Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly
over easy over andouille/chorizo hash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

He very quickly mentions smoked salmon in that video. I tried that several years ago when that was first making the rounds. Just happened to have some left over from dinner the previous night so I diced it up and got all the little bones out, and it was fantastic. Diced red bell pepper is pretty great too.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I like my eggs charged with nitrous oxide.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I mix some protein powder with warm tea, stir in two raw eggs and top off with a cup and a half of skim milk. Stir to combine. Makes an excellent, speedy breakfast for when you need to get to work or the gym and don't want to be hungry again for about four hours.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Softboiled.
The softest of boils. Where the heat has permeated just enough to fully cook the white.

Quench in icecold water, peel it gently and eat it off the ground like a filthy animal.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I love my eggs fertilized
:nms:

Kasan
Dec 24, 2006

Balut is delicious you shut your whore mouth. (when fried at least)

Edit: Fried eggs are also pretty good.

Kasan has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Nov 2, 2014

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Eggs Florentine

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Gonna post my Eggs Benedict recipe here too, because I like it.

Ingredients:
Spinach
2 teaspoon olive oil
2 5 oz container spinach
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Eggs and sauce
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon grated romano cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
1/8 teaspoon coriander
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon white vinegar
6 eggs
6 slices Canadian bacon , warmed
3 English muffins , split and toasted
Directions:
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; sauté spinach for 3 minutes until wilted. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter.
3. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in the cheeses and seasonings. Cook and stir until cheese is melted; keep warm.
4. Place 2-3 inches of water in a large skillet with high sides; add vinegar. bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer gently.
5. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer; holding the cup close to the surface of the water, slip each egg into water. Cook, uncovered, until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken (but are not hard), about 4 minutes.
6. Place Canadian bacon on each muffin half. With a slotted spoon, lift each egg out of the water and place on muffin.
7. Top with wilted spinach and cheese sauce.

Or, if you'd like a simpler breakfast, try this killer recipe for œuf dur

1 egg
1 pan of boiling water

Directions:
1. Boil egg until it's done
2. Eat the egg

Agatha Crispies
Jan 15, 2010

Contains 100% daily dose of little grey cells
Everyone knows eggs are great. Why not take it a step further with fun egg creations to entertain and unsettle your dinner guests.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Softboiled in the little cup with toast soldiers.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Dump a carton of eggs on the floor and eat the eggs off of the floor like a animal you piece of poo poo.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Fried egg method I made up but like:

Put some fuckin oil in a frying pan, I use rapeseed oil because it's good for you and has a funny name
Heat it up in the pan so it's hot
Now, get a pepper grinder and grind some pepper into the hot oil, it's should make tiny bubbles as the pepper heats up and cooks
Crack an egg into a cup or something
Pour the egg in the pan and now what will happen is the tiny air bubbles will go apeshit and make the egg fluffy and about a centimetre thick or more when it's cooked

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

The wife and I made a pretty good omelette with some chayotes, zucchini and tomatoes. Put some Gouda and that poo poo too.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Goons, what is a good toad in a bog recipe? Do you butter the bread or pre-toast it or what

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Pure bachelor chow here:

1. Microwave a small russet potato
2. While potato cooks, scramble two eggs
3. Slice potato in half, add salt and tobasco
4. Place eggs on top, add slice of cheese (cheap american if rent is due)
5. Nuke to melt cheese, add ketchup

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
2 oz flour
2 oz butter
2 oz sugar
1 egg

2 minutes in microwave = cake

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

A quiche is good as well.
Must, must have some sort of fatty fat fat meat in it though.
And a damned good zingy sheep or goat cheese.

You could put spinach and non tangy cheese in it if youre some kind of degenerate.

Tewbrainer
Apr 1, 2010

Rampant Dwickery posted:

Lightly poached on an English muffin, then topped with crumbled salmon, hollandaise sauce, and a little pinch of black pepper.

I'd just call it Salmon Benedict but I don't want some jerk coming out and calling me a food philistine.

Anyways, it's delicious.

I had some salmon left over and made hollandaise sauce just to try this, it was amazing.

This thread has been life changing for me.

