Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Maybe Michigan upsetting a traditional powerhouse today is just what it needs to get back on track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

You can have Mark Richt

Georgia is going to go to a dark, dark place once they fire Richt.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Clearly a man as absurdly intense and Harbaugh is going to take a voluntary demotion.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I wonder if they could get Tom Brady to coach Michigan, like for 2015.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

disheveled posted:

Please explain why Oakland, Miami, and Chicago are bad jobs.

I think Oakland is probably the worst NFL job whether or not there's a "bad" NFL head coaching job.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

HarlanHell posted:

Prediction. Jim will lead the Wolverines to an unbeaten season, but gets fired during his first OSU Michigan game when he punches a player Woody Hayes style.

What if he punched Brutus?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Gonz posted:

NORAD is tracking James Joseph Harbaugh, folks.

Fighters are being scrambled.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

uncle wrinkles posted:

EDIT: He'll probably have a recruiting scandal by uhhh August :rolleyes: Serves Deteriorata personally right for linking news articles about Lloyd Carr wanting Harbaugh and a local news interview where the guy says they'll pursue Harbaugh and then after that uh getting mildly excited at the prospect of Harbaugh and um daring to tell Detroit Dogg to cool his jets and uh whatever I hope your loving balls fall off for making GBS threads up this thread Deteriorata you piece of subhuman gently caress

Well then he can Pete Carroll himself back to the NFL in 4 years and leave Michigan with the death penalty or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Feces Starship posted:

He says this is a homecoming, and it feels like one. He's talking to his wife, to his brother in the front rows of the press conference. He's telling stories and remembering. He's talking to his dad. He's talking about the way that they used to save money to buy a Michigan sweatshirt from Moe's. He remembers running through Ann Arbor as a kid when the city was shut down by a blizzard. He remembered it feeling private, like it belonged to him.

It reminded me of being very very small and growing up here. I remember the fuzz of the radio driving in my dad's Plymouth Reliant as a broadcast from the Big House crackled through the speakers. It reminded me of seeing a bolt of dark blue shooting up from the top of a stocking hanging above the fireplace as I ran down the stairs and KNOWING that I got just what I wanted. It's about a public experience being made private and, at once, something deeply personal being shared with a whole community.

It reminded me of talking with my wife about Michigan. It reminded me of talking with my dad.

Jimbo is gonna look up a grade school friend and beat the poo poo out of him for lunch money again.

• Locked thread