Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How fuckin slick is Israel's game, son!?
This poll is closed.
So slick 37 14.74%
Slicker than Rick 65 25.90%
Like the wettest poonanny 149 59.36%
Total: 251 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, god drat. PAL obviously doesn't want to party with IDF when IDF breaks into their house and kills their family members every other weekend.

IDF ob feels PAL respawn rates are set too high with their current tech tier. Really PAL should download the "GamersGate GenderSim" skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, god drat. PAL obviously doesn't want to party with IDF when IDF breaks into their house and kills their family members every other weekend.

Really, it would be a good way to get in.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Atrocious Joe posted:

How do we know when one of these starts? Is there an official announcement or is it like a recession where a couple months in everyone realizes what is happening?

It's weird because it is kinda both. Any random Pally can say "hey bitches, intifada at Schlomo's Saturday night" but you don't know whether one is happening until you look at the damage Sunday morning and get some frat guys in to assess exactly how dead Schlomo is when his folks get home that afternoon.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

My Imaginary GF posted:

IDF ob feels PAL respawn rates are set too high with their current tech tier. Really PAL should download the "GamersGate GenderSim" skin

A dying freedom fighter grabs at the collar of his Israeli killer with his last breath he yells, "It's about ethics in video game journalism."

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

drilldo squirt posted:

A dying freedom fighter grabs at the collar of his Israeli killer with his last breath he yells, "It's about ethics in video game journalism."

I wish I could empty quote this

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
LOL at IDF's "diplomacy game". IDF doesn't get in any party where US isn't invited and doesn't pay for IDF. It's basically IDF yelling obscenities at everyone when nobody likes them and things don't go their way (which these days is always) and everyone else wondering why the gently caress US insisted on dragging that weirdo with them and anyone not in US's team being happy as gently caress that they don't have to deal with the monumental rear end in a top hat.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Nov 6, 2014

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

DarkCrawler posted:

LOL at IDF's "diplomacy game". IDF doesn't get in any party where US isn't invited and doesn't pay for IDF. It's basically IDF yelling obscenities at everyone when nobody likes them and things don't go their way (which these days is always) and everyone else wondering why the gently caress US insisted on dragging that weirdo with them and anyone not in US's team being happy as gently caress that they don't have to deal with the monumental rear end in a top hat.

their trash-talk is pretty decent though

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Triple A posted:

Is it? I mean it's been the same insult for how many goddamn years, I don't know. They really need to get some new material.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

DarkCrawler posted:

It's not just yelling obscenities man, have you even seen what a house looks like after IDF's been there? poo poo on the floor, on couches, on tables, everywhere. Bottles of of piss everywhere too. Those guys just seem compelled to leave their excrement everywhere they go like a dog that hasn't been housebroken yet. It's really creepy and disgusting. Who the hell would want to go to a party with those guys?

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

drilldo squirt posted:

I hear you brother.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Genpei Turtle posted:

It's not just yelling obscenities man, have you even seen what a house looks like after IDF's been there? poo poo on the floor, on couches, on tables, everywhere. Bottles of of piss everywhere too. Those guys just seem compelled to leave their excrement everywhere they go like a dog that hasn't been housebroken yet. It's really creepy and disgusting. Who the hell would want to go to a party with those guys?

US puts up with it because at least IDF has dropped the "sacrifice babby" perk.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Reminder that no one thought the 20 tank kill streak Cheevo was even possible as the 1.9.55 patch and then [IDF]Zvika did it in 2 hours with no TKs or airstrike perks.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Every team has those glorious stats from the past, only few of them are good today. Reminder that TeamHez took out 100+ IDF tanks out of the equation with zero tank losses on their own side. Because they didn't even have any tanks. I mean if you really want badass K:D rations, every team has more glorious records the IDF can hope for their best day. Against way better teams too.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 6, 2014

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

DarkCrawler posted:

Every team has those glorious stats from the past, only few of them are good today. Reminder that TeamHez took out 100+ IDF tanks out of the equation with zero tank losses on their own side. Because they didn't even have any tanks. I mean if you really want badass K:D rations, every team has more glorious records the IDF can hope for their best day. Against way better teams too.

Yeah, Clan IDF was formed via server merger after Clan DEU industrialized spawncamping. Just no way they can beat that K:D Ratio even if they went fullbot

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

DarkCrawler posted:

Yeah the IDF likes to pretend that 6M doesn't count against their lifetime K:D but it totally does.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

Reminder that no one thought the 20 tank kill streak Cheevo was even possible as the 1.9.55 patch and then [IDF]Zvika did it in 2 hours with no TKs or airstrike perks.

It helps that [SYR] had no loving idea how to drive their tanks. They might as well been built by loving martians as far as those idiots are concerned

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Radbot posted:

Whose excited for a third intifada?

Another expansion? I'm not paying for this poo poo again.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Senjuro posted:

:qq: But the PAL just keep hitting the spawn points.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bolow posted:

It helps that [SYR] had no loving idea how to drive their tanks. They might as well been built by loving martians as far as those idiots are concerned

Really I think SYR is the reason PAL and HEZ manage to look the least bit competent, because I could not imagine a worse group of full-on retards than the SYR and IRQ teams. IRQ couldn't even beat Team Ayatollah when the Soviet and US devs were BOTH dumping cash and tanks to them AND looking away when they used the gas cheats.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Senjuro posted:

It could be cool. The others introduced this whole new diplomatic metagame that was really cool. It just went to poo poo because clans like IDF didn't buy the expansions and just carried on with their straight-forward shooty-shooty FPS.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

team overhead smash posted:

It could be cool. The others introduced this whole new diplomatic metagame that was really cool. It just went to poo poo because clans like IDF didn't buy the expansions and just carried on with their straight-forward shooty-shooty FPS.

