Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korthal
May 26, 2011

The software I mean. It decides to download updates only when it feels like it, it's horribly slow, it has to be forced closed whenever you shut your computer down, the ingame overlay is laggy, the list just goes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
steam is the reason why modern pc gaming owns the most

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

works fine for me

halloween sale is bad though

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It could be better but it could be a whole hell of a lot worse.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

was it only me that saw Alien: Isolation on the sale list at no discount, but now it's removed? lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I hate how it automatically stops downloading updates when a game is opened, but aside from that there haven't been any problems like the ones you have OP. Maybe your computer is a steaming pile of poo poo.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I hate how it automatically stops downloading updates when a game is opened, but aside from that there haven't been any problems like the ones you have OP. Maybe your computer is a steaming pile of poo poo.

:eng101:
You can set it to not do that.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

literally cant stop watching that samus butt

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

works fine for me

I was kind of excited to see that murdered detective game go 75% off, but it's still normally $50 somehow and $12.50 still seems like too much

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

works fine for me

I dunno, gonna buy costume quest 2 and a bag of assorted candy and have a nice Halloween.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

lmfao i am loving retarded. i'm not used to the new steam look so I just looked at the first page of the sale

i own too many loving games. not much to pick from. but i recommend vampire the masquerade: bloodlines (vampires + ghosts), STALKER, preferably both (spooky russians and mutants) and system shock 2 (loving buy it and play it now)

Bolverkur fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 30, 2014

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Baller, Fallout 2 is on sale.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

hm. i know i said i wasn't going to get crypt of the necrodancer when it's still in early access, but some good imps have been praising it and it's on sale for less than 10 bux. thinking of pulling the trigger here.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
steam is actually cool and good and brings the gaming to you

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

*claps twice* bring forth the gaming!

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I just went to verify the cache of a game and steam still locks the interface while it's doing it.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Welcome to imp zone steam

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
no castlevania games on sale

what is this poo poo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Cyra posted:

no castlevania games on sale

what is this poo poo

all three castlevania games on steam are Absolute Dogshit.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I bought Ghost Master for one dollarino. Haven't played that game in ages, look forward to seeing how it holds up. Could never get past the loving ship level. This brings my game count to 255. I don't think I'm allowed to buy any more games.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
I somewhat agree OP, if given the choice I will buy my games on GOG.

However I think Steam pretty much saved PC gaming and it's a lot better than the leading digital distribution store could have been.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Steam Curators > the imp zone

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bolverkur posted:

works fine for me

devil may cry 3: special edition for 4.99!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
lol at the lack of an actual sale page, it's just the game list. this is the best steam sale.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
can we dig up posts about how bad steam is / will be when it first launched

pretend i did that

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

can we dig up posts about how bad steam is / will be when it first launched

pretend i did that

it was actually very bad at first though

whats funny are the people in 2014 AD who are still repeating those posts

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
steam is the great enabler

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

it was actually very bad at first though

whats funny are the people in 2014 AD who are still repeating those posts

it's really funny when you look up that discussion for games that require a steam installation

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i enjoy steam and the products it provides

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

lol at the lack of an actual sale page, it's just the game list. this is the best steam sale.

NEW STEAM DISCOVERY LAYOUT!

Begin exploring..

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
Steam the application does kinda suck, but it's been getting better over time.

I really like steam the service, but I tend to buy a lot of games and never play them. :shrug:

mmmm
Jul 26, 2010

hey
you're one of them fancy lads, ain't ya?

Bolverkur posted:

I bought Ghost Master for one dollarino. Haven't played that game in ages, look forward to seeing how it holds up. Could never get past the loving ship level. This brings my game count to 255. I don't think I'm allowed to buy any more games.

it'd be pointless anyway, your game count would just roll back to 0

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
condemned is on sale, if you don't have it loving buy it because it's the best horror game/hobo murder simulator ever

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
i can finally press the back button and have it put me on the page i was last on without having to scroll through all the pages of games again. only took them, what, 10 years to implement what my psp web browser could do in 2004?

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Korthal posted:

The software I mean. It decides to download updates only when it feels like it, it's horribly slow, it has to be forced closed whenever you shut your computer down, the ingame overlay is laggy, the list just goes on.

I have absolutely none of these issues. I think it's you, op, who is a steaming pile of poo poo

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
steam is great and I will buy condemned again. that was a cool game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Leadthumb posted:

• Locked thread