Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

RandomFerret posted:

Just had a really good omelette. Chicken, green peppers and cheddar.

Omelettes are the bollocks! I often make my meals for work in advance (chilli,bolognese,lasagne) if I have any left after portioning out for 4 days I'll chuck it in an omelette with some extra veggies.

Bolognese omelette owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

WhatEvil posted:

I only started eating eggs in the last year. My parents are vegetarian and also don't eat eggs (but do have dairy) and so I didn't either, but I got a new girlfriend and she has introduced me to the wonders of the egg.

So far I've made:
Scrambled eggs both "regular" style and Gordon Ramsay style (Ramsay style is so much better).
Blue cheese soufflé (awesome)
Huevos Rancheros
Fried eggs
Poached eggs
Meringue (well, tried it, didn't make it myself)
Omelettes

I think my favourite is fried eggs where the yolk is like, half hard/just starting to go hard, so it's not totally liquid but not solid either and it's all gooey and awesome. I can't seem to do this consistently though. Does anybody have any tips for getting them to this stage?

I tend to get the best results using a good centimetre of oil and a splash of water then cracking in the eggs and covering the pan with a pot lid.

• Locked thread