Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I'd be very happy with Richt, ya kidding me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
That's a fake account.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Even in our 3-8 season we crushed Minnesota.

So yeah, heads need to roll when you lose to Minnesota. Although had Hoke started Gardner, I do think Michigan would have won.

Tho we would be heading towards an 9-4/8-5 season, no 'concussion-gate' and Hoke/Brandon may have survived that.... and gross.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

haha, really? That game wasn't even close. Gardner has caught some bad luck, but he's also not very good and has lost to a lot of lovely teams.

It was close until the second half when Michigan's defense had been on the field for 90% of the first half since Morris couldn't sustain a drive.

Gardner came in and led them to a TD on his first drive.

It was 10-7 at half.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Deteriorata posted:

Yeah, the last time we had a corporate CEO with no experience as an AD pick the coach it worked out so well...

I hope they have a top-notch search committee and Hackett's only involvement is to rubber-stamp their choice. Otherwise I'd rather keep Hoke for a year and let the new AD replace him.

Yes, but at least Hackett hasn't publicly said that being a 'Michigan Man is the #1 requirement for this job.'

Hackett is going to be the full time AD I have a feeling.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

I don't know about that, as I recall, Michigan was pretty adamant about saying he was only an interim AD.

E: Then again, stranger things have happened.

They weren't completely adamant about it and he is making 600K.

There is no 'time-frame' for him to step-down. He will be interviewed for the process, I'm betting.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Karmalaa70 posted:

John U. Bacon (seems absurd to type his full name out but just saying Bacon is also weird) was on the radio Friday saying there was no chance it'd be an outside hire, so...yeah. Inbreeding is the name of the game at U-M.

It'd be the most Michigan thing ever to hire Les Miles now, 7 years too late and having let the program go to poo poo, all because he wasn't Lloyd Carr approved.

All of the insiders are confident on Jim Harbaugh, which is still laughable.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I'm so ashamed to be a Michigan fan. Jesus Christ.

Can I join someone else's bandwagon?

Please?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

AsInHowe posted:

According to some former Michigan players last night, it looks like it's going to be Harbaugh unless it collapses in an amazing way.

Like last time apparently?

Remember the whole 'deal is in hand' and then NOPE!

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Deteriorata posted:

This is what I have been fingers-crossed hoping for in the back of my mind. The way they've been dallying with the AD search and the general lack of concern about everything else means that either things are seriously hosed up in the administration or they already have a commitment from a top-notch coach and even Hackett couldn't screw it up.

Either case would be believable, unfortunately. I don't care if it's Harbaugh specifically as long as we get a known quantity. We've got to get a quality coach this time around.

Hackett is going to be full-time AD if Harbaugh comes.

Jack Harbaugh and Hackett know each other from way back when.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
It'll be Monday.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Apparently he doesn't have a buy out if he comes back to college, or so I've read.

I don't think it's Michigan specific.

That Michigan thing was rumored back when he was at Stanford too. It's bullshit.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

C. Everett Koop posted:

N: https://twitter.com/easye_shonuff/status/539205917875916800

V: ahahahahahaha. Hahahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Y'all notice the BTN stuff that used to be in his profile is now gone?

BTN acts quicker than Michigan.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

He was really lovely at Michigan and a lot of it was his own fault.

This is true, but Lloyd Carr put him immediately behind the 8ball and the AD didn't let him hire the full defensive staff he wanted.

I think the 3-3-5 could be successful in the Big Ten when not trying to make a 3-4 coach run it.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Yeah, I agree 100% with you on that.

I'm still amazed at how difficult Michigan made it for Rodriguez to succeed.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

They waited until January 1st to fire RR just to save $1m on his buyout. They would easily do the same to Hoke.

Depends on the situation. Everyone knew Rodriguez was out last time, while we all assume Hoke is out, we have no clue.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Neodoomium posted:

Footballscoop, a site I have never heard of, is claiming Harbaugh is "not interested" and told Michigan so.

