Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will choke away the Super Bowl this year
Dubs
human being Guy
Dave
Havoc
Waah
Yuzenn
I'm gay
the CPU
View Results

• Locked thread
Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Something weird is going on because I'm not the coach of the Seahwaks anymore. Just logged in and I'm locked out of every activity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Rad Valtar posted:

Something weird is going on because I'm not the coach of the Seahwaks anymore. Just logged in and I'm locked out of every activity.

You get fired? In coach mode the CPU owners can fire the coach.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

davecrazy posted:

You get fired? In coach mode the CPU owners can fire the coach.

Where would it tell me that? Plus the computer released a ton of my players, great.

Yep they fired me and hired Chuck Pagano.

Not sure what to do here.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 21, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Go to transactions in the league tab.

Owners firing probably should of been turned off, blame the commissioner for that one.

Did you log in during the playoffs? It would of given you job offers in between the playoff games.

Best solution I can think of is to retire your current character, make a new one, and take back over the team.

The commissioner can forgive salary cap, but I don't know if you can exceed it in coach mode. I vote we let you resign the guys you want and give you cap amnesty.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

davecrazy posted:

Go to transactions in the league tab.

Owners firing probably should of been turned off, blame the commissioner for that one.

Did you log in during the playoffs? It would of given you job offers in between the playoff games.

Best solution I can think of is to retire your current character, make a new one, and take back over the team.

I made the playoffs at 11-5 and lost to Dubious. I had an offer from the Niners. I guess ill retire and take back the team but drat they released like 6 or so players.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

CPU Paul Allen is a son of a bitch.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Thanks to the cpu I now have 70 mil in cap space and a bunch of holes to fill.

Right now I have 2 WR and one of them I'm trading to Dubious.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 21, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Madden even fucks you in the offseason. I don't think we anticipated getting canned after making the playoffs.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Looks like I have to wait for Free Agency to put guys on the trading block. At least now I get to make it my own team with all the players I'm going to be picking up.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

So when we drafting, Monday night?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

davecrazy posted:

So when we drafting, Monday night?

That works for me I have the whole day off. If people cant I wont be able to until Thursday.

People need to get their resigning done so we can hit free agency I have a ton of stuff to do since the computer screwed my team.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 21, 2015

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

The CPU franchised three FBs, 2 Ps and a K.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

The commissioner can forgive salary cap, but I don't know if you can exceed it in coach mode. I vote we let you resign the guys you want and give you cap amnesty.

Thats been broken since M13 dawg. Doesnt do anything.

And if we cant draft tomorrow its gonn be tuesday again. Im busy mondays.

PS the free agent pool will suck rear end again. And valtar keep jeffery, i groomed a 6'4" guy in the second half of the season. I do have a spare kenny stills i can trade you, hes pretty decent as a #2 or slot guy.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 21, 2015

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm not worried about WR I can sign some I was just hoping to still get RG3.

The guys that got released are not major starters, most of them were old guys. It just killed my depth at some positions. I think the highest rated was 82.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 21, 2015

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I resigned my guys. Next year resigning is going to be ridiculous.

Ah, our top picks get 2 more years. I'll still have Pryor, Joeckel, Sio, and Butler to deal with next year though.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 21, 2015

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
The only way Tuesday works for me is late night because I won't be home until 1030 at the earliest. Wednesday I could do 930 or 10 and Thursday 9 pm.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
tuesday is all i can do until friday.

honestly best case is tomorrow early in the day.

FA will only be depth guys because no one is cap crunched to have to cut guys, everyone has 60mm

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Better start advancing then.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I can do tomorrow if we start by 2 pm. I'm about to leave in 30 min for the night so my off-season is pretty much screwed if you do off-season all today.

E: Let me get a hold of some coworkers and see if I can move some stuff around to free up Tuesday night if that works for everyone.

E: yes I need depth but the CPU got rid of my starting LE, LOLB, MLB, CB, FB and I need 4 WR so free agency is kind of crutial for me. Also I need to place Luck up for trade.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Mar 21, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
piper needs to resign dudes. im gonna be gone most of the day and dont really give a poo poo if i sign FA, so dave feel free to push us through it. I'll get in on whatever phase we hit tonight.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dubious posted:

piper needs to resign dudes. im gonna be gone most of the day and dont really give a poo poo if i sign FA, so dave feel free to push us through it. I'll get in on whatever phase we hit tonight.

Piper is on vacation. He's at the mercy of the cpu.

:siren: FA Stage 1 :siren:

96 OVR Derek Carr is the star of FA I guess.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 21, 2015

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
So we're not drafting Tuesday then and powering through? My team is going to be poo poo. Are we still trading Dubious?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Rad Valtar posted:

So we're not drafting Tuesday then and powering through? My team is going to be poo poo. Are we still trading Dubious?

Yes offer me something for RG3. Kenny Stills is available as well. I'd probably even do RG3 and Stills for Luck and some poo poo pick.

We typically power through FA in this league because the FA class sucks a whole pile of dick, so grab the depth you need and hope to hit in the draft.

i might even jump to the AFC for the hell of it for something different /shrug

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Looking at the FA class in the web app, and yeeeeep it's still trash. Great if you want some old guards and a shitload of fullbacks.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Yeah all these dudes are ancient or mediocre.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Will the computer sign guys for me since they cut a bunch of starters?

Dubious I'll do that trade for Griffen if you want to flip Luck. If your going to switch teams then I guess you dont care that much. I'm sure you could flip Luck for a bunch of picks.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
Oh poo poo I did not mean to not sign Carr. I was hoping to trade him for a top pick and get a QB with an arm

E: poo poo I lost like 5 starters

Bonham fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 22, 2015

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Bonham posted:

Oh poo poo I did not mean to not sign Carr. I was hoping to trade him for a top pick and get a QB with an arm
Doing a sign & trade with a QB in the 90's would have really hurt your cap anyways

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
So is it cool if I try to trade up with the CPU? Not sure what the rules are on that

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Sign and traded don't really work. You can trade up with the CPU just don't abuse the draft logic and wind up with picks 1-5 or something extra stupid like that.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Read the rules fools signing and trading is both bad and will gently caress your cap up. Some guy did that last year and it ended horribly.

Fwiw im going to start luck after my rg3 trade

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
Also will there be another chance to scout before the draft?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Dubious posted:

Read the rules fools signing and trading is both bad and will gently caress your cap up. Some guy did that last year and it ended horribly.

Fwiw im going to start luck after my rg3 trade

If you want we can just do a straight up trade for the two.

Also is the plan to draft tomorrow? If so I'd like to start by 2 est so I have time before work.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Bonham posted:

Also will there be another chance to scout before the draft?

Yes, you get two more scouting opportunities off-season week 3 and 4.

Holy poo poo 23 teams have bid on Carr.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 22, 2015

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Man this FA class really does suck, I've only put in 2 offers for backups.

and poo poo, I don't even remember trading away my picks but I guess I did. No pick til #58

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Yeah I only have one bid out and its for the guy who was my starting MLB. He was a rookie UDFA on a one year deal.

e: Rad, post when you have your round one offers set, I want to advance.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 22, 2015

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Can you guys hold off advancing I week 3 I'll be home in about 45 minutes and need to get some offers out.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Yeah that's fine.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I did all my offers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Trying to sign players from my tablet was an exercise in futility. Can I get set to Auto so I can hopefully get some CPU offers out?

• Locked thread