Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Y2J
Aug 18, 2000

The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah
Yes, drop rates suck but we in the goonstrike room can bring some higher luck monster to help. The start of the game is a slog, coop really helps with keeping it fun and getting more drops

As for the hatcher, I found the new player hatcher has improved anecdotally. I ran some invites for the orb bonus, and 6/10 eggs were 5*. The regular hatcher..meh..if you get 2/10 5* in a 10 shot that's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
Can I get an invite into the goon group? Name in game is RennZero, friend ID is 285,143,515,831. Scanning the QR thing in the OP didn't seem to work...

Y2J
Aug 18, 2000

The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah
Renn ^ Attached is a new QR code to the line chat. There is no in game mail or chat system. It's all done via Line. See you in the chat room.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
Cool, thanks

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I just started this and it's fun. How often do they patch? Will it reach the size and depth of PAD? The change from Match 3 to the physics-based gameplay is a nice variety.

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
I know right? I was so sick of match 3 games.

They seem to add new monsters and do events fairly frequently. The one right now is a crazy hell-grind though, not really that into it.

Not sure if it will surpass PAD here but I've heard that it is doing better in Japan in terms of sales.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
In terms of leveling your monsters, its FAR easier, since you can avoid stamina usage by going through co op. However, its far more random and dependent on luck if you want to do well in the harder dungeons.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Also unless they fixed it there was a bug/trick/exploit where you could host a one-time stage in multiplayer and then after the game ended you just go back in to line and click your own link and it'd rehost the same 1 stamina level. Or maybe it only worked for me because this game is unstable as gently caress on a first gen iPad mini.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...

Evil Fluffy posted:

Also unless they fixed it there was a bug/trick/exploit where you could host a one-time stage in multiplayer and then after the game ended you just go back in to line and click your own link and it'd rehost the same 1 stamina level. Or maybe it only worked for me because this game is unstable as gently caress on a first gen iPad mini.

This is fixed, I just gave it a try. It says "you already ran that link".

Also much like PAD, there are some later levels (Chaotic Menagerie) that have pretty decent rank xp/stam normally, and they go 1/2 stamina cost on Friday, so if you don't have 60 stamina yet just chain run those to get yourself ready to host Impossible dungeons.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Y2J posted:

Renn ^ Attached is a new QR code to the line chat. There is no in game mail or chat system. It's all done via Line. See you in the chat room.

I'm told "This group does not allow invites via links or QR codes." when I use this. Is it defunct?

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
No, it's alive and more active now that we got other people in it. Gives me your Line ID, and I'll invite you to the group.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Krakhan posted:

No, it's alive and more active now that we got other people in it. Gives me your Line ID, and I'll invite you to the group.
Great, thanks, send it to "crashcat2"

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
There seems to be a lot of non-goons in goonstrike now. Went from as dead as this forum to suddenly I can't get into a match unless I click the link within 0.5 seconds of it being posted to the group. A lot of newbie players running into damage walls from there too...

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

LINE has really lovely group controls so I guess that's not surprising. It works well for a small group where you can trust everyone, but basically everyone has the keys so poo poo happens. On the other hand you get stickers :v:

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

Yeah I found goonstrike from a post on reddit. Maybe we need to make stairstrike :v:

I almost got Yamato this past week. I failed my SS pretty hard on the final boss screen, was very sad. Now I'll have to wait another month or two for him to roll around again :sigh:

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

Ah, excellent, someone deleted our entire group.

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
Eh, it was probably time for a little spring cleaning anyway. Anytime I tried posting a run in there I was getting newbies with non-maxed, non-evo'd units in my team.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dessert Rose posted:

Ah, excellent, someone deleted our entire group.
Line is such a wonderful program :allears:

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
Here's the new QR code for the Goonstrike group, since the one on the first post is no longer valid. :rip:

Not sure if the OP still even plays the game as well, so I may make a new thread with updated info and resources too. Maybe that one would become more active??

