Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Go sit in your office, sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Army tread is now drunk thread:

If you, are not, not havingk a strong and/or working towards us via highflying BAC, wrong thread

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I was cav (aviation; not the real kind) in 10th mountain for my second deployment and I thought cav was bad but I never realized

that 1st cav's predeployment training includes mandatory hugging of an old lady with 1st cav pins in the yellow ribbon in her hair.

(or that a color guard waits outside the plane for redeployment ceremonies)

so

gently caress that.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

He's got a bsm w/ v so he'd better have a cib.

On the other hand, he's from Pennsylvania.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Was SGM Chandler's reign of terror cut short? It seemed like SGM Preston had a much longer tenure.

Fake edit: Looked it up on wikipedia. SGM Preston was 2004 - 2011, SGM Chandler will be from 2011 - 2015.

Army was pissed that Chandler couldn't come up with an competitor to Terminal Lance, so they sent him packing

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Mike-o posted:

gonna make a tracker to track all the nobles that need to die. hint: it's all of them.

Please hurry, I can't handle scooping my cat's litter another day

edit:
ping
glide path
zero in on
stand by to stand by
counseling statement
o dark thirty
end of tour award
METL crosswalk
no such thing as NCO business
lit up like a christmas tree

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR

Zeris fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 7, 2014

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I don't mind paying out the rear end for competitive salaries for doctors. I am glad we did/do that. This is a good thing.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

nescience posted:

Suggestion for car insurance in Germany that isn't USAA? Why does everything here cost an arm and a leg

Because they're still paying off WW1 reparations

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Combat pilot officer faces discharge for breaking up lesbian dirty dancing at official ball...

Ahahhahahahha

hahaha

ahhhhhh

HAAAAAAA

GFY LTC Downey

I spent a year working for his rageaholic rear end. Glad to see him go down in flames.

They strangely don't mention the baptist squadron CSM who shoved the female captain and called her an "abomination" at the same scuffle.

loving aviation nerds.

For the record, the actual military ball occurred in Spring 2013.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Oh man story time, you gotta make the schadenfreude better.

I will be back home, and drunk, soon, and promise to deliver at that time.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Special loving LENS

WHERE IS YOUR SPECIAL loving LENS

Major Herold and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes. On line with the rest of the staff - the 2 (me), the 3 (Herold), the 4 (Monette, pronounced mo-nay), the 6 (Hercula), and the 1 (Panzer, a bitch). And of course CSM McGuire and the XO, Rastall. Xo/S3 = MAJ/03, CSM=E9/trash, S1-6 = CPT/03.

The squadron staff were on line for a photo op. Jalalabad, AFG. 2011-ish, late, near the end of our deployment. An Oh58D Kiowa with the squadron's senior pilot, CW5 French, was spinning blades and waiting for the loving "photographer" to get his special loving lens. Probably an 80-200mm or something like that; I didn't know jack poo poo about photography at the time, but Frank Capri the photographer did. Frank was an apache pilot, a CW4, and he ran from the helicopter landing pads of Jalalabad back into the ops center or his CHU or whatever to grab his special loving lens.

LTC Downey screamed at us like an alcoholic stepfather. STAND BY...SPECIAL loving LENS...WE GOTTA WAIT FOR FRANK TO GRAB IT

The staff, including me, looked at each other and laughed a bit but also had the fear of pissing off the angry old men, so we kept it low key.

Up in the air went CW5 French as a single pilot in an OH58D (yeah, a 1-star is supposed to sign on that) and CW4 Capri as a loving photographer for the SCO's (Squadron Commander) vanity shoot. We had on stetsons and spurs, the SCO's little bitch adj had the guidon, and we posed and posed and had joke fodder for months to come. Special loving lens.

By the time I got home in October 2011 I was ready to turn in my REFRAD. How much poo poo had I been through? After a year with an infantry company I had no idea how much stupider a war could become. But a year with the aviation as their S2 taught me well. FOB under attack? Don't rush to get ISR up and linked into the apache team looking to kill -- no no...put on your boots, captain. I got an asschewing for not appearing in proper gear. Roger that.

"Represent the task force" I was told by the SCO and the S3 for not ripping off the 101st combat patch and replacing it with 10th mountain.

ISR

ISR

ISR

Where's my army TV, deuce? The name of the game with this SCO was get him a big loving TV with persistent EO/IR so he could micromanage every team of 2-4 CH47Fs that had a load of 3-101 joes to drop off in shithole Pech/Waygul/Watapur for whatever given op. By the time 25th ID swapped with 101st there was no point in any of it, COL Kim was demanding we AASLT companies of afghan commandos & US army SF mentors to act as supporting efforts to his organic BPs...they brought tents to the mountains of Afghanistan; I say again, 25h ID from Hawaii occupied ridgelines and draws of Afghan mountain valleys with loving tents.

LTC Downey didn't give a poo poo about much except representing his task force, making himself look good, and smashing phones out of the hands of Jr Enlisted at cav balls. His CSM, baptist fellow, worked hard to make sure soldiers who looked at him funny were treated like garbage. Such is enlisted life in the aviation, or as best as I can gather as an O myself; the Es didn't fly and did ash&trash and repaired stuff so they were already pretty used to being poo poo on 24/7. I guess the CSM felt it was his privilege/honor/duty to make the other enlisted hate their lives even more than they already did. He also liked shoving gay female captains and calling them abominations at military balls. I believed he was retired early.

LTC Downey got a cush job at the pentagon and, apparently, didn't survive subsequent waves of culling. Guessing some reporter was waiting to leap on this moment.

