Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Starting the re rollathon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

m.hache posted:

He's got a 5 clover rating. Would it make more sense to put him on my first slot?

Nah, it's not enough to make any difference, imo.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

madstrike posted:

Nah, it's not enough to make any difference, imo.

I guess at this point it's comparing Zues and Arthur pros/cons then. Zues' pierce is nice but I sometimes find that if I could just wedge myself against a wall I could do way more damage with a bounce.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

inSTAALed posted:

It took me forever to get it to work. Try opening it in a separate tab, ctrl+mouse wheel zooming to make it bigger, and holding the phone further away than you think you should.

That is how it worked for me.
No that isn't the problem. I can read the code fine, but whether I use it from within Line itself or a seperate QR reader it just says I have no program installed capable of using it, then gives me a browser page telling me to install Line (which I already have).

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Pierson posted:

No that isn't the problem. I can read the code fine, but whether I use it from within Line itself or a seperate QR reader it just says I have no program installed capable of using it, then gives me a browser page telling me to install Line (which I already have).

Oh, hmm...

That is weird. What phone do you have?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Velveteen posted:

So, I found out about a super cheaty thing. If you're using line groups to co-op with others. You can run the one time bonus stage endlessly by reusing the same link instead of creating a new one inside the game. I hosted a Castle Redsrath bonus stage (which currently has 2x drops) and invited my friends over and over. Its basically running turtles on hard for 1 stamina cost. We maxed out all our monsters as well as maxed out affinity bonus.

Not sure if it goes away if you host another map or how this really works.

It's been talked about earlier, but apparently, the link you get for inviting never changes, meaning if you click on it again, you can continually run the last bonus stage you ran for near unlimited times.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Velveteen posted:

So, I found out about a super cheaty thing. If you're using line groups to co-op with others. You can run the one time bonus stage endlessly by reusing the same link instead of creating a new one inside the game. I hosted a Castle Redsrath bonus stage (which currently has 2x drops) and invited my friends over and over. Its basically running turtles on hard for 1 stamina cost. We maxed out all our monsters as well as maxed out affinity bonus.

Not sure if it goes away if you host another map or how this really works.

This has been mentioned a few times. I found it on the first day because this game and line hate my iPad mini and constantly reset both apps, which kept causing me to host the previous level and it didn't take long to realize that since the links never change you can game the gently caress out of the system.

m.hache posted:

That's hilarious.

Also I want in on this.

EDIT: Just pulled an Arthur to go with my Zeus. He's got a 5 clover rating. Would it make more sense to put him on my first slot?

Keep and use both units. Wall wedging can do a ton of damage (my best is 2.5 million and about 130 hits on an enemy) but Zeus is strong as gently caress and his evolved form's strike shot can easily do 6-900k damage to a boss since the bolts seem to do aoe and so any shields the boss has become a liability. Plus he can trigger other units when passing through so setting off an Arthur or two with your strike shot on the boss can top 1 million damage quickly.

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
Do time-limited dungeon links expire along with the dungeons?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Evil Fluffy posted:

Keep and use both units. Wall wedging can do a ton of damage (my best is 2.5 million and about 130 hits on an enemy) but Zeus is strong as gently caress and his evolved form's strike shot can easily do 6-900k damage to a boss since the bolts seem to do aoe and so any shields the boss has become a liability. Plus he can trigger other units when passing through so setting off an Arthur or two with your strike shot on the boss can top 1 million damage quickly.

Oh I plan on keeping them both. Just trying to figure out who should be my front liner.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

DoubleWelp posted:

Do time-limited dungeon links expire along with the dungeons?

Yes. You get an error if you try to join a dungeon that expired. No endless farming of events or shellageddons.

Wyeth
Apr 19, 2012
I have a Zeus, Odin, and Nanami. I also have another 10 rolls saved up from co-op.

Roll now before the event is over, or save them for a future thing? Thoughts?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm still trying to figure out what's the point of rolling once you have the top tier chars? I have Arthur and Zeus so I'm just sitting on my orbs.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Stuff in later dungeons presumably will be harder to deal with and will require combinations of attributes that Zeus and Arthur don't cover. You can already see Zeus struggle with dungeons with lots of gravity barriers.

