Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
There's a similar Indonesian food called telur balado that's delicious:

Hard-boiled eggs in chilli sauce, I put coconut milk into mine so it makes the sauce a bit creamy too. It's like a bright red spicy egg mayonnaise. It's true that you can't really taste the egg, but the reason for the eggs is the hard-boiled texture and the nice mouthfeel along with the soft sauce.

Also scrambled egg or omelette on toast thickly spread with Marmite is always good. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Frostwerks posted:

Would eggs on rice with soy sauce be any good I wonder.

Yup, make an omelette out of them, chop it into bitesize bits, set aside. Stir-fry some veggies with a little curry paste (Thai red curry works, or a proper home-made nasi goreng paste, I tend to be lazy and use shop-bought or a mix of garlic, ginger and sambal ulek pastes and dashi powder instead of trassi for a vegetarian version), add some leftover boiled rice from last night's dinner, throw in the omelette bits and drown the thing in soy sauce. Add toppings like sliced spring onion, crispy fried onions, serundeng/chopped peanuts, chilli oil, sesame oil, ketjap manis, whatever you like/have in the cupboards. The best breakfast ever, and a nice way to use up leftover rice.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Pretty much, yup. Very nice with egg in it.

• Locked thread