This got an actual response from MGoBlog's Brian Cook, who is claiming multiple sources have talked to Harbaugh and he has shown interest.

Keep the machine turning!

I trust Brian over that other site.

Granted, I don't think Harbaugh is coming, but I think he is keeping his options open for leverage.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

He's not going to get extended ya dingus

He won't be extended, but if they already whiffed on their top coaches they could announce another year.

I don't think it's gonna happen, but who the gently caress knows.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Terry Bowden did well at Akron

He also put on like 100 lbs :stare:

Midwest Bro

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
A buddy of mine knows folks up in the Michigan AD and such and said that he just heard that Nuss will be named Interim Head Coach.

Looks like I'm about to find out how good his sources are.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Raku posted:

Does a team that's not going to a bowl need an interim head coach?

Dogg - What actions does the HC need to do when not going to a bowl game?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Thanks Dogg.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

AsInHowe posted:

Throw in promotional things for Mott, and he's in.

'Mott's Presents Charles Woodson's Defensive Backs Coach' Charles Woodson

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DJExile posted:

Lloyd Carr hasn't been a part of Michigan football for over 7 years now.

Ahahahahahahahaha, you couldn't be more wrong.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Bo only won 5 bowl games, right?

Yes, but the majority of his career only 1 team went to a Bowl from the Big Ten.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Nah, I was misinformed. My bad.

E: I could really give two shits about Bo. I just want them to field a winning team today.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Duke just said he wasn't contacted, so, there is that.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Henchman of Santa posted:

I missed if it came up yesterday but Funchess (unsurprisingly) declared for the draft, so the offensive cupboard is going to be even more bare for whoever comes in.

Nah, Funchess was invisible most of the season.

If we get a good O-line coach, then it'll pick up. Blocking has been atrocious.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Deteriorata posted:

What probably happened, if anything, was that the search consultants asked Cutcliffe's agent if he was interested and was told no.

Probably. He loves Duke.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

You're a good dude, I just don't like people spouting off when they clearly don't know any more than than anyone else. Could Jim Harbaugh become the next Michigan head coach? Yeah, poo poo could happen. But people lining up to try and be the first one to break the news is incredibly laughable.

ABOUT AS LAUGHABLE AS NOT BELIEVING!

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
The Chief Marketing Officer just said the dumbest thing possible.

quote:

* Univ. of Michigan CMO Hunter Lochman, on college athletes potentially being paid: “The athletes are there for four years. At Michigan, it’s the block M that has the infinity and power, not Denard Robinson. Those are fleeting, four-year relationships, but it’s the block M that’s been there for over 150 years.”

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2014/12/12/Intercollegiate-Forum/Gameday-Experience.aspx

What a tool bag, of all players to say that about, Denard is probably the last.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

AsInHowe posted:

Considering how great of a guy Denard is, and how universally beloved he is, this is going to be a fun day of crapping on an old Brandon hire.

Also, Michigan has had a whole bunch of different logos. http://hooverstreetrag.blogspot.com/2010/08/michigan-logos-primer.html 150 years, my rear end.

Oh yeah, twitter is already lighting into that guy.

Hutchinson commented about 'this is how Michigan views their alumni'. This will get interesting.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I love how pissed people are getting at ArtisHowe.

This is amazing.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Shock and Awe

Hackett likely told him he had two options.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
If the next coach Michigan brings in can develop talent, they will be extremely successful to start.

Michigan is loaded with talent that hasn't been developed yet.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Yesssss, Yesssss

The Mrs Harbaugh is looking for houses in Ann Arbor rumor started.

lol

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

lol

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
People getting mad in this thread at Howe and Det is making my day.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I mean, you do have the 4th most posts in this thread behind 3 Michigan fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Per Austin American Statesmen (da Fuq?) if Harbaugh comes to Michigan DJ Durkin will be coming as DC.

Yes please.

• Locked thread