Tewbrainer has a new favorite as of 01:17 on Nov 3, 2014

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

angerbot posted:

Softboiled in the little cup with toast soldiers.

What are toast soldiers?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Spanish Manlove posted:

What are toast soldiers?

Toast cut length ways into strips about an inch wide, you get like 4 per slice

You dip them in the egg, I think the name comes from Humpty Dumpty, used as a way to get kids to eat their breakfast the ungrateful little poo poo stains

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Thanks GBS, I added something to my bucket list.

I'm guessing it's an omelet cooked just enough to stay solid until it goes on the rice and then is sliced open.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Huevos Haminados are pretty fun if they're the kind cooked on a Cholent (or rather, a Hamin, but most people know the dish as Cholent).

Some people just make them in a pot with onion peels and coffee grinds over a few hours.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Eggs are so drat good with the amount of tasty bullshit you can do with them. loving love this thread, post more eggs.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Whisk up a few eggs, soak a slice or two of bread in them for 10 mins then fry that bitch in a bit of butter, we call them 'eggy bread' round here, for crazy reasons.
Very unhealthy but very nice!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Spudd posted:

Eggs are so drat good with the amount of tasty bullshit you can do with them. loving love this thread, post more eggs.

The only true superfood.

Also chiming in to say Meringues are some of my favorite egg configuration.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Just had a really good omelette. Chicken, green peppers and cheddar.

It is called a prairie omelette. It is a simple dish meant to be enjoyed by simple folk and it is wonderful.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

RandomFerret posted:

Just had a really good omelette. Chicken, green peppers and cheddar.

Omelettes are the bollocks! I often make my meals for work in advance (chilli,bolognese,lasagne) if I have any left after portioning out for 4 days I'll chuck it in an omelette with some extra veggies.

Bolognese omelette owns.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Eggs, being infinitely versatile, are inherently devoid of any cultural, socioeconomic and political signifiers.

The egg came before the chicken because the chicken is inferior.

BuddyChrist
Apr 29, 2008
+1 to chorizo and eggs, I'll cook up about 3 eggs and mix it with half a pack of chorizo, add a little cheddar and wolf that down on corn tortillas.
+1 to Ham and Cheddar omlette, classic but always good.
Also +1 to the Omurice somebody posted earlier, I always got the feeling that was something that Japan came up with for kids but damned if that isn't some great comfort food.

I used to love getting two eggs over easy on a bowl of white rice with pepper and these little seaweed shreds that were rehydrated (what with i don't know), but that poo poo was seriously the bomb.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Huevos Rancheros

Ingredients:

2 Huevos
1 Rancheros

Instructions:

Place eggs in a cup, put salsa on it.

Put in microwave for 3 minutes on maximum power (1000watt)

Scoop contents back into the mug enjoy!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I used to make bacon and eggs for lunch when I worked from home. Use the bacon grease to fry the eggs, dice up leftovers from last night, add those and some cheese and kinda scramble them together in the pan. poo poo was delicious but the cleanup sucked.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

That looks delicious thanks for the serving suggestion

monkay
Aug 5, 2012

The official sad poster
Scotch eggs boi.
https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch_egg
Eating more than two makes me feel bloated though.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

monkay posted:

Scotch eggs boi.

Smoked haddock Scotch eggs.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/smoked_haddock_scotch_59758

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

CannonFodder posted:

Thanks GBS, I added something to my bucket list.

I'm guessing it's an omelet cooked just enough to stay solid until it goes on the rice and then is sliced open.

Cooking with :staredog: has you covered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcJlmhoYNfI

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

monkay posted:

Scotch eggs boi.

Manchester Egg
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/recipes/10012614/Manchester-egg-recipe.html

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
If you like sunny side up with runny yolk but hate uncooked egg white or you're always burning the bottom try this: after you crack the eggs into the pan fill one of the broken half-shells with water, splash it into the hot pan (not directly on the egg) and cover with a lid. The water will boil and steam the top while the bottom cooks normally. Get it off the heat the instant the membrane around the yolk turns pink. Perfectly cooked whites with a runny yolk every time unless you completely suck at cooking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Tea Eggs.

• Locked thread