Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

LeeMajors posted:

Tiki Barber at UVA.

Oh, and John Bunting at UNC :laugh:

Mike London has beaten Florida State
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U6ckZHPppE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Michigan is never going to be good again (just like every other big ten team), but congratulations on maybe finding someone to lead you to the capital one bowl.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

R.D. Mangles posted:

Michigan is never going to be good again (just like every other big ten team), but congratulations on maybe finding someone to lead you to the capital one bowl.

Never Going Back (to the Rose Bowl)

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

R.D. Mangles posted:

I disagree, I think Michigan will be good once more when there is not a lummox head coach in charge of them.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

A college football team north of the Mason-Dixon line will never win another national championship.

e: maybe Oregon

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 1, 2014

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

And now the AD speculation begins:

quote:

Joe Schad Verified account ‏@schadjoe

Michigan has targeted Northwestern athletics director Jim Phillips as a candidate to succeed Dave Brandon.

Obviously this means that #1 coaching candidate is now Pat Fitzgerald. :smug:

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Bring back Rich Rod.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Panzeh posted:

Bring back Rich Rod.
No you can't have him back.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Maybe Michigan upsetting a traditional powerhouse today is just what it needs to get back on track.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

Maybe Michigan upsetting a traditional powerhouse today is just what it needs to get back on track.

They've accomplished something no SEC team could do. :smug:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am throwing in my hat to be Michigan's next AD.

I think my resume shows I fit all the qualifications of a Michigan man.

-white
-fat
-loud
-believes cameras steal my soul

I also think I have comparable experience with managing a major college athletic program with Brandon.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
You can have Mark Richt

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

You can have Mark Richt

Georgia is going to go to a dark, dark place once they fire Richt.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Bip Roberts posted:

Georgia is going to go to a dark, dark place once they fire Richt.

Charlie Strong sounds good to me

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Charlie Strong sounds good to me

I don't think Texas fans are that stupid yet.

You might get Kevin Sumlin for a song though.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Mark Richt is a Very Good Football Coach

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
If I had Mark Richt I would hold him tight and never let him go.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Well if Michigan wants to go back to "maybe sniffing a New Years bowl once every few years" they know who to call

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

computer parts posted:

I don't think Texas fans are that stupid yet.

Good god I hope not. Anyone calling for Strong's head before AT LEAST the midpoint of the 2016 season is not worth listening to. And things would have to be dire indeed for it to be reasonable then.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Well if Michigan wants to go back to "maybe sniffing a New Years bowl once every few years" they know who to call

Once every few years in this case being "almost literally every year"

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

MourningView posted:

Once every few years in this case being "almost literally every year"

Well, this year is iffy. We need to beat both Northwestern and Maryland to be bowl eligible. We might get one of them, but winning both is unlikely.

Getting a new coach who knows his rear end from a hole in the ground will probably fix the situation, however.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Deteriorata posted:

Well, this year is iffy. We need to beat both Northwestern and Maryland to be bowl eligible. We might get one of them, but winning both is unlikely.

Talking about Richt. Michigan is garbage.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Thread needs a theme song
http://youtu.be/1R9u2MRwiH0

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

MourningView posted:

Talking about Richt. Michigan is garbage.

I mean a game that matters. Nobody gives a poo poo about going to the Outback Bowl every year.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I mean a game that matters. Nobody gives a poo poo about going to the Outback Bowl every year.

There are starving teams in Ohio that would KILL to go to the Outback Bowl, sir

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I dunno, you said New Year's game. But whatever, they've gone to several BCS bowls too. Other than riding arguably the best player in college football history to a title before I was loving born what has Georgia ever done that makes you think they should be way above where Richt has had them for the majority of his time there?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I'd be very happy with Richt, ya kidding me?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Regnevelc posted:

I'd be very happy with Richt, ya kidding me?

Yeah, I'd take Richt in a heartbeat, but he's not a name that's come up anywhere in discussion of potential coaches, and I doubt sincerely that he's leaving Georgia any time soon.

I'm not sure why it's being discussed here and not in the coaching thread.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Deteriorata posted:

Yeah, I'd take Richt in a heartbeat, but he's not a name that's come up anywhere in discussion of potential coaches, and I doubt sincerely that he's leaving Georgia any time soon.

Because someone brought him up. I'm fairly sure the thread can survive the brief digression.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Deteriorata posted:

There are rumors in the VT fan base that Beamer is being forced out and Richt will be the replacement, but I haven't seen anything connecting him to Michigan.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Alouicious posted:

There are starving teams in Ohio that would KILL to go to the Outback Bowl, sir

Iowa (and I assume Big Ten) fans in general have a huge complex about "New Years" bowls, regardless of the fact that there are a bunch of them that have Big Ten tie ins, they're all treated like a giganticly big deal and any non New Years bowls are looked down on.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

Iowa (and I assume Big Ten) fans in general have a huge complex about "New Years" bowls, regardless of the fact that there are a bunch of them that have Big Ten tie ins, they're all treated like a giganticly big deal and any non New Years bowls are looked down on.

He literally said "new year's bowl" you doofus. I think it's silly to treat them all the same (although ISU fans getting pissy about it even though the Outback Bowl is in fact a bigger deal than, like, the Independence Bowl are equally silly), but that's how he decided to group them.

And you bring this up way more often than I have ever seen any Big Ten fan actually brag about it, so I'm not sure who the one with the complex is here.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 3, 2014

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

MourningView posted:

He literally said "new year's bowl" you doofus. I think it's silly to treat them all the same (although ISU fans getting pissy about it even though the Outback Bowl is in fact a bigger deal than, like, the Independence Bowl are equally silly), but that's how he decided to group them.

And you bring this up way more often than I have ever seen any Big Ten fan actually brag about it, so I'm not sure who the one with the complex is here.

Remember when all the best bowls were on New Years? Oh wait, they still are. The Rose Bowl is the only bowl that matters. :getin:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sorry it's been supplanted by the Famous Idaho Potato Humanitarian Bowl

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Honestly Georgia has underperformed for like 40 years, and is always the best 2 loss team in the nation.

This is just how it goes.

Although you could probably win the super bowl with UGA players in the NFL that underperformed in college.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
the Bitcoin Bowl is the king now fellas

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Groucho Marxist posted:

the Bitcoin Bowl is the king now fellas

This one's for all the fiat currency

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MourningView posted:

Is there anything Big Ten fans actually brag about? We're all pretty much eye-deep in self loathing.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Neodoomium posted:

Is there anything Big Ten fans actually brag about? We're all pretty much eye-deep in self loathing.

Stadium capacity obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sash! posted:

Stadium capacity obviously

Attendance at the Big House is a metaphor for the urban decay of Detroit.

• Locked thread