Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Nay, there are two more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
There's another episode next week. I find it kinda strange that they haven't built to any kind of finale climax plot arc over the last few episodes though.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Was that the season finale? Pretty lame if it was.

If only there existed some way to look up the answer to this question.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I liked that ending. Not sure what direction the season finale will take but I trust this show to make it fun.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

The Lord Bude posted:

There's another episode next week. I find it kinda strange that they haven't built to any kind of finale climax plot arc over the last few episodes though.
I find it really weird that this second half hasn't really built to anything. I thought they were gonna push Watson over Andrew's death but other than Sherlock calling her out for trying to be more like him (which he sees as bad), there wasn't much in that department. I'm guessing whatever finale material is gonna be completely left field.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

withak posted:

If only there existed some way to look up the answer to this question.

Without getting spoiled? Slightly harder.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
That last scene with Sherlock and Marcus bro-ing out with the Stanley Cup was exactly what I didn't know I needed :3:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I do love the callback to Sherlock STILL not being over Moriarty/Adler, even if he realizes she's a psychopath. The heart wants what it wants.

Dogeatdog
Jun 17, 2005

bubblelubble posted:

That last scene with Sherlock and Marcus bro-ing out with the Stanley Cup was exactly what I didn't know I needed :3:

Sherlock offering to get some lady friends for Marcus was the most fun bro-ing ever.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Pan Dulce posted:

I do love the callback to Sherlock STILL not being over Moriarty/Adler, even if he realizes she's a psychopath. The heart wants what it wants.

Yeah I really like that Sherlock doesn't just magically not care for her anymore. It would cheapen her character and undermine the psychological hold she had on him if he was just fine now.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
:siren: Holmes and Watson investigate the death of a member of Sherlock’s online beekeeping community who was researching a deadly Northeast honeybee outbreak. Meanwhile, Gregson gets Joan to conduct an off-book probe that helps him make a life-changing decision. :siren:

Tonight!

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So is tonight going to end with MORIARTY OUT OF loving NOWHERE or something similar or is next week going to be less "Season finale" and more "Last episode for a while"?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Well it's not quite Moriarty, but it's still an appropriately :ohdear: cliffhanger.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

This was a fun mystery but I was very disappointed to find out that https://www.beecircuit.com did not exist.

This feels like more of a setup for next season than anything else though.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Hahaha the idea that you could get a job with the USDA with a minor :allears:. Or a bachelor's. Or a master's.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
Who wants to get rid of Gregson? :ohdear:

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

Still Fluxing posted:

Who wants to get rid of Gregson? :ohdear:

Perhaps...

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

So is tonight going to end with MORIARTY OUT OF loving NOWHERE

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
It was a reasonably good episode, solid 'B' all round I'd say.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
So the bodyguard from the UAE just happened to stay at the motel from The Red Team huh? :v:

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
The mystery was so convoluted (so much so that they even comment on it) but at the end they mostly pulled it out? The kidnapping being the first plan and the bee genocide being a fallback option kinda made sense.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The only part of the plot that really didn't make sense (you know, even by TV standards) was that the husband sold his wife out the second he found out about her cheating. That would make sense in a vacuum and it's certainly understandable why he was so upset, but these people just pulled off a seemingly successful kidnapping and are presumably both millionaires, with nothing stopping them from leaving the country. The idea that the husband torpedoed both of their lives the morning they're about to leave out of spite/revenge seems kind of silly considering that he could've just as easily hosed off to Vietnam, broken up with/ditched/sold the wife out then, and then lived happily ever after. But whatever, was still a fun episode and the thing with the captain definitely seems like it's just there to set up the big ~shocking revelation~ in the season finale. I doubt he would actually leave or be written off the show considering that he's 25% of the main cast, even if he isn't as big a part as Marcus or obviously Sherlock/Watson.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Confirmed renewed for season 4, yay

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

VDay posted:

