Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Has anyone really ever been so far as even decided to use even go want to do look more like?

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I thought I was having a stroke, you assholes.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

not caring here posted:

Check you maybe ought to doctor your serious call and have that out, could be.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

not caring here posted:

Maybe you're cixelsyd.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Army tread is now drunk thread:

If you, are not, not havingk a strong and/or working towards us via highflying BAC, wrong thread

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
Noble buddy broke it off with her boyfriend because he got one too many DUIs. Apparently this is a problem for Army women. No wait she is a reservist... Army women yeah.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

White Chocolate posted:

Noble buddy broke it off with her boyfriend because he got one too many DUIs. Apparently this is a problem for Army women. No wait she is a reservist... Army women yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkN8V2Xogsw

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

White Chocolate posted:

Deep down inside even the most well-dressed, non-stupid haircut having, gainfully employed, normal reservist with nary a Juggalo tattoo beats the poor decision making heart of someone in the Army.

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.
Don't dip your pen in the company ink.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

calmasahinducow posted:

No. Are you drunk?

Sometimes, but not all the time. Not now, for instance. So read and heed:

The ticker tape tirades that they'll throw these trainees?

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Thorazine trawling troopers thinking thoughts through their terrible ticker tape tirades?

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Do you not now understand what was so simple to mistake before?

Good luck?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Obama Africanus posted:

Sometimes, but not all the time. Not now, for instance. So read and heed:

The ticker tape tirades that they'll throw these trainees?

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Thorazine trawling troopers thinking thoughts through their terrible ticker tape tirades?

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Do you not now understand what was so simple to mistake before?

Good luck?

Manchurian Agent 4 active. Awaiting next instruction.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Manchurian Agent 4 active. Awaiting next instruction.
Beep beep boop, bop beeeep boop whistle beep beep booop.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
What is it with the Chinese and all the choreographed videos

also I wonder if they ever hosed up going that and got anyone killed

I'm guessing that's a yes

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
"Going to the RTI to get a PHA" turned into getting blood drawn, immunizations, hearing, dental, and a PHA. gently caress you army

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I was cav (aviation; not the real kind) in 10th mountain for my second deployment and I thought cav was bad but I never realized

that 1st cav's predeployment training includes mandatory hugging of an old lady with 1st cav pins in the yellow ribbon in her hair.

(or that a color guard waits outside the plane for redeployment ceremonies)

so

gently caress that.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Every deployment we had to be talked out of bringing the horses

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'm glad my last days in the army will be in a unit that has ceased giving a single solitary gently caress about almost everything.

A cav unit that has a ranger first sergeant who is just about to hit his 20 and a CO that got the letter to gently caress off.

Not bad days, all up.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

I'm shipping to basic sometime after the holidays, going in as a musician. Once I get to the school of music, I'll get to choose my first duty station based on my audition and what bands have vacancies.

Besides the 23 bands in the continental US that I'm eligible for coming out of ASOM, there's also one in Alaska, one in Hawaii, one in Japan, and two in Korea. Any places I should avoid?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Loden Taylor posted:

I'm shipping to basic sometime after the holidays, going in as a musician. Once I get to the school of music, I'll get to choose my first duty station based on my audition and what bands have vacancies.

Besides the 23 bands in the continental US that I'm eligible for coming out of ASOM, there's also one in Alaska, one in Hawaii, one in Japan, and two in Korea. Any places I should avoid?

The army. It isn't too late to cancel.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If those bands aren't in Yongsan or Humphries, forget Korea.

I say gently caress Alaska, but I hate the cold.

Japan could be good unless the marines rape and / or murder someone else and then you'll be on lockdown for the entire tour.

As for posts, just pick what you like regionally. Army bands are kept a reasonable distance away from regular army dumb (except for that one MSG who went full jesus gently caress mode) so it's a pretty chill gig from what I gather from the band dudes.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Pesticide20 posted:

The army. It isn't too late to cancel.

This isn't a sarcastic response. Pesticide20 is trying to save you.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Nah if your gonna be all that you can be its best to have a violin imho

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Aranan posted:

This isn't a sarcastic response. Pesticide20 is trying to save you.

I know, but being able to actually make a living playing my chosen instrument doesn't exist outside of the military so I guess the joke's on me.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Army band is probably one of those jobs where you get to be in the Army without actually being in the Army. So in other words, not too bad.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Loden Taylor posted:

Avoid AK. There's the chance of going to Anchorage (which I hear isn't a bad place), but the chance of getting sent to Fairbanks is too much to ignore. My unit there managed to gently caress up my out processing so hard that my commission didn't transfer over to the reserves (which they also forgot to put me in, effectively ending my service obligation). This wouldn't be too much of a problem, but I was thinking about trying to get into a Civil Affairs unit near here and my old unit managed to gently caress up my chances at that over 2 years later and ~5000 miles away. I would have to create a packet and apply to a reappointment board which only meets once a year to even get into the reserves, let alone the unit I was trying for.

