Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Yeah, this sure made pyf a better place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Serious question - what were you expecting would happen? I mean, it's "Post Your Favorite". So someone makes a "PYF kittens" thread, or a "PYF retards to mock" thread, and since people like kittens and mocking retards those threads get a gazillion posts and keeps chugging along for years, since people won't suddenly stop liking kittens and mocking retards. Meanwhile, the "PYF can of tuna" thread gets four responses, two of them being only the word "same", and then promptly falls off the first page because no-one gives a poo poo.
If posting stuff you like in the post-stuff-you-like thread is "coldly compiling lists", I dunno, disband PYF and then ban anyone who makes a "I like kittens" thread in GBS or BYOB or whatever.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

Fun Shoe
It seems to have become something of a SA tradition. Every two months or so, some admin or mod gets an aneurysm, goes "I don't like [thread/subforum], it should be more like fyad", and in floods the people who have pried the shift keys from their keyboards, emptyquoting "lol anime" at each other for eternity in some kind of hosed up ouroboros.

• Locked thread