Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
My first roll gave me Hunter X and Merlin. I rerolled :spergin:

A few dozen rerolls later I got Arthur. Then picked up Merlin and Oda Nobunaga X from rolls I did with the co-op gems. Then a fianl 10 pull got me 8 pieces of garbage, Yukimura, and Arthur #2. With how fast this game throws orbs at you for co-op play (5 orbs for the first 10 people you play with) you could potentially just roll, then jump in a Line chat and run a map or two with random people and try another half dozen rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plonk
Jun 27, 2009

neurotech posted:

How many re-rolls did it take you guys before you got a keeper?

30+, got Arthur. I think it took around 25 accounts before a 5* showed up.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Got Arthur after about an hour of rerolling, also have a Mundus account (iOS) if anyone is super desperate (he's A-tier)

applebane
Jun 5, 2011
Okay, almost everytime i try to start a co op game it never sends the stage i select, and worse it loves selecting stages that are no longer playable and I dont know how to fix it.

I try restarting the app, the phone, play a bunch of different stages in single player, and play someone else co op invite ; but it just wont let go of what ever stage it picked.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

applebane posted:

Okay, almost everytime i try to start a co op game it never sends the stage i select, and worse it loves selecting stages that are no longer playable and I dont know how to fix it.

I try restarting the app, the phone, play a bunch of different stages in single player, and play someone else co op invite ; but it just wont let go of what ever stage it picked.

Do you notice Monstrike restarting when you click in from the LINE link? There's a bug where if that happens it'll actually send you to the last dungeon you successfully hosted. You can actually use this to chain run bonus stages... but that might be against TOS.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Added my name to the google doc and sent friend requests to a few folks, I'll add everyone else later on. I've been playing this game for about a week already, using Striker as my main and Nanami and Sanada Yukimura as my subs.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
I'm thoroughly enjoying this.

It it ok just to follow the "sell for gold" and "fuse for big xp boost" things?

Is it just a case of keeping anything that appears on the list of good stuff, and fusing the rest?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

I'm thoroughly enjoying this.

It it ok just to follow the "sell for gold" and "fuse for big xp boost" things?

Is it just a case of keeping anything that appears on the list of good stuff, and fusing the rest?

Yes, the turtles do what they are advertised. Same with the Morlings

Generally speaking anything below 4* is worthless trash, with the exception being probably the drakes that you can farm for Luck.

4* monsters tend to have very niche uses. Like for example Jupiter has a weak bump combo but the combination of Pierce and Shield Breaker makes her really good for bosses that like to surround themselves with shields.

5* monsters are more universally useful.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
Thanks dragon enthusiast.
Nice to see so many PAD professors moonlighting here.

applebane
Jun 5, 2011

dragon enthusiast posted:

Do you notice Monstrike restarting when you click in from the LINE link? There's a bug where if that happens it'll actually send you to the last dungeon you successfully hosted. You can actually use this to chain run bonus stages... but that might be against TOS.

yeah i think its almost always restarting when i click a link, anyway to stop that?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Chain-running dungeons is simpler than that because your hosting link never changes. It really amazes me that a bug like that was able to slip through and I wonder if/when it'll be fixed.

Fatherwolf
Aug 2, 2012

What?
anyone has a clue on how Ascension work?

Cause i just pulled a Zeus and i would like to make him evolve into his dark form at some point.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
In the OP it refers to Apollo X. I just drew an Apollo on my first roll. Is that the same thing?

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

m.hache posted:

In the OP it refers to Apollo X. I just drew an Apollo on my first roll. Is that the same thing?

No.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Back to the Drawing (reroll) board for me.

Where is that .bin file located exactly in my tree? I'm running Cyanogenmod so I believe I should be able to see it.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
I'm also having trouble connecting

I click the link
It pops up chrome for a sec
Monster Strike restarts.
I pick a team
It sticks at looking for games
fails. Same if I try again.

