Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol i'm sorry your football team is bad

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Michigan is never going to be good again (just like every other big ten team), but congratulations on maybe finding someone to lead you to the capital one bowl.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

A college football team north of the Mason-Dixon line will never win another national championship.

e: maybe Oregon

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 1, 2014

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

BigBoss posted:

If this were UAB, it would probably fit in the coaching thread. It's kind of a big deal to watch Michigan go from "consistently good" to "a baby could do a better job" in a period of like 3 years.

That's basically the story of the Big Ten in the last dozen years. Michigan is only remarkable because of the army of irritating Michigan Men who think that the Fall of Michigan is anything other than symptomatic of the complete irrelevance of midwestern football.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm literally embarrassed that my team lost to Michigan.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I heard Bill Belichick is really interested. I know he's not a Michigan Man, but he's going to take Brady as his QB coach.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

LSU might offer money, championships, and fame, but does it offer to be head coach of Michigan Football, by default the moral arbiter of the United States?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

BigBoss posted:

At this exact moment, Michigan isn't competing for a national title. That doesn't mean it can't.

lol Michigan is in the Big Ten, literally

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Feces Starship posted:

"Clearly, no Big Ten team could ever ascend to greatness," the not-Baylor not-TCU fan laughed haughtily.

No Big Ten team will ever win another national championship.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Trestman to Michigan

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I don't know if it would be funnier if this is all bullshit and Harbaugh doesn't coach there or if he coaches there and doesn't win anything because Michigan is in the Big Ten.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DONE DEAL 9AM TUESDAY

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Trot_to_Trotsky posted:

If that turns out to be true, it will be the first time in coaching search history that "My buddy is a real estate agent and has it on good authority that so-and-so is looking for real estate near [insert college town here]!!!" was a real thing.

Did someone in those threads actually say something outside of wild, baseless speculation and rumor mongering?

lol this is the internet

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Gonz posted:

Jim Harbaugh gonna go get that money and buy a gold swimming pool full of ancient persian rubies.

He's going to buy titanium jaws teeth so he can clench his jaw harder than a jaw has ever been clenched.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

loving lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It's a done deal.

How many letters in Harbaugh? Eight. How many in Michigan? Eight.

Michigan is shaped like a left-handed mitten. Harbaugh threw right-handed leaving his left available to wear...you guessed it, a mitten.

Nostradamus wrote "The cities of Tours, Orleans, Blois, Angers, Reims and Nantes are troubled by sudden change." Those cities probably can stand in for The Ohio State, Bloomington, Ann Arbor, Rutgers, and Nebraska

Ann Arbor can be rearranged to spell "Baron Ran," which is what Harbaugh plans to call himself when he coaches Michigan.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm invested in Oakland hiring Harbaugh only because that would make this the funniest thread in TFF.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

rear end in a top hat Team Lands rear end in a top hat Coach

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm glad they made this decision soon as I feared an extended search would destabilize the U.S. economy and have dire effects on foreign relations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Reading and posting in the Michigan Man Michigan Thread and then being upset about Michigan Posting seems to be like going to a Gwar concert and then being angry about being covered in fake bodily fluids.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Michigan: still literally in the Big Ten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Linguica posted:

Another upside of the Harbaugh hire: renewed fonts of raw seething Michigan hatred

lol at anyone who stopped despising michigan just because they were bad

I'm really pissed my team was too lovely to loving beat Brady Goddamn Hoke because Harbaugh is going to completely annihilate us every time we play them and then he and Fitz are going to have a Dumb Sideline Gestures dance-off.

• Locked thread