Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
This is a pretty fun mobile game, the only one (also F2P based) that I've actually spent a decent amount of time with! Picked it up more so after the Holidays once I finally got Arthur and Columbia rolls (in addition to Valkyrie awhile ago), and since finishing single player and co-op missions been doing more event stuff and luck drake farming.

Game seems to have really died off a bit lately though, just as I got back into it from going in hard on Guilty Gear Xrd lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
They've got the Zeus/Arthur batch up so I decided to do a 10 pull, got two Harley X and some other assorted 4* garbage. Did a second 10 batch pull and the first egg out of it is Zeus :toot: and a Striker popped out too. Still had all my xp from the Christmas giveaway and a Divine sharl so Zeus went right to level 99. Don't have the stuff to dark ascend him yet though.

Running a main team of Arthur, Arthur, Zeus now. :getin:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, I don't actually play this game but I have been logging and getting stones. So I decided to spend all my stones to see if I got any of the monsters that have higher chances of appearing. So 4 ten-pulls and another three single pulls

Out of those forty three rolls, I got 5 5-star monsters. And none, NONE! of the featured gods.

Ahaha, what a loving ripoff.

Back to PAD.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 25, 2015

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously, the gatcha rates are soooo bad. I get why they do it (because the game is not varied or deep enough for you to require using more than a certain set of OP gods) but I at least it has prevented me from wasting time on it.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 25, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Right now they're doing a 5x rate up on Divine Sharls in the daily sharl dungeons. 8 runs later and zero divines to show for it. To date, I have never gotten a Divine Sharl through normal means. Both were obtained through the freebies given at 30(?) days of logins and the one you get for clearing a dungeon further in the game. Imagine if PAD made Mystic Masks and Dub Mythlits as rare as spirit jewels.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Speed clearing a Hard mode Sharl dungeon should not reward me with Stoans. :argh:

I haven't seen the Divine Sharl monster at all. I saw him once a few weeks ago, and that was it (and there wasn't a special event going on).

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
Maybe I'm just lucky, but after running some of the Hard sharl dungeons a bunch with other goons and randoms from other Line chats with a 60+ luck Fire Drake, I've gotten 6 divine sharls so far from this. I figure with how low the drop rates are, it's probably something like a 5% chance, so even a 5 times drop rate would only be 25% for a chest. Divine sharl monsters are pretty rare though.. I think I saw one a few times, and did manage to get a divine sharl at some point. Really I'd just say keep running the daily Sharl dungeons and you'll get some eventually.

Also got a Wildcat from the hatchery, and with a soon to ascend Queen Butterflight, I'll actually have some good 6 star months with good abilities for the harder dungeons. Only got Beezlebub from the new hatchery though and not Lucifer like I wanted, ugh. :argh:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just logged in after a couple of weeks off, and apparently they've implemented Rank Rewards now, effective retroactively. Pretty quick way to rack up 37 stones.

Also, just noticed that I've got around 15,000 Friend Points saved up. Have they done anything to improve the Friend Hatcher lately?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

trucutru posted:

Seriously, the gatcha rates are soooo bad. I get why they do it (because the game is not varied or deep enough for you to require using more than a certain set of OP gods) but I at least it has prevented me from wasting time on it.

You want as many of the same god if you want a good main with high luck, and you want presumably 99 luck.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Unless you are an insane whale you're going to get a max luck starter dragon because those can suffice for most farmed things (like sharls and Expies) unless they release a rare fodder that gives +1luck to anything when fed to it. If you manage to pull 2-3 Zeus/Arthur or other top-tier units you don't feed them to each other, you setup a team with them and only them as the units. I run Arthur/Arthur/Zeus and I'm still trying to get the annoying drops to ascend Zeus but eventually he'll be a dark Zeus and I have dark Zeus buddies. The end result is a 90k+ hp and atk team that will completely stomp the gently caress out of most things.

The best farmable thing you could max for luck is probably super striker jr but that also requires a ton of friend gacha luck on your pulls, as well as a ton of +stat fodder to burn on it.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
Man, gently caress Izanami. The impossible difficulty listing for it seems accurate, even with the idea teams for it (Napolean, Margarite, etc.)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I figured I'd give this game a shot, but I'm not really sure how the rerolling process works. I'm stopping the app and deleting the proper file through eS File Explorer, but everything's the same once I re-open the app. Am I missing something obvious?

Edit: I'm doing it the hard way for now. Is Lancelot X worth keeping? I also got Hunter King, who seems well-regarded. I think I'll keep these.