1 time I saw an available game user Paperlion, who's link it was. I selected the game and it tried to connect, then failed.

Any ideas?

m.hache posted:

Back to the Drawing (reroll) board for me.

Where is that .bin file located exactly in my tree? I'm running Cyanogenmod so I believe I should be able to see it.

It's in /data/data/jp.co.mixi.monsterstrikeUS

I had to use root browser to access it.

Yermaw Zahoor fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 2, 2014

Plonk
Jun 27, 2009

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

I'm also having trouble connecting

I click the link
It pops up chrome for a sec
Monster Strike restarts.
I pick a team
It sticks at looking for games
fails. Same if I try again.

1 time I saw an available game user Paperlion, who's link it was. I selected the game and it tried to connect, then failed.

Any ideas?

Usually it's because the co-op games fill fast, then you're unable to see them anymore, or the host forgot to click his own link.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
Ah ok thanks. I'll just keep trying

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Pretty good run of hard green/dark sharls

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ok finally pulled a Zeus. :slick:

Any recommendations for what to do as a starter? I am just going to keep doing solo missions until I can't anymore.

Also is it worth keeping your starter character, or will he be replaced with the 4* rare rolls that I've been getting.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

m.hache posted:

Ok finally pulled a Zeus. :slick:

Any recommendations for what to do as a starter? I am just going to keep doing solo missions until I can't anymore.

Also is it worth keeping your starter character, or will he be replaced with the 4* rare rolls that I've been getting.

Piggyback onto goon runs. If they're good about labeling what stages they're running (which isn't generally the case, yet) then when exp shellathons and bonus stages are up you can get a bunch of experience for Zeus really quick and get showered in stones for new striker bonuses to boot.

Your starter drake will generally be replaced early on. As a long term project, though, some players stack luck on the Fire Drake to make bonus drops very likely.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Piggyback onto goon runs. If they're good about labeling what stages they're running (which isn't generally the case, yet) then when exp shellathons and bonus stages are up you can get a bunch of experience for Zeus really quick and get showered in stones for new striker bonuses to boot.

Your starter drake will generally be replaced early on. As a long term project, though, some players stack luck on the Fire Drake to make bonus drops very likely.

So I installed Link and joined the group. Should I add goons to my friends list via LINK or just wait for posts inviting people to groups?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
You can add goon friends but it's easier to just wait for runs to get put up in the group chat room. Or put some up yourself. Make sure you don't share as post.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

If you're on an ipad you can install the ipad version of line which has less functions (can't post to group, only chat) but isn't quite as terrible as a result. I don't think you can mass delete chat logs in the ipad version though.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Got an Arthur on my fifth or so reroll (and immediately wondered what Saber was doing here). Guess that means I'm playin' now. Does this game have PAD-style godfests to save stones for?

edit: Huh. that Line QR code just opens up a firefox tab telling me to install Line, enough those I do in fact have Line installed! What gives?

Pierson fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 3, 2014

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Pierson posted:

Got an Arthur on my fifth or so reroll (and immediately wondered what Saber was doing here). Guess that means I'm playin' now. Does this game have PAD-style godfests to save stones for?

edit: Huh. that Line QR code just opens up a firefox tab telling me to install Line, enough those I do in fact have Line installed! What gives?

The events where all eggs come out at 4* or above are the equivalent of PAD godfests, the current one of which should be ending soon.

Are you scanning the QR code from LINE itself or from whatever reader you happen to have installed?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
From within Line, from Add Friends > QR Code.

So I guess with these ten stones I have (already! jeez!) I should roll a couple of times and see what comes out.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Finally got a diamond sharl and evolved Striker into Super Striker, terrible name but he looks less like a generic anime dude and more like an anime dude with wings and crap. Also he's way way better, and I was already happy with him before.

Pierson posted:

From within Line, from Add Friends > QR Code.

So I guess with these ten stones I have (already! jeez!) I should roll a couple of times and see what comes out.

