Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

420DD Butts posted:

Just give the players free agency, drat. You'd think they'd be more resistant to salary demands.

No free agency is one of the things protecting the league from anti trust lawsuits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
ladies and gentlemen, your 2015 Revs alternate kits sponsored by the north pole

generally speaking i like the mls badge but it looks so goddamn terrible on that kit

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Charlie Davies looks bad in anything, and on this planet.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
more like new england revulsion

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Your Boy Fancy posted:

He also looks good in the club, amirite?

MLS players and owners just arrived at a mediator's office. Oi.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Your Boy Fancy posted:

No one could make that kit look good.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
If they got rid of that stupid white portion at the top of the chest it would be a great kit.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I'm getting one, haters vacate.

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

I love the new away kit. About time they incorporated some green.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I'm 100% on board with using the New England flag colors a little more but that alternate is just an eyesore.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Diplomat posted:

I love the new away kit. About time they incorporated some green.

I never even noticed it until I read your post then went back and looked again.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

it's just awful. shamefully bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That sash looks stupid.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The red bulls primary is identical to last year's but with the new crest on the sleeve.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

the escape goat posted:

Let it rain. Let it pour. Let my Kappa brothers score.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

the escape goat posted:

It looks fine. Better than a bunch of bad shirts.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Your Boy Fancy posted:

It looks fine. Better than a bunch of bad shirts.

it's gonna enhance everyone's beer gut :(

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
MLS 2015: Please Work Out

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The Timbers shirt is fine and not offensive at all, I think it's just being poo poo on because Portland.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Seltzer posted:

The Timbers shirt is fine and not offensive at all, I think it's just being poo poo on because Portland.

it looks like a giant sad face with the chevron, adidas logo, and crest. it's bad. hella bad.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm not going to rush out and buy one, but it's not the end of the world. I don't know what's more entertaining, the backlash or Merritt's reaction.

Just kidding, it's always Merritt that is most entertaining

Seltzer posted:

It's being poo poo on the hardest by Portland, unless that's what you mean.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
News: Audi and MLS just signed a 4-year auto sponsorship deal, and Audi will be the MLS Cup sponsor.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2015/03/04/Marketing-and-Sponsorship/Audi-MLS.aspx

quote:

A source described the deal as one of the largest in MLS history and Audi's largest U.S. sports marketing expenditure. The sponsorship includes a national TV package, on-field and stadium branding across the league, 30 player appearances, digital and social media and the rights to use MLS player likenesses. Audi also gets the rights to develop and market an MLS Cup trophy tour, develop in-market experiences around the MLS All-Star Game and MLS Cup and develop Audi-branded premium items.

Views: It wasn't supposed to be known to the players and the public until after the CBA negotiations lololololololololol what a bunch of fuckers.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Ugh, that is damaging to the brand image Audi has built up. Gonna trade in my Audi for a Mercedes.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Welp, you're selling our faces and making bank off them, how about you make free agency 25/5?

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Nybble posted:

News: Audi and MLS just signed a 4-year auto sponsorship deal, and Audi will be the MLS Cup sponsor.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2015/03/04/Marketing-and-Sponsorship/Audi-MLS.aspx

Views: It wasn't supposed to be known to the players and the public until after the CBA negotiations lololololololololol what a bunch of fuckers.

The league struggled to put viable teams in Florida and California, it should surprise exactly zero people that MLS ownership can't gently caress up things like releasing business deals before negotiations are done.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

This is just a reminder that if a CBA deal gets done and there are games this weekend, MLS Fantasy is on.

You can join our league here: http://fantasy.mlssoccer.com

League Name: SA Goon League 2015
League Code: 349-377

Also, for all MLS Fantasy discussion, there is the MLS FANTASY thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3701861

We have 26 teams currently and there will be prizes for the Supporter's Shield, Goon MLS Cup, Cup Runner Up, and finally Last Place which gets a giant wooden spoon.

MLS Fantasy is a good way to become knowledgeable about many teams in the league besides your own. I know that is a bad thing according to a lot of people who follow this league, but I've found it enjoyable and fun being able to watch Eastern Conference games and looking for a promising young player or two.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Probably not surprising but Orlando City now has an "Official Theme Park".

quote:

ORLANDO – March 4, 2015 – Walt Disney World Resort and Orlando City Soccer Club have announced today a multi-year agreement making Walt Disney World Resort a founding sponsor of the Club. The announcement comes at an exciting time, just days before Orlando City Soccer Club’s 2015 Major League Soccer (MLS) debut on Sunday.

Under the agreement, Walt Disney World Resort becomes the official theme park and resort destination of Orlando City Soccer Club; Disney Cruise Line becomes the official cruise line of the Club; and Disney Vacation Club becomes the official vacation club of the team. Also, Disney will have a significant presence at Orlando City home matches at the Citrus Bowl in 2015 as well as at its future multi-purpose downtown stadium starting in 2016.

Additionally, the new agreement will help bolster Orlando’s and Walt Disney World Resort’s profile in key travel markets, such as Brazil and other Latin American countries where soccer is a national pastime.

Gonna get all that sweet Brazilian tourist money.

http://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2015/03/04/walt-disney-world-resort-becomes-founding-sponsor

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
They also added 2,000 standing room only tickets for the opening match.

Just keep on the gas pedal towards that cliff, everyone. I'm sure it'll work out at the last moment.

Sperg
Jul 20, 2008

Theoretically, it is possible...
@TomVeitTheGM: Reliable sources inside MLS tell me as of now they will play this weekend no labor stoppage for opening weekend.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Read that the players are voting on the latest CBA proposal, which is a good sign compared to yesterday where there didn't appear to be anything even worth voting on.

burrito
Apr 6, 2011

I wish I had a taco instead.
Sounds like a deal has been made!

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
We're gonna have a season after all

quote:

Kyle Martino
‏@kylemartino
Deal is done. #CBA

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

@SoccerByIves 8m8 minutes ago
So #MLSCBA deal is done. Hearing lots of players unhappy w/final deal. I'm told 7 teams voted against it (KC, RSL, RBNY, NYC, MON, FCD, COL)

So players probably got, unsurprisingly, not much

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Sweet, now I get to watch SEAvNE in Boston.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

G-Hawk posted:

@SoccerByIves 8m8 minutes ago
So #MLSCBA deal is done. Hearing lots of players unhappy w/final deal. I'm told 7 teams voted against it (KC, RSL, RBNY, NYC, MON, FCD, COL)

So players probably got, unsurprisingly, not much

People seem to be saying the minimum's been raised to 60k, the cap's 15% higher, and there'll be 28/8 free agency, but apparently there'll be an announcement later tonight where, per league policy, nothing useful will be revealed.

Sperg
Jul 20, 2008

Theoretically, it is possible...
Details on deal: 5-year CBA. Free agency for age 28+, 8yrs experience. Cap on raise based on salary. Minimum now $60K

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

and capos everywhere direct cheers and jeers into the twit-o-sphere

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Well, now that that clusterfuck is over, I can go back to being unable to watch my team's CCL game because the channel it's on is unavailable in my area at literally any price but the game remains, nonetheless, blacked out on MLS Live.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Two days to soccer!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

guppy posted:

Well, now that that clusterfuck is over, I can go back to being unable to watch my team's CCL game because the channel it's on is unavailable in my area at literally any price but the game remains, nonetheless, blacked out on MLS Live.

I can't even watch it on Fox's streaming video site, FS2 is unavailable there, just FS1.

• Locked thread