Dude, I know you're a big Mac fan and all, just because Clan IDF went with Windows doesn't mean their servers are incompatible for Mac players. Mac players just have to register with the "Games for Windows" system and enter their product key and bam! They can use the same servers as Clan IDF.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

It's still never going to get them a win though because the US and PRC devs don't give a poo poo about diplo scores on ladder match rankings

murphyslaw
Feb 16, 2007
It never fails

Triple A posted:

No man are you stoned? They tried griefing [BORK] and got owned. By [BORK]. I mean, come on.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I know the devs said they weren't going to remove factions entirely since the whole Red Team fiasco on the NA Servers, but I have a feeling they're planning on taking away all the South-West Asian servers and clans one day soon

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
If y'all want to change course and turn this into a "serious" I/P thread, there's looking to be an Intifada in Jerusalem as well as elsewhere.

In less serious news, Miri Regev, notorious right-wing populist, is angry that an Arab Member of Knesset wore a kuffieh. That's basically like some white Republican rear end in a top hat being upset that an African-American congressman was making a speech with a dashiki. (Which probably won't happen in the US because Congress is boring as gently caress).

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A US Congressman got poo poo a couple years ago for wearing a hoodie.

Have they fixed matchmaking yet or are teams still unbalanced?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

TBF They've pretty much openly admitted they're just playing for the shooty bits and they've ignored a whole bunch of other clans trying to reign them in. Is it even surprising that they have no interest in the diplomacy mode?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

If y'all want to change course and turn this into a "serious" I/P thread,
There's already a dedicated I/P thread elsewhere and this is an entertaining gimmick so no.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

InequalityGodzilla posted:

There's already a dedicated I/P thread elsewhere and this is an entertaining gimmick so no.

Lead me to the Promised Land, effendi.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Lead me to the Promised Land, effendi.
On my phone, can't. But it's in D&D, just like this thread, probably just go pushed back a page or something.

Edit: poo poo, nvm. Just checked my bookmarks and apparently it got locked a couple weeks ago at least. I guess this really is the dedicated I/P thread. The only way we can have a constructive, nonarguemental discussion about this if through video game metaphors. That's...really quite sad :smith:

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 14, 2014

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

On my phone, can't. But it's in D&D, just like this thread, probably just go pushed back a page or something.

Only thing I'm seeing is on page 3, the old one that was killed by N4I during the Halloween Thread Massacre of 2014.

Hong XiuQuan
Feb 19, 2008

"Without justice for the Palestinians there will be no peace in the Middle East."

Where's this thread? Old one was locked.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I guess this really is the dedicated I/P thread. The only way we can have a constructive, nonarguemental discussion about this if through video game metaphors. That's...really quite sad :smith:

Working as intended.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
IDF admitted that the two teenagers who were murdered in Bitunia about a month before Brothers Keeper were indeed murdered by IDF soldiers firing live munitions into the crowd, there are even some rumors that the soldier who murdered them might even face criminal charges, so like Yossi Gurvitz wrote "Huh, I guess he might be a druze", though tbqh this probably won't happen.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

emanresu tnuocca posted:

IDF admitted that the two teenagers who were murdered in Bitunia about a month before Brothers Keeper were indeed murdered by IDF soldiers firing live munitions into the crowd, there are even some rumors that the soldier who murdered them might even face criminal charges, so like Yossi Gurvitz wrote "Huh, I guess he might be a druze", though tbqh this probably won't happen.

haha, those TKing sad-brains are still crying about it when the other team no-scopes them but melee each other to death when they forget to equip their ninja outfits.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What would the mosque controversy be considered? Settlers trying to take over the other sides turf with a cultural win?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

RandomPauI posted:

What would the mosque controversy be considered? Settlers trying to take over the other sides turf with a cultural win?

Probably the Domination game mode.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Nah, faction questline like Endless Legend has. Those two bicker about that stuff, but meanwhile Argentina's quests are all about taking The Falklands whilst the Korean factions have mutually hostile reunification quests.

As an aside there's pretty good design in that last one actually, it's similar to the old East/West Germany factions, but there are really complex alliances in play and several potential modes for achieving unification. You can just go and conquer them, but that is really costly to your own country and can even kick off the Global Thermonuclear War event chain(!), but you can also try spies, coups, and even cultural spam. Weird thing with that last one though, North Korea has really intense internal cultural generation and protection against influences, whilst South Korea is way better at spreading things overseas thanks to stuff like their K-Pop UU and Girl's Generation Hero Unit, so they sort of end up cancelling each other out. Probably some grog has figured out how to properly use their cultural strengths, but I usually go for espionage for that quest chain.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 15, 2014

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

RandomPauI posted:

Capture-the-flag with no timelime

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
So what does everyone think about PAL's melee attack on an IDF spawn point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Kind of a classic "gently caress this poo poo" tactic. I remember playing old games like Soldier of Fortune 2 and just knifefucking with people since I couldn't play it anyway - sure, I died a lot but every time I got someone with a knife made up for a hundred deaths.

• Locked thread