I don't know what Japan's metagame is like currently since I quit back in Friday but YouTube might give you an idea.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I'd just sit on orbs if you have multiple A/S rank units, especially an Arthur/Zeus or two of one of them. Extra 5* units are nice and all but I'm saving my orbs for the next worthwhile batch they add to the game. I'd love to get a Zeus though. I've been doing some solo runs with dark Zeus buddies and goddamn they're so powerful even compared to my max level Arthur. His strike shot's just so brutal even when not setting off other units' bounces along the way.

Plus ascended dark Zeus does both his normal explosion and the 4-way laser when you bump him.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

dragon enthusiast posted:

Stuff in later dungeons presumably will be harder to deal with and will require combinations of attributes that Zeus and Arthur don't cover. You can already see Zeus struggle with dungeons with lots of gravity barriers.

I don't know what Japan's metagame is like currently since I quit back in Friday but YouTube might give you an idea.

Hm I guess I'll wait for the next set of units to be released and just focus on leveling my Zeus.

The game still really is a mystery to me. I'm more or less just joining co-op games and flying around.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

So I'm a sucker for this kind of game, but I don't really understand the reroll process. I understand how to delete my info and start over, but when in the game do I want to do that? There's a tutorial at the start where I picked a colored dragon and the first tutorial mission results in an egg - if that egg isn't one of the big guns, do I need to restart?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

inkmoth posted:

So I'm a sucker for this kind of game, but I don't really understand the reroll process. I understand how to delete my info and start over, but when in the game do I want to do that? There's a tutorial at the start where I picked a colored dragon and the first tutorial mission results in an egg - if that egg isn't one of the big guns, do I need to restart?

You can do it after the first pull, or after you complete the tutorial.

Alternatively you could also do a few coop matches as well since the first 10 people you are matched with give you 5 orbs. Your call.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

It's been a few months since I got sick of PAD after playing for a year and I finally got the itch again. This seems like a fun game to try out. Currently on reroll hell right now. I hope I get something good before I go crazy.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

inkmoth posted:

After the tutorial, you can do one more mission that gives you 5 more orbs. Roll again with those, and if neither of those two are keepers you can restart then.

edit: Or maybe that's the end of the tutorial, I dunno. Either way, I waited until after the second roll to restart.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

inkmoth posted:

After your first roll, the game will direct you to the first quest in the game. Instead of finishing the stage, choose to quit from the menu and you can claim 5 orbs from the "complete the tutorial" mission.

You can also skip the fusion tutorial to save more time and hold on to that Deluxpie to feed to whatever ends up being a keeper for you.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
A question for you, dragon enthusiast:

I'm currently at Rank 31. My team consists of 6* Zeus Olympios (lvl 79), 5* Neptune (max lvl), and 4* Ishida Mitsunari (max lvl, just need a couple more materials to evo). I've also got a 4* Albacore and 4* Saya, which I haven't really done anything with yet. I've cleared all of the dungeons up to Blinding Menagerie (including the co-op ones), and I'm currently sitting on roughly 200 stones.

What should I be doing right now?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

What's the reason for the discrepancy between the OP tierlist and http://www.monsterstrikedatabase.com/tierlist.html ? Is it mainly a stat thing or a skill/quality of life issue?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

I'm currently at Rank 31. My team consists of 6* Zeus Olympios (lvl 79), 5* Neptune (max lvl), and 4* Ishida Mitsunari (max lvl, just need a couple more materials to evo). I've also got a 4* Albacore and 4* Saya, which I haven't really done anything with yet. I've cleared all of the dungeons up to Blinding Menagerie (including the co-op ones), and I'm currently sitting on roughly 200 stones.

Chill out and kill descendeds as they drop, maybe pick up a 90 Luck Wrathful Jabbanero?

I think eventually you'll hit a normal dungeon that requires you to be rank 111 before it lets you run it, so yeahhhhh

Xtanstic posted:

What's the reason for the discrepancy between the OP tierlist and http://www.monsterstrikedatabase.com/tierlist.html ? Is it mainly a stat thing or a skill/quality of life issue?

