Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Poached, but I only in restaurants because gently caress if I'm going to deal with that bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Just had a really good omelette. Chicken, green peppers and cheddar.

It is called a prairie omelette. It is a simple dish meant to be enjoyed by simple folk and it is wonderful.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Medium can be good when you don't have anything to dip. Open the yolk up and shake a little salt and pepper on that, maybe mash it into the white.

A hard yolk's only good for making deviled eggs.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Cut some hard-boiled eggs in half, take out the yolk, put it in a bowl with some mayo, whip it together and then shove it back in the eggs halves. This is the basic construction of a deviled egg, and it is your canvas.

Whip tandoori masala into the yolks and garnish with cumin.

Chop up some shallots and garlic stems really tiny and whip that in, then garnish with cracked black pepper and himalayan rock salt.

Squirt some loving ketchup in it and garnish with cheez whiz, it's your loving recipe and you don't got to do a god drat thing anybody else tells you.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Nope, there's a separate term for that kind of egg, it's called 'over easy.'

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If you want to determine what is or is not an egg dish, look closely at the name of the dish. If it is an egg dish the name will have the word 'omelette' or 'egg' in it somewhere. If it doesn't have one of those words, it may be a dish that contains eggs, but it is not considered an egg dish.

French toast, for example, contains eggs but is not actually considered an egg dish. Fried egg on toast contains almost all the same ingredients, but includes the word 'egg' in its name, making it an egg dish.

Sometimes it will be in other languages, so be on the lookout for words like 'huevo' or 'tamago'

That's all there is to it. Get out there and have fun identifying egg dishes!

.-~-.
                     .'     '.
                    /         \
            .-~-.  :           ;
          .'     '.|           |
         /         \           :
        :           ; .-~""~-,/
        |           /`        `'.
        :          |             \
         \         |             /
          `.     .' \          .'
    eggs    `~~~`    '-.____.-'

If you would like to use this guide on your site, please ask permission first.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Ever have a thousand year egg? It's this chinese egg preserved in salt and quicklime and it's totally gross looking and tastes really strong, but the texture is nice and it works well diced up in some congee.

Pictured: some gross looking poo poo

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

gently caress, I knew there was something I was missing. I'll have to add an update section to the faq.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I made tacos last night, and today I did what I always do the day after I make tacos.

I put the leftover meat, peppers and cheese in a pan, crack a couple of eggs on top, and let it cook sunny-side up like that until it's almost done, then quickly scramble it all together so everything gets coated in nice runny yolk.

This dish is the reason I make tacos at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

yes, I can confirm that. it's also a good way to use up some leftover fried rice, just scramble that poo poo all up

• Locked thread