The only part of the plot that really didn't make sense (you know, even by TV standards) was that the husband sold his wife out the second he found out about her cheating. That would make sense in a vacuum and it's certainly understandable why he was so upset, but these people just pulled off a seemingly successful kidnapping and are presumably both millionaires, with nothing stopping them from leaving the country. The idea that the husband torpedoed both of their lives the morning they're about to leave out of spite/revenge seems kind of silly considering that he could've just as easily hosed off to Vietnam, broken up with/ditched/sold the wife out then, and then lived happily ever after. But whatever, was still a fun episode and the thing with the captain definitely seems like it's just there to set up the big ~shocking revelation~ in the season finale. I doubt he would actually leave or be written off the show considering that he's 25% of the main cast, even if he isn't as big a part as Marcus or obviously Sherlock/Watson.

He didn't do it in a vacuum. Holmes was able to tie the husband and wife to the bee killer. From there, it's a simple matter to dummy up a case regarding the attack on the USDA guy and then you're presenting it as "hey, you're going down for this, are you going to pass up an opportunity to improve your sentence while also getting back at your cheating wife?"

I kind of assumed that the season finale would be about Watson's choice to become Holmes v2 since that's been the major ongoing plot but I guess it's building up a new villain instead.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Nah, they had gotten away clean. The husband confessing was silly.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Wait *that* was the finale??? That was a pretty weak cliffhanger - Gregson being targeted? That was all? Nothing about Sherlock or even Joan?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

bubblelubble posted:

Wait *that* was the finale??? That was a pretty weak cliffhanger - Gregson being targeted? That was all? Nothing about Sherlock or even Joan?

Looks like theres one more tonight/tomorrow night.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

:siren: FINALE :siren:

A Controlled Descent

Holmes and Watson take on an investigation of a personal nature when Holmes' recovery sponsor, Alfredo, suddenly disappears. As they delve into Alfredo's life for clues, Holmes questions whether their friend has been abducted, or worse, if he suffered a relapse into addiction.

:ohdear:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Can we get a finale sticky?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Beta Ray Bill?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm scared

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Hah!

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Has Jonathon Bloom been on the show before? Did I miss him in the previously?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What an understated and depressing finale.

:smith:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Out of the park.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
That was "yessssss yesssssss" immediately followed by "nooooooooooooooo" too quickly to post, good way to end the season though I guess.

Nothing about whoever wants Gregson out though.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
So are we supposed to take away that after all that, after learning that Alberto was safe, and after learning that the whole thing was a setup to try and get Sherlock to start using again... he THEN fell off the wagon? He let the bad guy just win like that?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

So are we supposed to take away that after all that, after learning that Alberto was safe, and after learning that the whole thing was a setup to try and get Sherlock to start using again... he THEN fell off the wagon? He let the bad guy just win like that?
Sherlock: If you must know, Watson, I've been feeling a little bit down of late. It's the process of maintaining my sobriety. It's repetitive. And it's relentless. And above all, it's tedious. When I left rehab, I... I accepted your influence, I committed to my recovery. And now, two years in, I find myself asking, 'is this it?' My sobriety is simply a grind. It's just this leaky faucet that requires constant maintenance, and in return offers only not to drip."

Joan: You have your work, you have me. You're alive.

Sherlock: I've told myself that many times. So many times, it has become unmoored from all meaning. Odd. I used to imagine that a relapse would be the climax to some grand drama. Now I think that if I were to use drugs again, it would in fact be an anticlimax. It would be a surrender to the incessant drip, drip, drip of existence.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

On the one hand I think we've all been eager to meet the Holmes patriarch. On the other I'm pretty sad that Holmes relapsed.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

gently caress :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Most of the ep I'm thinking "Oh come on, if this doesn't make Sherlock relapse, essentially nothing ever will."

And then, at the end I'm thinking "noooo Sherlock whyyy :("

Good writing by not giving the audience what they want.

• Locked thread