Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

LeeMajors posted:

Ty Willingham gives them an edge of diversity without having to resort to Photoshop.

:unsmigghh:

I'm told John L Smith once defeated Florida State, a landmark achievement only matched by uh Wake Forest and NC State?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

Michigan is never going to be good again (just like every other big ten team), but congratulations on maybe finding someone to lead you to the capital one bowl.

Never Going Back (to the Rose Bowl)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Groucho Marxist posted:

the Bitcoin Bowl is the king now fellas

This one's for all the fiat currency

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Has it been mentioned that members and alumni of the athletic department are calling the non athlete students at Michigan "muggles" because lol that is the most hilariously Michigan thing ever.

A Michigan Man appreciates fine YA literature.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

I would be a fan of TeamCatlab videos with Will Muschamp. I sure would.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

25% odds on Les Miles, huh

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

I feel like David Cutcliffe would at least have to consider it because as fun as it is to pretend that Michigan isn't a step up from Duke it kind of is

Sort of

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

He's younger than Riley who I'd imagine got a few decent offers back around 2006-08 or so, although I don't remember any of them specifically. Man I still don't understand what Nebraska was thinking.

Riley is, however, the most likable Nebraska coach of all time, so there's that

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

disheveled posted:

If you honestly think Michigan gave an offer to Cutcliffe, I don't know what to tell you. It's not even plausible.

"I dunno who's sipping the Kool-Aid here but it sure as gently caress isn't me"

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

If AsInHowe had any decent sources he's probably not the first person that those sources would be leaking stuff to

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

pillsburysoldier posted:

Nice. Is it on worldstar?

Distinct lack of :worldstar:, I hate this wonderbread rear end website

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Raku posted:

"boys" will be "boys"

boyahs

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Nick Saban will not be the next coach at Alabama.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

I think Michigan should get over its Bo obsession but Jim Harbaugh is still a really excellent coaching candidate who has strong ties to the university that just so happens to meet a bunch of arbitrary requirements from dumb fans

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Deteriorata posted:

Well, we'll know by 9 AM (perhaps noon Eastern if they meant 9 PST). This one is very specific, so it's either right or wrong tomorrow.

I'm not getting worked up about it. I'll just wait and see.

Ed: :lol:

So false alarm on Harbaugh reveal. I got suckered on that one.

That is a way better reveal

Also I doubt he takes another job while he's still under contract with the Niners

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

AsInHowe posted:

It's only breach of contract if he goes to another NFL team.

If he stops showing up and coaching the Niners for the last month of the season to recruit then that would be bad

It would also be bad if he was hired and then Michigan had to wait for the Niners to release him from his contract

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

AsInHowe posted:

Miami's owner is Michigan's biggest donor. He has already made it clear that he wants Harbaugh at Michigan, not Miami.

has he now

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Thermos H Christ posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and admit now that I will be jealous if Michigan successfully lands a massive splash hire by throwing all the moneys at him. I think Charlie Strong was the best coach for our particular situation who was legitimately on the market last year. I don't think he would have been on the market for most schools, and I applaud Steve Patterson for landing him (but basically nothing since then). I do think Art Briles was a real possibility, and I may still live to regret the day we let him slip through our fingers. Saban... I don't think Saban was ever seriously interested in us. I'm sure he heard us out, but even if there was some amount of money we could have thrown at him that would've eventually gotten him to relent, I don't think for a second he actually wanted to be here. I will also say that I wouldn't have expected the on-the-field product to be any better under Saban this year than it was under Strong, but I think recruiting would've immediately gone off the charts, which it hasn't.

If Michigan actually pulls this off... drat. I've still got my doubts of course, but it doesn't seem impossible. I suppose I have a soft spot for historical blueblood programs that are down and out. Except for ND because gently caress them always and forever.

As much as we all might make fun of Michigan for being silly bitches, they're the only college program that has a legitimate shot at Harbaugh. Even though the Texas job has a tooooon of perks at the highest tier of the college ranks, I don't think Harbaugh would take another college job unless it was one he had strong personal ties to and was willing to match or exceed an NFL salary.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

wheez the roux posted:

michigan blocking 48m on harbaugh would be loving hilarious because it's like they're so loving delusional they think they can ever be an alabama. it's the big 10. it's a poo poo conference and no coach will change that. even a harbaugh will not turn that dumpster fire around in 6 years, unless turning it around is evaluated as "making a bowl game"

Brady Hoke won 11 games his first year idk what you're on about

Like seriously it's a garbage conference so any half decent coach will tear it up

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Raku posted:

Terry Saban is looking for a house in Ann Arbor you guys

No for real he can make just as much money in the NFL and seems like he'd be much more interested in superbowls than winning the Big Ten.

He knows how important the Rose Bowl is, he can't turn his back on it

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

Well I mean of course we all want Bill Snyder to be our grandpa

I remember reading about something lovely Bill Snyder did one time but like most grandpa related things I have blocked it out and will not be able to process it until he is dead

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

We have always led recruiting in Eastasia

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

I feel like you all are discounting the fact that Brian at MGoBlog said done deal.

Done deal.

Gregg Easterbrook writes in his notebook, done deal.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Narduzzi to Pitt is probably about the best they could hope for, although the biggest splash was probably McElwain to UF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

AsInHowe posts are making my blood pressure rise

• Locked thread