Edit 2: Wow, I keep moving up the tier list, just pulled a Verdandi.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 7, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

If you get a decent but not amazing roll you can just save the file on you PC using something like iFunbox and keep rolling, then go back to the previous file if you give up on getting something better.

And yeah the extreme dungeons are pretty bullshit. I haven't ascended Zeus yet because the dark wyrm or w/e you need (3 of?) for him has done upwards of 40-50k damage in a single turn and unless there's a gold heart on the board for you to reach you're probably toast.

Voliun
May 31, 2012
You want to know what else is a bunch of bull?

The REM

I could be unlucky but fuccck this.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
So far, Fire extreme dungeons are my big weakness. I've failed with Izanami in co-op, but also with Hydra and Fire Wymr. The latter 2 would have been good to have as ascension materials for Eclipse and Valkyrie respectively. Sigh.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I don't understand ascending. I'm trying to ascend Amaterasu with a 4 luck Thunderbird but it still says I have insufficient resources. I have plenty of sharls. The image of the Thunderbird is ghosted out if that matters. Does it have to be a max rank thunderbird,?

okkibun
Apr 5, 2011

Unperson_47 posted:

I don't understand ascending. I'm trying to ascend Amaterasu with a 4 luck Thunderbird but it still says I have insufficient resources. I have plenty of sharls. The image of the Thunderbird is ghosted out if that matters. Does it have to be a max rank thunderbird,?

It doesn't need to be max level.

You didn't lock your Thunderbird, did you? Locked monsters can't be used for ascensions.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
I managed to beat Izanami and Fire Wyrm lately! Got the drop for both as well, so I've ascended Valkyrie (finally), and have extra fire monsters.

So I should now be well prepared for whenever Kushinada (the grass god) comes out.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

rabbitsyndrome posted:

It doesn't need to be max level.

You didn't lock your Thunderbird, did you? Locked monsters can't be used for ascensions.

That was indeed the problem. Thanks a lot.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

I started playing today for the first time and got a good reroll. I backed up my files and played for a few hours.

I fused together two of the very beginner grassy types to see if a max level one would sell for any decent price, just seeing if they're useful and learning/testing the game mechanics, but the game seems to have glitched out/corrupted in the process. It gave me nothing and then a little while later i had two light element types that were just white and glowy in the picture. They sold for 32000 each but trying to sell them gave me an Error 43. A little while later they reverted back to the grassy types, but level 1 instead of level max, and trying to sell or fuse or do anything to them gives me an Error 43, so I'm stuck with them.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I just want to get rid of the two glitched monsters. I'd just start over from the backup but I did a bonus dungeon and got 300,000 gold worth of bonus selling type monsters, and I really don't want to lose that, even though it's not that much :sigh:

applebane
Jun 5, 2011

Jewel posted:

I started playing today for the first time and got a good reroll. I backed up my files and played for a few hours.

I fused together two of the very beginner grassy types to see if a max level one would sell for any decent price, just seeing if they're useful and learning/testing the game mechanics, but the game seems to have glitched out/corrupted in the process. It gave me nothing and then a little while later i had two light element types that were just white and glowy in the picture. They sold for 32000 each but trying to sell them gave me an Error 43. A little while later they reverted back to the grassy types, but level 1 instead of level max, and trying to sell or fuse or do anything to them gives me an Error 43, so I'm stuck with them.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I just want to get rid of the two glitched monsters. I'd just start over from the backup but I did a bonus dungeon and got 300,000 gold worth of bonus selling type monsters, and I really don't want to lose that, even though it's not that much :sigh:

the game gives you so much gold its not even funny, especially if you play the friday event im sitting on over 18 mil and i havent really been farming.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Some day the Dark Wyrm event will actually happen when I can log in to run it, clear it, and not get the drop needed to ascend my Zeus. :argh:

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
So is it basically impossible to play with pubbies early in the game? I keep trying to set up co-ops and I just get stuck watching three rows of "Seeking Strikers..." iOS, and yeah I have location services on.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Solkanar512 posted:

So is it basically impossible to play with pubbies early in the game? I keep trying to set up co-ops and I just get stuck watching three rows of "Seeking Strikers..." iOS, and yeah I have location services on.

