Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Spamtron7000 posted:

Beau Monde seasoning. It's probably been sitting in your mom's spice rack since 1973. It's for eggs. Use a lot of it with black pepper in your scrambled eggs and they will taste awesome. I think Beau Monde means "good world". My dad taught me this spice when I was in high school. It's for eggs.

I use it on any mayo based recipe. Hood on tuna salad and devilled eggs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Spamtron7000 posted:

I think there are a few recipes for Beau Monde but I think the flavor that stands out to me is the celery seed. I know this because at one point my wife put celery salt on my eggs and I asked her if it was Beau Monde.

Yep. Onion and celery seed.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Steamed white rice, burger patty, sunnyside up or over easy, covered in gravy.

The way god intended.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Somfin posted:

My girlfriend taught me the best way to make scrambled eggs.

Three or so eggs per person and about half of an egg-sized lump of butter per person. Crack the eggs into a pot with some black pepper, toss in the butter and put it on low heat, stirring constantly. As soon as it starts to thicken around the edge, lift the pot off the heat and scrape the bottom and sides until it stops sticking, then return it to the heat. Keep stirring, serve while they're still slightly (slightly) runny and don't look quite done yet by scrambled egg standards. Fantastic on toast.

I'm gonna need to get me the equipment to make those purple eggs though.

1:3 butter:eggs ratio. I can get behind this.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Rigged Death Trap posted:

In fact why not go for Quail Eggs.
They're quite good, havent had them in a long while so all I remember is liking them.

SUB TOPIC: Post about non-chicken eggs that youve had.

Balut is pretty good if you can turn your brain off as to what you're eating.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Frostwerks posted:

Would eggs on rice with soy sauce be any good I wonder.

Yes. scrambled is ok, but runny is best. Hot yolk + soy sauce over rice is a big umami punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The flaming lip posted:

I'm from STL, and we have the slinger. Two eggs, hamburger patty, hash browns, covered in chili. Add raw white onion, maybe some mustard. Only eat if you're drunk.

I would change the hash browns for rice, but save that, I would eat the poo poo out of that plate.

• Locked thread