Play some co-op matches and you'll have 50+ in no time, you get 5 each for the first 10 new players you meet, than 1 each after that.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Daveski posted:

Finally got a diamond sharl and evolved Striker into Super Striker, terrible name but he looks less like a generic anime dude and more like an anime dude with wings and crap. Also he's way way better, and I was already happy with him before.

Striker and Striker jr are blatant DBZ ripoffs/spoofs. :ssh:

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
For those of you just starting out and planning on rerolling for good guys, I would advise playing into the game and getting the 5x10 orbs for coop play, drop the 10x summon and if you dont get what you want out of that then reroll. That said, this game seems to have good drop rates, although my only other experience is summoners war which had an incredibly abysmal drop rate. Like, I watched a stream of a dude drop 400$ in that game and get nothing but trash. Started out with Nanami after one reroll, got Arthur and a couple other good ones in a 10x orb roll.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
So how does the whole Ascension/Evolve system work? Can I still Ascend after evolving my monster, or the other way around, etc.
For reference my main is Odin.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
So what's the best (monster)experience vs. time vs. stamina dungeon. Since I now know that you can rerun coop bonuses, is that the best dungeon to run? ~2 4*(?) exp turtles a run, plus +eggs and whatever drops.
Anything better?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Goodchild posted:

So how does the whole Ascension/Evolve system work? Can I still Ascend after evolving my monster, or the other way around, etc.
For reference my main is Odin.

You can ascend after evolving and the materials needed to ascend will be lowered. For example instead of say a 3 luck and a 2 luck monster you only need a 2 luck and a 1 luck monster. You would still need to max level the monster so it's Level 99 instead of Level 70, not to mention the Divine Sharl needed. However, if you don't have anything better, evolving them to a 6 star first will really help your team. If the ascension monster is easy to farm and you aren't planning on using that monster, then just wait to ascend it. If this is one of the main monsters on your team then evolve it first because its a huge stat gain once you evolve it as well as changing your Bounce/Strike Shot for the better.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
Thanks, exactly what I was looking for. I'm really close to being able to Evolve, so I'll aim for that.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Worth noting that not all units can ascend as well. Arthur can't ascend but Zeus has two forms they can take: Light or Dark (like in PAD).

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
So, I found out about a super cheaty thing. If you're using line groups to co-op with others. You can run the one time bonus stage endlessly by reusing the same link instead of creating a new one inside the game. I hosted a Castle Redsrath bonus stage (which currently has 2x drops) and invited my friends over and over. Its basically running turtles on hard for 1 stamina cost. We maxed out all our monsters as well as maxed out affinity bonus.

Not sure if it goes away if you host another map or how this really works.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Been rerolling new accounts trying to get one with a Zeus, nothing :| Rolled my 3rd Arthur though :derp:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Daveski posted:

Play some co-op matches and you'll have 50+ in no time, you get 5 each for the first 10 new players you meet, than 1 each after that.
I'd love to but the problem I'm still having is getting that QR code to work.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Pierson posted:

I'd love to but the problem I'm still having is getting that QR code to work.

It took me forever to get it to work. Try opening it in a separate tab, ctrl+mouse wheel zooming to make it bigger, and holding the phone further away than you think you should.

That is how it worked for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Velveteen posted:

So, I found out about a super cheaty thing. If you're using line groups to co-op with others. You can run the one time bonus stage endlessly by reusing the same link instead of creating a new one inside the game. I hosted a Castle Redsrath bonus stage (which currently has 2x drops) and invited my friends over and over. Its basically running turtles on hard for 1 stamina cost. We maxed out all our monsters as well as maxed out affinity bonus.

Not sure if it goes away if you host another map or how this really works.

That's hilarious.

Also I want in on this.

EDIT: Just pulled an Arthur to go with my Zeus. He's got a 5 clover rating. Would it make more sense to put him on my first slot?

m.hache fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Nov 4, 2014

• Locked thread