I have personally never been able to get a pubbie game at all. I use the line app and try to set up games, or wait for them to pop, which, doesn't seem to be very frequent any more. But I bet there are some MS groups that are more active than the goon one on Line.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm tired of this game's terrible RNG so I blew all the stones I had on the Heroes Series Rare Hatcher. I now have a Kuroda Kanbei with 11 Luck. :ughh:

Game was kinda fun, I guess.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just got Margret to max level. I have no idea how her strike shot is suppose to work. Is it worth evolving her now or should i just wait for ascension?

Also, wtf is ascension? are there any guides on how to get the monsters required for ascension?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

OmanyteJackson posted:

I just got Margret to max level. I have no idea how her strike shot is suppose to work. Is it worth evolving her now or should i just wait for ascension?

Also, wtf is ascension? are there any guides on how to get the monsters required for ascension?
(Assuming Margarite)
Margarite(pre-evo) strike shot is to hit an enemy's weak point for some damage. It's pretty meh.
Evolving her makes boss enemies have 3 weak point which is very good, especially for lasers and pierce attacks, so yes, evolve her.

Her Ascension is also good but is a bit weaker in base attack power for a bit more speed and an X-Laser. Same shot though.

Either one is good, though the normal is preferred due to lower speed for easier positioning and higher attack power.

Ascension is somewhat similar to UEvos in pad, in that you need monsters instead of stones/whatever to evolve. Going from base to ascension costs more materials, but going from normal evo to ascension requires a max level monster. It's an even tradeoff because you still keep your levels after ascending. The materials for ascension can be found in the event dungeons and extreme event dungeons. The number at the bottom right of the monster at the ascension menu is what luck the monster needs to have, so 🍀4 means you need that monster with 4 luck. Basically, you need 4 of that monster and fuse it together. That's about it.

RE: The game
I've been having fun going super casual at it. I don't even log into line anymore because I was sick of getting updates about someone joining or posting to the homepage. I basically came at this game with a PaD mentality of soloing. As far as luck and RNG goes, it giveth and it taketh away. I've been able to roll both Napoleon and Margarite and ascended my Zeus. I've also sometimes gotten 2 event drops in one go or 2 divine sharls from a normal dungeon. It's a pretty okay game, if you go in with a real casual attitude, though joining a community would help those who want to really experience the game.

Guilty Pleasure: I like the MonstrikeDB vids on youtube because it's like pad videos except the people are always failing instead of bending the dungeon over their knee.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
One other quick thing to add about going from base to ascended is that you don't need to sacrifice any divine sharls to do that for 5 star base monsters. However, if you don't know when the events for your monsters are coming, and you need to use the evo as a substitute, then it can certainly be ok too, like with Queen Butterflight. And if you do want to go from an ascended to evolved form, you don't need a divine sharl either.

So depending on the monster you have and how good their evolution and ascended forms are, there are many things to consider.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
Does the Line group not work anymore?

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
Line group is mostly alive still. Not as active as in previous months though.

Yamato this weekend though!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zs6M-MQmEY

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So i just started this game. Are goons still active? Is the tier list in the op up to date?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
No at starter list being up to date (I stopped playing so I don't know what's the hot poo poo anymore)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Zeus and Arthur are likely still really good. I only play a little here and there and my team (2x Arthur and a Zeus) still runs over the stuff that isn't impossible difficulty.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Decided to try this with a friend since Brave Frontier is now too large for my lovely phone and FFRK didn't hold my interest. Any goons still playing?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I started playing this about a week ago, but the goon group seems to be dead.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Is the US version massively behind JP? The ball concept is fun but it needs a shitload of polish :/

Hard to believe this was (or still is?) beating PaD in sales there.

Y2J
Aug 18, 2000

The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah
We just cleaned out the goonstrike group of inactives. If you were in there and accidentally deleted please come back. The US is about 7 months behind JP, we are getting the 2104 x-mas stage now

The OP is out of date, do not believe that tier listing. Strikeshot.net is a good resource for those needing new tier information as well as extreme schedules. Any questions, come join us in the Line chatroom. New and old players welcome!

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Is it still almost impossible to participate without having a high tier monster / has the drop rate from the Monster Machine thing gotten any better? I tried playing around when it first came out and that was just a miserable experience. I just couldn't make any progress and I didn't know what I could even do to make any progress. I'd restart if re-rolling for a decent monster wont take more than a day or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I quit when I got Zeus and then proceeded to run the savage/bullshit levels for his ascend monsters only to find they are still rare even at the high difficulty level and gently caress it. If I want to slam my dick in a door I'll play PAD since that doesn't crash all the time like this does.

• Locked thread