Mine comes from this site. That site's is based off of [url="http://モンスターストライク.gamewith.jp/article/show/286"]this tier list[/url] I believe.

edit: gently caress radium you get the picture

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 5, 2014

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

About a million restarts later, I got a Merlin. I guess I should keep resetting?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

Dump all xp in to Zeus, ignore everything else, and also ascend Zeus.

Then just run co-op with 3 other people and your other units won't matter at all.. Later levels you need to run wall damage ignore units or you're just asking for an unlucky bounce to cause you to suicide from 75% hp. :sigh:

Y2J
Aug 18, 2000

The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah
Hilarious poo poo. 1/2 the people in Goonstrike on Line are convinced SA stands for Suck rear end.

I'm a week in and that coop rerunning bug got me a hell of a lot of XP. Do all units need the shield breaker/wall damage ignore or does it work for the whole team if one card has it?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Xtanstic posted:

Different people have different opinions on certain monsters. I assume its mainly because we don't have most of the stuff on the list on NA yet. So without better alternatives, the ones on the lower section of the list gets bumped up. That list does mention why they placed the monster in certain ranks though. I'd much prefer that than a list of names like on the OP.

Y2J posted:

Hilarious poo poo. 1/2 the people in Goonstrike on Line are convinced SA stands for Suck rear end.

I'm a week in and that coop rerunning bug got me a hell of a lot of XP. Do all units need the shield breaker/wall damage ignore or does it work for the whole team if one card has it?

It only works for the individual card with the special. So its good to have a team of damage wall ignore on certain fights or null gravity on others.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
To whomever was wondering if you can transfer accounts between ios/ Android, apparently you can just copy the data10.bin file over just fine even though there's no official method.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Should I be holding onto all the 4 and 5 star things I am rolling, or just fusing them into my main monster?

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

inSTAALed posted:

Should I be holding onto all the 4 and 5 star things I am rolling, or just fusing them into my main monster?

Hold onto everything you get from the rare roll machine.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

DoubleWelp posted:

Hold onto everything you get from the rare roll machine.

That is what I figured, I have a lot of them but only two of them are on the list in the OP

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
The list in the op is basically only for anchors, there are plenty of monsters that fill niche needs but not many are generally useful.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Velveteen posted:

Different people have different opinions on certain monsters. I assume its mainly because we don't have most of the stuff on the list on NA yet. So without better alternatives, the ones on the lower section of the list gets bumped up. That list does mention why they placed the monster in certain ranks though. I'd much prefer that than a list of names like on the OP.

It only works for the individual card with the special. So its good to have a team of damage wall ignore on certain fights or null gravity on others.

Gravity wells are actually a handy thing if your team is full of Arthurs because it helps hold everyone together for blasting the gently caress out of the boss. :hellyeah:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I just started, pulled a Zeus. Lets do this.

If you live in a small town, are you boned for co-op?

Zotix fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 6, 2014

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Local Co-op probably, online co-op maybe depending on if the game likes your phone/internet connection

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope
Can you gift accounts if they've (I assume) already been tied to a google+ service? I only ask because I don't see myself playing this much longer, and my monsters aren't awful so they might be of use to somebody.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Rolled up a Harvey... then a Harvey X. Then made another roll with my first 5 and got Zeus. Who's generally a better leader (ie who should I focus on to level and evolve)? Should I be saving all the rest of my stones for when they release new monsters?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Zeus is much better than Harley X as a leader. Focus on Zeus. the only other unit that compares to him is Arthur.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Is there something you need to do to get orbs from co-op? I've played a ton of games with other goons and have gotten nine, and have even hosted a couple and gotten nothing from those either. Would be a bummer to miss out on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Silvergun1000 posted:

Is there something you need to do to get orbs from co-op? I've played a ton of games with other goons and have gotten nine, and have even hosted a couple and gotten nothing from those either. Would be a bummer to miss out on them.

the op posted:

(make sure to turn on push notifications)

although to be fair this is like the most commonly asked thing so

• Locked thread