Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

this game is fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i beat the plot in 20 hrs but i might keep playign to see what the high lvl stuff looks like/maybe buy the dlc once im done with smt iv.. i rly like the funny chars in it + amanos design.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

i beat the plot in 20 hrs but i might keep playign to see what the high lvl stuff looks like/maybe buy the dlc once im done with smt iv.. i rly like the funny chars in it + amanos design.

i should go on with the plot but im trying to grind poo poo in order to beat those crown monsters and get hero rank on all my jobs....

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

also trying to get money to buy all the holiday homes #winning

bukkits
Mar 7, 2013

:regd08:
So what are the quality ranks for potions? Is it just the normal rank and then Superior? I haven't managed to get higher, but I have Top Quality charms, and so I suspect that if items have 3 or 4 ranks, potions have got to have more than two.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

bukkits posted:

So what are the quality ranks for potions? Is it just the normal rank and then Superior? I haven't managed to get higher, but I have Top Quality charms, and so I suspect that if items have 3 or 4 ranks, potions have got to have more than two.

yeah consumables just get the two ranks.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
do Life Bonuses (the stats) apply all the time or just while that life is active?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
i want to buy it.. might buy it today

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I think it's just when the life is active

also i went on the reddit for this game yesterday to see if there is any cool things i am missing and people there are already lvl 100+ wtf

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I bought it just last night and it's loving great but I can tell already this game is going to suck up far too much time.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

A Spider Covets posted:

I think it's just when the life is active

also i went on the reddit for this game yesterday to see if there is any cool things i am missing and people there are already lvl 100+ wtf

they might be from the uk.

homebrand
Oct 1, 2011
That subreddit told me that hunter armor is made in by tailoring and that is not true. I can now quit the old lady sewing circle.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

homebrand posted:

That subreddit told me that hunter armor is made in by tailoring and that is not true. I can now quit the old lady sewing circle.

you can make a shark hat though.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

i really like this game but it would be way better if you could just switch lives without having to go back to the guild first

bukkits
Mar 7, 2013

chaosbreather posted:

i really like this game but it would be way better if you could just switch lives without having to go back to the guild first

I kind of enjoy not being able to switch on the fly. It encourages me to really dig into a Life

homebrand
Oct 1, 2011
Apparently I've been making this game harder than it is by sleeping.

homebrand
Oct 1, 2011
This is like a single player mmo and I love it. Gotta fight all the dinosaurs.

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

I was sick last week and put 50 hours on this... I still only got max lvl in like 3 lifes.

If you found the grind of dark cloud 1/2 bearable, you will love this game. Ppl are comparing it to animal crossing or harvest moon, but imo it reminds me more of dark cloud with no city building and waaaaaay better crafting.

My advice: just rush through the story missions right away then go back and play at ur own pace. That way you unlock all the areas asap. You don't even have to fight anything, plus the story itself is stupid as hell.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Inflammatory posted:

they might be from the uk.

oh, durp

what is the point of sleeping in this game anyways? i spammed A through most of the dialogue in the beginning of the game.

homebrand
Oct 1, 2011
I don't think there is any fatigue system at all. Sometimes you need to sleep for story reasons but other than that it seems like your bed is a light switch for the world. Sleep=on, rest=off.

I guess I was just automatically role-playing for a while.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

A Spider Covets posted:

oh, durp

what is the point of sleeping in this game anyways? i spammed A through most of the dialogue in the beginning of the game.

some enemies only show up during day or night. also laura and olivia only wear their good outfits at night.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Should i buy this.. Im thinking im gonna buy this, lay down 50 bones and then buy the dlc on top of it.. Really im just looking for people to tell me how good it is and that im making a good decision with my money

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
if you're not into gathering and crafting poo poo you're not gonna like it. if you are though, it's really good.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Like King Erik, our time together was short but pleasant.

Game owns

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'm like 30 hours in . beat the story but haven't touched the DLC. i've only mastered hunter andnow feel kinda lost, but hopeful for the future.

if you're onthe fence, there's a gang of cats who work with the fishermen in the game, and they call themselves "the bean toe squad"

bukkits
Mar 7, 2013

BKPR posted:

i'm like 30 hours in . beat the story but haven't touched the DLC. i've only mastered hunter andnow feel kinda lost, but hopeful for the future.

if you're onthe fence, there's a gang of cats who work with the fishermen in the game, and they call themselves "the bean toe squad"

Apparently DLC is recommended for level 50+. I'm probably just slow but I'm almost to 30 hours and I'm not even at level 30

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

beat the story and its friggin adorable, i got to level 44. :3: now i just have to master all the gathering lifes, egh.

amazingly, the manor house in castele is only 30k, for those of you who've seen how expensive the holiday homes are

bean toe squad are my homies

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

i play this game in about 30 minute pieces and since i don't remember what the gently caress i was doing i generally just shoot arrows at stuff and make money.

it's a pretty game to do it in at least.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

A Spider Covets posted:

now i just have to master all the gathering lifes, egh.

miner and woodcutter are really fun, haven't done fishing yet

the only life that has been not fun so far has been carpenter

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

im a tailor i make clothjing

homebrand
Oct 1, 2011
The gathering lives are all good but fishing could probably be its own game. The bean toe squad could have a spin-off. :3:

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Ive had the game for like 3 days now and im still stuck on character creation, cant make one that i like. Heres a few i made recently

Cant choose anything to stick with though, cause ill make something and come back to it an hour later and ill hate it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Ive had the game for like 3 days now and im still stuck on character creation, cant make one that i like. Heres a few i made recently

Cant choose anything to stick with though, cause ill make something and come back to it an hour later and ill hate it.

u can change your hair + class in the game. you cant change your face though so pick an epic one

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
yea i knew about the hairstyle and life changing but i dont want to get stuck with a face that i dont like.. i heard u can change it after you beat the game if you have the dlc though

bukkits
Mar 7, 2013

bonzibuddy64 posted:

yea i knew about the hairstyle and life changing but i dont want to get stuck with a face that i dont like.. i heard u can change it after you beat the game if you have the dlc though

And there's multiple save slots.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
hopefully ill create a character soon

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

i just put a big rear end beard on my guy so you can only see his cold, dead eyes.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
there is only two beard options and they are both tiny

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

bonzibuddy64 posted:

there is only two beard options and they are both tiny

i think there is a giant mustache or something all i know is i have one hairy motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Started playin'.. Felt good to craft my mercenary a full set of armor

• Locked thread