Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
If I had to guess, they will probably just cut him loose and let the civilian justice system deal with him. Nobody ever wants to do the paperwork for that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Our gay(cav) squadron pulled back a SFC who was on terminal leave for retirement to face the music over a DUI he got on the other side of the country.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

not caring here posted:

Our gay(cav) squadron pulled back a SFC who was on terminal leave for retirement to face the music over a DUI he got on the other side of the country.

SCO gets an MSM for cost saving efforts by yanking a pension.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Can anyone comment on how much of this is legit?

http://dcxposed.com/2013/02/15/decorated-us-soldier-john-hatley-gets-life-in-leavenworth-for-killing-insurgents/

Basically a guy gets in trouble for fighting and sleeping on guard duty and rats out an incident from 2 years prior involving a senior NCO who executed 4 EPWs caught after a fight because the detainee facility said to let them go. Senior NCO gets life in Leavenworth based on testimony & no physical evidence.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Might wanna ask in the legal thread for a quicker response, but it seemed like 3 dudes pointed him out as executing some local nationals in a ditch.

That's probably enough to nail a dude. I imagine there was some very specific details that they testified to though, doesn't seem plausible otherwise. Not that a lot of these articles ever tell the full story anyway.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

not caring here posted:

Face what music? I've never seen a command that gives anyone anything other than a GOMOR for DUI. The civilian justice system is plenty of punishment.

Zeris posted:

Can anyone comment on how much of this is legit?

http://dcxposed.com/2013/02/15/decorated-us-soldier-john-hatley-gets-life-in-leavenworth-for-killing-insurgents/

Basically a guy gets in trouble for fighting and sleeping on guard duty and rats out an incident from 2 years prior involving a senior NCO who executed 4 EPWs caught after a fight because the detainee facility said to let them go. Senior NCO gets life in Leavenworth based on testimony & no physical evidence.

People have been convicted on far less than the corroborating testimony of 2 or 3 witnesses in both the civilian and military systems. Although I'm quite sure there's more to the entire story than this blog is putting up. Especially since the writer doesn't even seem to understand what evidence is. Hint: witness testimony is evidence.

Quote: "There’s absolutely no forensic, ballistic, physical, or direct evidence of a crime being committed." - Welcome to the American justice system!

Defleshed fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 30, 2014

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Defleshed posted:

Face what music?

Coming back to Georgia.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
"Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving weekend. 100% height and weight on Friday."

Sounds right to me.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Aranan posted:

"Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving weekend. 100% height and weight on Friday."

Sounds right to me.

"All senior NCOs will conduct height/weight the day before."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

"Commanders are reminded to file all soldier flags NLT COB Friday."

• Locked thread