Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Brief Respect (as a bait in neutral) canceled into Heaven Can Wait is my new favorite gimmick with Axl.
Extra fun if you RC - Gold IK it on hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

dhamster posted:

I have some vague idea of an oki gameplan when I play Ky but I don't have one for Sol. What are some good things to do when I knock the other guy down as Sol?

can you still yrc fafnir and then command grab them during the slowdown frames to mess with their attempts to hit you out of it because yrc eats inputs or did they fix that

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
yrc still eats inputs yes

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Oh ok, so the japanese players seem to think dizzy is lacking in a tool to make matches more in her favor, like she doesn't quite have a move that shifts momentum on hit like a zato drill.

And I can't say I disagree.

For bedman even a blocked bedslam makes a difference.

She feels weird, but her iad combos seem annoying but most have variations so :shrug:

maybe i should go back to jack-o until people figure out what she does well, because I can't figure it out.

Her combos are delicious, her neutral is confusing and her oki is spotty.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

rev for pc when

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

nah, one of them does, you do 959 or 757 and it gives you an instant air dash

This works in Revelator and Sign as well

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

rev for pc when

January or march or something. Or ps now on pc next month for the low res lag option lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's some good uses of Millia's 6K? I've used the invuln to escape some of the more obvious lows that I react or expect but what are some follow ups once I land that hit? I've messed around a little in training but I usually hit people so far away that my options feel limited without an RC. Any tips for a n00beh.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It's not really used for that kinda footsies. It's a good oki tool, plus on block and also special cancelable. Most of the time you use it with an H disc backing it up so that if it hits then the disc hits right after so you can pick up into a combo from there, or from so close that you can cancel the 6K hit into S disc and then follow up with like 5P into air combo.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I don't know if Revelator is different (I'm on PC Sign) but what situations should I look for to use May's command grab? It seems to have a really short range so pushback makes it not possible to combo into and I'm not sure when or how I should use it. It's a DP input so is it meant as a weird sort of antiair?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Reiley posted:

I don't know if Revelator is different (I'm on PC Sign) but what situations should I look for to use May's command grab? It seems to have a really short range so pushback makes it not possible to combo into and I'm not sure when or how I should use it. It's a DP input so is it meant as a weird sort of antiair?

You can't combo into command grabs in GG unless it's from stagger, pushback or not. Think of it more as a tick throw. Also no it's not an antiair.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Reiley posted:

I think the Smash equivalent to the statement you made here would be something like "it's an Up+B so it's primarily for recovery right?" when talking about Yoshi Egg Throw (yeah I know it provides a little height in Smash 4). Move utility is not universally tied to its motion here. Also in Sign 1.0 the motion for her grab was something more traditionally "command grab" anyway like a hcb,f or something, they just changed it in 1.1 for some reason.

Anyway, use it like you would any other grab or command grab, as a mixup when you've got them scared or conditioned to block in a situation.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Thank you for explaining it in that specific way. I didn't realize it had another prior command but I guess the reason for the DP is so it doesn't overlap with sea world. I know it sets up into 6H easy but I thought there was something else I was missing, thanks again.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I mean it's not a super weird assumption, since Potemkin has an anti air command grab with a DP input. Sometimes special inputs don't follow a specific convention, though, like I-No's 214 fireball

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Please don't try to use carcass raid like a flash kick

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
https://youtu.be/YLizjSU-55U

Skip to the end if you wanna see some tight Jack-o play. Didn't know Lost Soul was playing her now, that was quick switch from Elph.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

dhamster posted:

I mean it's not a super weird assumption, since Potemkin has an anti air command grab with a DP input. Sometimes special inputs don't follow a specific convention, though, like I-No's 214 fireball

Heat knuckle is not really meant to be used as antiair

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Kizzercrate/status/772826949861466116

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Didn't see anything in the OP about Revelator, so;

I played Revelator last week. It seems fun, but too expensive atm to buy. Xrd Sign is on sale digital for 15 euro.

If I get Sign can I fight my friend with Revelator? Are they very different?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you can't fight your friend with revelator. the characters that are in both games are mostly the same but revelator has a few new/rebalanced mechanics and like 7 new characters

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm gonna totally buy my 3rd xrd when it comes out in 2018

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Seedge posted:

Didn't see anything in the OP about Revelator, so;

I played Revelator last week. It seems fun, but too expensive atm to buy. Xrd Sign is on sale digital for 15 euro.

If I get Sign can I fight my friend with Revelator? Are they very different?

you get elphelt hurtboxes free with revelator

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It's a long shot but I might as well try it.
Anyone from EU (or with decent connection to EU) wanna play a scrub on PC?
Hit me up: http://steamcommunity.com/id/thejacktrades/

I'm total trash tier scrub at Xrd who barely has any idea what he's doing.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Why isn't there a GG character based on Megadeth

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

Why isn't there a GG character based on Megadeth
valentine from guilty gear 2 is referred to as a 'megadeath-class gear'

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Endorph posted:

valentine from guilty gear 2 is referred to as a 'megadeath-class gear'

drat, I need to add that to my playlist of GG references

Next question: Where is Anthrax

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh hey it's back.

https://twitter.com/miyakodizzy/status/777484003469250560

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
set up your own meme/fanfic mode coming september 30 for revelator

It also said unannounced balance changes.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I think they said only dizzy was getting changes

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Hi everyone, I'm a dumb idiot baby who liked throwing on the big long anime story thing in SIGN during slow days of working from home. ....Except I can't remember diddly poo poo about the plot of SIGN after the arcade mode ending where the city gets destroyed, other than some random tidbits like Bedman killing a dog and Ky apparently being weirdly immortal. If I recall correctly even That Man showed up to blast something or someone with Sol's help or something?

Can someone give me a quick rundown of the state of affairs at the beginning of Revelator? I know this is pretty much a thread for figuring out where best to cancel to create insane combos and poo poo but as an absolute scrub-tier fighting game player that means nothing to poor old me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ram eats a burger

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ryoshi posted:

Hi everyone, I'm a dumb idiot baby who liked throwing on the big long anime story thing in SIGN during slow days of working from home. ....Except I can't remember diddly poo poo about the plot of SIGN after the arcade mode ending where the city gets destroyed, other than some random tidbits like Bedman killing a dog and Ky apparently being weirdly immortal. If I recall correctly even That Man showed up to blast something or someone with Sol's help or something?

Can someone give me a quick rundown of the state of affairs at the beginning of Revelator? I know this is pretty much a thread for figuring out where best to cancel to create insane combos and poo poo but as an absolute scrub-tier fighting game player that means nothing to poor old me.

Ram eats a hamnburger

Edit: beaten

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
gross slimy teeth jacket lady shovels meat and bread into her dumb kawaii face

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
paraplegic evil child scientist who converted his hotwheels bed into a fighting robot murders a dog

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
rams teeth jacket is cool as heck

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Revelator sooooo good but I dont think im in the spirit of the game because I hate dashing and just enjoy bopping people with s and hs as potemkin.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Revelator sooooo good but I dont think im in the spirit of the game because I hate dashing and just enjoy bopping people with s and hs as potemkin.

good news: potemkin can't air dash

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

best news: or forward dash

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Thats how I knew he was my man.