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006

Loden Taylor posted:

That sounds dope, but the army ruins a lot of things, so I hope you enjoy this as much as you can.

Avoid all of Texas. Get the most remote assignment, and chill for your contract, or whatevers closest to where you want to explore. Don't be discouraged when you still get sent to bliss, you can always pray to reclass as infantry and drop bodies during ww3.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mexico can have Texas back imo

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Mexico can have Texas back imo

I'd say no because I work out of Texas. But then when I spend time in El Paso I think that maybe being a garbage man in New Mexico isn't all that bad of an idea.

Who am I kidding, I do work in Mexico.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

psydude posted:

Army band is probably one of those jobs where you get to be in the Army without actually being in the Army. So in other words, not too bad.

What's army like, psydude?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Gentlmen, here's your new SMA:

Stripes posted:

WASHINGTON — The Army on Monday named Sgt. Maj. Daniel Dailey, an infantryman with five deployments stretching back to Operation Desert Storm, as the next Sergeant Major of the Army.

Dailey, of Palmerton, Pa., now serves as command sergeant major at Army Training and Doctrine Command. He’ll take over as the Army’s top enlisted member on January 30 and replace current Sergeant Major of the Army Raymond Chandler, who has served in the role since March 2011.

Dailey’s “experience, leadership, devotion to Soldiers and commitment to our Army make him especially suited to assume this important duty, one that Sgt. Maj. of the Army Chandler has masterfully performed for the last four years,” Army Secretary John McHugh said in a written statement.

Dailey’s primary job will be as adviser to Army Chief of Staff Gen. Ray Odierno on policy and procedures that affect enlisted soldiers. Sergeants major of the Army testify before Congress on quality-of-life concerns, pay and other matters affecting enlisted members. Because of their centrality to discussions involving topics such as haircuts and tattoos, they can be singled out for ire from the troops as well.

Odierno called Dailey the epitome of a soldier.

“I have every confidence in his ability as a visionary leader to help guide our Army through this time of great complexity and rapid change — he is a trusted Army professional,” he said in a written statement.

Dailey joined the Army in 1989 and served in Germany as a radio telephone operator and rifleman for his first assignment, according to his Army biography. He deployed to Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm and was soon after promoted to sergeant in 1993. After a series of assignments, he deployed to Iraq in 2003, and was promoted to command sergeant major in 2004. He would return three more times to Iraq by 2009 before taking on his current assignment.

Among his awards are the Legion of Merit, a Bronze Star with Valor, a number of Bronze Stars, Meritorious Service Awards and Army Commendation Medals. Dailey received a bachelor of science degree, summa cum laude, from Excelsior University, the Army said.

Dailey said he’s ready to take on his job leading the Army’s enlisted ranks.

“I’m passionate about the Army, and I’m passionate about taking care of soldiers,” he said. “This is truly a humbling opportunity.”

He has *gasp* deployments, but then again, he's also TRADOC's current CSM so lol.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Seems okay but we'll see. Chandler can suck my dick from the back.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Gentlmen, here's your new SMA:
[url=www.stripes.com/news/infantryman-named-new-sergeant-major-of-the-army-1.311974]

He has *gasp* deployments, but then again, he's also TRADOC's current CSM so lol.

No CIB or any other badges...?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Justin Tyme posted:

Some guys choose not to wear them for DA photos.

nescience
Jan 24, 2011

h'okay

Loden Taylor posted:

How likely is it that you'll actually get to choose your location in AIT? I thought it was just needs of the army?

If you do get to choose, Is there a destination that you'd want to visit in your lifetime that would be outside of ordinary means? i.e. How likely is it that you're willing to spend the kind of money to visit Japan (or any other location) for a year. I'm kinda buying into the "every assignment is what you make of it", although Korea really challenged my position on that... Even then, I was able to make Korea an *okay* assignment, like everyone else mentioned, the Army really ruins any place, but it does provide you with the opportunity to visit countries that you might not be able to afford on your own.

Spicy Guacamole posted:

...he's also TRADOC's current CSM so lol...
That's why his name sounds so familiar, we had to remember that when we were in basic -_-.

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women

Justin Tyme posted:

"...His awards and decorations include the Legion of Merit, the Bronze Star Medal with V device, the Bronze Star Medal (third award), the Meritorious Service Medal (third award), Army Commendation Medal (seventh award), the Southwest Asia Service Medal (one bronze service star), Iraq Campaign Medal (five bronze service stars), Kuwait Liberation Medal (for Kuwait and Saudi Arabia), Ranger Tab, Expert Infantryman’s Badge, and Combat Infantryman’s Badge."

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

He's got a bsm w/ v so he'd better have a cib.

On the other hand, he's from Pennsylvania.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris posted:

On the other hand, he's from The Worst State.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Zeris posted:

He's got a bsm w/ v so he'd better have a cib.

On the other hand, he's from Pennsylvania.

I was about to say he doesn't sound like a complete gently caress face, but then I saw that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
lmbo armys got a bootleg copy of dan daly now huh

• Locked thread