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I don't play anymore so go ahead and make a new thread

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Are any goons still playing this and is there a goon room open? The QR code doesn't seem to work.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
Goon room is still open, and active. Looks like the invites through QR codes weren't allowed, so I re-enabled it. Try again and it should work. Worse case, give me your Line ID and I can add you that way too.

Also I really need to make a new thread for this game. So much of the information on the first post is out of date by how much the game has progressed since it launched.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Invites through QR code still unable to join.
Please add me looking forward to striking with goons "10buxezeight".

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Are there any goons playing the JP version? I've been wanting to pick it back up, but without people to play with it's somewhat boring.
If I can't find an English community playing the JP version I might pick up the US version if that is still active enough.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Haven't played the JP version since I'm playing this on my 5s, but I just added the Goonstrike group with that QR code, seemed to work fine. Of course, I literally did that five minutes ago and it's the middle of the night so I haven't had a chance to see how active it is yet.

I got back into this a few weeks ago when they were doing the "pre-evolved" hatcher and the Hikoboshi/Orihime event. Managed to pull a Ryoma and a SST Tinker, and suddenly I can actually clear content again. Once I can actually get some Saitos and Tengus (gently caress the Tengu Extreme, seriously) I'll have three element-slayers ready to go, feels good.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Are people playing the JP client or the english one?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
http://us.monster-strike.com/news/important_co-op_overhaul.html

rip

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Lol I don't play this poo poo game but why'd they do that? I also read that after that patch, a bunch of JP players got banned for GPS spoofing to coop or something, what's up with that.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Oh it already took hold in Japan? I don't play the game anymore either lol

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

dragon enthusiast posted:

Oh it already took hold in Japan? I don't play the game anymore either lol

Apparently. It came up during a BBS conversation about people planning to spoof GPS for pad radar.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

I'd love to get my hands on meeting minutes from when it was decided to remove social co-op from this game. Even in Japan that was probably unpopular as hell and outside of Japan it effectively kills multiplayer.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
Oh hey this thread got ressurected.

Ya, I already vented to them about these changes in the LINE groups I'm in and on their forums. The gameplay is still awesome, but people have been spoofing in LINE groups since 5.0 in NA for the local coop chest reward anyways. Each update the game got progressively worse. Note that this local coop change from NA still isn't in the JP version. They don't dare touch their cash cow over there.

So ya, even though I got over 40 max lucks (3 impossibles too: Izanami, Kushinada and Tsukuyomi on main), I'm most likely going to quit the game unless I can get my account transferred to JP (which is still about a year ahead in content with collabs, tower of champions, etc) from the support e-mail I just wrote Mixi. Ya, a slim shot in hell, but can't hurt.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=EvxMvqrJUC4

lol

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

That sure was a use of money :raise:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

What did I just watch? :psyduck:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

It's still better than the first US-made(?) Brave Frontier commercial. Sorta.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I caught the tail end of this years Gaki No Tsukai 24 Hour No Laughing New Years Special being livestreamed. At the end I saw a cute commercial for Monster Strike with two crowds carrying huge inflated monster strike balls and running into each other. :3:

Then saw six consecutive commercials for Granblue Fantasy.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 30, 2016

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Better roll in Granblue Fantasy now cause you get 1 free Legfest 10pull every day for a week!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I tried looking up how to register aaand... i'll wait for the language patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

I used to play this game quite a bit, mostly because it had a quick tutorial so I could weather reroll hell. I never got a monster above A tier, supposedly. Units have shifted around since, I don't know what to make of it. Last run was with Mundus because there was an event I could spam quickly to ascend him. After that I got stuck with Odin and Kali and eventually gave up because they kept adding weird promos, dumb new interface, pay wall etc.

I finally see someone made a page for the game, so I give it a reinstall.

Zeus and Ryoma.

Haven't even spent a stone yet. What the gently caress.

• Locked thread