Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I am conflicted. On the one hand I think it is stupid to make fun of how a fanbase chooses to enjoy their team.

On the other, I really enjoy it when people poke fun at Old Man D.

So do I join in on the pic-a-nic basket jokes or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

:toot:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan doesn't even play organ music at their hockey games! We've got a 90 piece band!

They play Kesha and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G6QDNC4jPs

Not surprisingly, Yost is the most fun building on campus.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Michigan is never going to be good again (just like every other big ten team), but congratulations on maybe finding someone to lead you to the capital one bowl.

I disagree, I think Michigan will be good once more when there is not a lummox head coach in charge of them.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MourningView posted:

He literally said "new year's bowl" you doofus. I think it's silly to treat them all the same (although ISU fans getting pissy about it even though the Outback Bowl is in fact a bigger deal than, like, the Independence Bowl are equally silly), but that's how he decided to group them.

And you bring this up way more often than I have ever seen any Big Ten fan actually brag about it, so I'm not sure who the one with the complex is here.

Is there anything Big Ten fans actually brag about? We're all pretty much eye-deep in self loathing.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Alouicious posted:

Northwestern fans threw the goalposts into a lake and chanted "We're the worst!" when they broke the record for most consecutive losses, they're cool by me

Yeah, this was pretty great.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Deteriorata posted:

It seems to have originated with the current players as something of an inside joke. Brandon got wind of it and began using it as a rallying cry to get the former players on his side and try to save his job.

It's all kind of dumb.

Vincent Smith of "That Clowney GIF" fame was on MGoBlog's board saying this exact thing the other day. Obviously there's going to be some bunker mentality but from what Smith was saying it was never meant to be derogatory when they started.

Kalli posted:

Hoke: You're a wizard Shaney.

Hoke, after leaving Morris in the game: "I should not have done that, I should NOT have done that."

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Everyone says that!

I like Bates but we'll see how this plays out. Schissel doesn't seem likely to coug this.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Fire this loving guy right now

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MourningView posted:

It's not like you went there or something dude, root for whoever the heck you want.

I went there but I'm also not donating to that stupid loving fund

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I want this loving rear end in a top hat fired. Tonight.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

C. Everett Koop posted:

N: https://twitter.com/easye_shonuff/status/539205917875916800

V: ahahahahahaha. Hahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

That's the MSU Wrestling Analyst for Big Ten. He has absolutely no sources.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

C. Everett Koop posted:

goddammit don't ruin this for me i wanna see tears of pure suffering

You might still get them.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

So like just as many sources as John Bacon currently has.

:twisted:

boom

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

go3 posted:

You mean Texas Defensive Guru Greg Robinson

img-stuffedwolverine-motivator.jpg

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

"delivered to" leads me to believe he gone and Sam is just hedging there to not look silly, but his source has been Fred Jackson over the years.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Detroit_Dogg was just on the somethingawful forums and he says Michigan will hire a candidate, he said he had many sources and they say it will definitely be a football coach.

Well you're in the business so you're as good a source as half the fuckin' yokels that claim they know anything

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Footballscoop, a site I have never heard of, is claiming Harbaugh is "not interested" and told Michigan so.

This got an actual response from MGoBlog's Brian Cook, who is claiming multiple sources have talked to Harbaugh and he has shown interest.

Keep the machine turning!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I want Charles Woodson on staff the second he retires.

His position can be "Charles Woodson." I don't care. He needs to be on the sideline and on the recruiting trail.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Lloyd still maintains an office in Schembechler Hall, does he not?

I mean, they've left Bo's office untouched since the day he died in there.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

LeeMajors posted:

You're....you're joking right?

Nope. His office, save for a few personal effects his wife came and retrieved, is still there. I assume someone dusts it.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The Hall contains the Football Dorms, is connected to the practice field, and also contains the Athletics Museum.

So I reckon so.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

LeeMajors posted:

I found a picture of the door. I hear when they opened it they found 100 mummified GAs in there.

BUT HARBAUGH ESCAPED. IS IT A SIGN?!

buy a subscription to rivals to find out (click here)

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MourningView posted:

He repeatedly reached the highest peak any Big Ten team dares to dream of: getting embarassed in the Rose Bowl.

Michigan: Most Wins Ever, Also Good At Losing to Southern Cal

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I like Bo. They can do whatever they want with his office as long as they bring in a non-lummox head coach and beat Ohio State

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

LeeMajors posted:

In actual coach-chat, do you guys see yourself going after a Schiano, or an Addazio to hold onto that run-first hard-nosed stuff, or do you anticipate a shift in offensive philosophy to go after someone that runs a spread or something?

I think I'm more intrigued by your coaching search than I was mine. So much at stake, really. As much as anyone, you guys are at a real crossroads. The wrong hire will probably keep you guys just a cockhair above .500 for the next 10-15.

Under no circumstances should Michigan consider, much less hire, Greg Schiano.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Color Commentator for Michigan Football Radio Broadcasts

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I hope Michigan is gauging the interest of many coaches, so as to not be caught with their dick in their hand AGAIN and end up with another Brady Hoke.

Obviously, unless Harbaugh comes out before the 28th and shoots the whole thing down publicly, we're all going to have to wait until then to see who Michigan goes with.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

1. Hungry Howie's
2. Little Caesar's

Enormous Chasm

Another Enormous Chasm

A Third Enormous Chasm

3. Any Pizza You Could Get At A Grocery Store Or Gas Station
4. Domino's

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The Cutcliffe story is funny, but Gil Brandt is an 81 year old man who hasn't had a connection to anyone or anything in 25 years.

Maybe the headhunting firm Michigan hired was told "no thanks" by Cutcliffe but that is not the same as "Michigan offered and he said no."

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Everyone I know who has played for or worked for Michigan has basically thrown their hands in the air and gone "I have no loving clue" but I'm glad AsInHowe has such great sources that literally nobody else does. Also I hope they're the same ones that told you Nussmeier was going to be the interim.

Just for my own curiosity, and also because you have taken the most glee from this coaching search, how extensive is your list of "everyone?"

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

And Friday, I'm in love.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

davecrazy posted:

Robert Smith to accept head coach position at Michigan.

gently caress yes. He can turn into a giant robot!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Preaching to the choir, Dogg!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Say what you will about Tony Clifton's coaching abilities but motherfucker holds a rad presser. Every time.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MourningView posted:

I shrug and maybe go get some frozen yogurt or something, I dunno.

gently caress all this other bullshit, WHAT FLAVOR. WE NEED TO KNOW.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Unless you're the idiot chief marketing officer, then you just say whatever dumb loving garbage comes to mind.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

No friend of Brandon will ever be invited to MY birthday party :colbert:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I dig that 1922 one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Trot_to_Trotsky posted:

If my alumni dollars carry any weight, I would like AsInHowe to be the next coach of Michigan.

Please pass this along to Schlissel. Thanks.

The alumni association hosed up my membership and I had two UMIDs for a while. It took like 5 phone calls to get them to scrap the extra one.

Cool sticker for my car though

• Locked thread