Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Thread needs a theme song
http://youtu.be/1R9u2MRwiH0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

That 24% other is just Brady Hoke again

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Regnevelc posted:

He won't be extended, but if they already whiffed on their top coaches they could announce another year.

I don't think it's gonna happen, but who the gently caress knows.

Terry Bowden did well at Akron

He also put on like 100 lbs :stare:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Bo only won 5 bowl games, right?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dabo is 3-3 in bowl games. Another year and he just may tie it up :)

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Basil Hayden posted:

This seems like it is not going to work out well for Michigan. Assuming both of these guys turn you down (which is not, I think, an unreasonable assumption), who are you going to be going after in early January?

Florida passed over Ehud for McElwain, Michigan would be the perfect place for 'hud to show them what they missed out on

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Brandon and Brady are my biffles

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Kim Jong Il posted:

What's more interesting than Paterno really is that Franklin is rubbing a lot of people the wrong way. BOB was basically run out of town and they're starting to have second thoughts.

....really? Why? Wasn't he pretty great?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Sash! posted:

Because he wasn't Paterno and wouldn't kowtow to the old guard at all. Anyone with a brain in his head would have wanted BOB to hang around because that guy could work, like, wizard magic. He got McGloin to the NFL!

Michigan's got its barrel of problems, Penn State's got its problems. How bad was it for Bama in the 80s? How did FSU get past Bowden with relatively light trouble? Is VT going to be a disaster when Beamer retires? How come we stopped joking about Beamer's neck-Kuato?

FSU had to have a Board of Trustees member fall on a sword to get enough going to kick Bobby out, but with a great amount of foresight also did it in such a way to put together a succession plan that also kicked out all potential post-Bowden trouble spots. We also had probably the most affable, charismatic, and patient of Saban's coaching tree as the hc in waiting.

A looooot of poo poo went right, to say the least

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I should also say, that the fans turned on Bowden in short order too, thanks in large part to a notion I often invoke with VT fans on here.

"(Bowden) hasn't 'earned the right' to waste the careers and trusts of the kids who depend on him"

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Detroit_Dogg posted:

" I am now getting some chatter"

lol, okay there Brian. Why don't you go back to punching kids at indoor soccer games.

Nice. Is it on worldstar?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

An ohio state buddy says Harbaugh's getting $8-9 million :stare:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

computer parts posted:

The rumor is $48 million, some thought it was for 6 years but it's likely for 8 instead.

Dare the aspire to heights higher than "Rose Bowl Participant"?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Thoguh posted:

Tell me more about how if you post every rumor that appears a few of them will be right.

This is actually me in the recruiting thread.

to be fair though I'd rather everyone share the rumors, even the somewhat silly ones. Even if they are dumb or mostly implausible, they do a good job of getting people to frame their priorities with what they want or expect from their admins, teams, or fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Thermos H Christ posted:

Where the men are old, the women are old, and the children are somehow also old

Garrison Keillor should be the color guy for big 10 football

• Locked thread