Truth be told he wasn't a war criminal, a baby raper, a racist, or whatever. He was just a dumb idiot that had no place in a chain of decision makers responsible for life/death situations in Nangarhar/Nuristan/Konar/Laghman. He was an idiot. Too dumb to fly or do anything else with his life.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

The military ball event:
Female captain (dirtbag officer), chemical officer, HHT commander's baby, barely in the closet, nice enough as a friend but not someone to trust important work to.
Outgoing - on her way out.
Barely-kept secret of having had a relationship with an E, female, that ended with the captain getting punched in the face. All hush-hush. 1 or 2 years prior.
Said captain now does standup comedy in LA (you won't have to look hard to find her) and talks about the "combat" in Iraq/Afghanistan (never left the loving fob, so I guess IDF counts for CABs as well as war stories now)

Incoming chemical officer
Better looking, and equally gay female LT. They're doing the right seat / left seat for a few weeks in the era of our lord Spring 2012; I posted the wrong date previously. Early April I believe. Palling around 24/7... this is back at Ft Drum, and must be one hell of a left/right seat ride to figure out where the USR slides are saved.

Cav ball happens.
DADT was repealed a few months prior.
The LT and the CPT are at the ball as their dates. Already engaged at this point, but knew each other less than a month. What's the DA form for UHaul requisition?
They are holding hands, being affectionate at the table, nobody seems to really give a poo poo. If you have been to a grunt ball you see far worse between men and women.

Everything from here on out is second hand knowledge; I left 10 minutes prior the incident. It was around midnight.
Homophobe racist CSM breaks up the 2 female officers on the dance floor who are kissing / butt grabbing / whatever. CPT tells him to check his privilege, he gives her a shove or a tap, depending who you ask, and calls her an abomination.
Meanwhile, another E is recording it all on his phone.
LTC Downey "attempts to take the phone out of the soldier's hand" but instead the soldier ends up on the dance floor, head first.

Leadership is whisked away quickly to other units/places. Keep in mind at this point there had been NO headlines on anyone loving up the DADT repeal. This was supposedly the first "incident". It never quite made headlines. The female CPT got a lot of pressure not to say / admit anything to investigators or press.

Aviators can't even train wreck a ball correctly.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

58s are useless

Their engines are poo poo. They lose any strength they had there with the mandatory equipping of CMWS in Afghanistan.
They carry, I believe, 300rds .50cal and something like 8 or 9 rockets.

Pilots draw an "x" with a grease pencil on the front glass to aim their .50cals and rockets.

The optics (that drat ball on top) they use are ~10 years older than the Apache's. Kiowas were meant to scout enemy tanks for apaches to hellfire from 6-8km away. Apaches' FLIR finds bad guys better than anything kiowas can do.

They fly low, act like literal cowboys, blow their ammo load in 2 gun runs having scared nobody, then fire the 9 mils into the dirt and jerk each off about it in the debrief.

Then the apaches come back 6 hours later with an 8 hour gun tape footage of clearing a mountainside with a half dozen hellfires and several hundred 30mm rounds. Half of which they found on their own and half from ISR handoff via laser or something else. Kiowa FLIR "gun tape" footage looks like pong. That poo poo was barely enough to catch the heat off tanks.

The role of air cav could be filled by a modern airframe with modern equipment. But we keep loving that up by giving candidates away to foreign militaries.The OH58D is DOA in the cav role since we have UAVs and AH64Ds. Especially in the thin air of Afghanistan. I guess we won't always be there but w/e.

The problem is not the OH58D, but the system that "works" by continuing to send them overseas and allow pilots to go near the things. The problem is the OH58D pilots themselves, who are so butthurt at their lack of battlefield utility that they fly and work more recklessly than MEDEVAC pilots, and without any possible reward, eg retrieving an urgent casualty from a TIC. The OH58D pilot community is by and large angry babies that hate the army, think they're hot poo poo (remember: air cav), and poo poo on everyone else to distract from their uselessness in any fight.

Doesn't matter; kiowas are out by 2018.

http://www.army.mil/article/135986/Aviation_Restructure_Initiative__OH_58D_personnel_transition_plan_under_way/

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I apologize for killing this thread twice in two pages.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

TACP airman joins ranks of military's most decorated

quote:

Master Sgt. Thomas Case, a tactical air control party airman, has joined the ranks of the military's most decorated troops.

Case, a TACP airman with the 18th Air Support Operations Group at Pope Field, N.C., was awarded the Silver Star an oak leaf cluster Thursday for an overnight battle in Afghanistan in 2009 when he was assigned to a group of Army Rangers in a notoriously dangerous part of Paktia province.

Case stood up during the gun battle, laying down suppressive fire with his M4 and directed five troops to remain behind cover.

"Due to the extreme close proximity of friendly forces to the enemy, and with bullets still hitting within feet of his position, he again willingly stood up while under fire in order to make sure the rounds from the AC-130 hit the correct target area," Case's citation reads.

After the second danger-close strike, Case saw two insurgents running down the hill shooting at him and the team's ground force commander. As they got within 15 meters, Case placed himself between the insurgents and the commander. Directing the commander to take cover, Case shot both insurgents with his M4. They both turned out to be heavily trained foreign fighters, the citation states.

As the battle continued, the enemy moved higher and began throwing grenades at the team. One grenade exploded about 10 feet from Case, damaging his helmet and wounding two Rangers.

He continued to direct more air strikes, calling for six more before he moved to link up with the lead element in order to get eyes on the insurgent's entrenched position.

"With the dust and haze from the airstrikes bringing visibility to near zero, he climbed 50 meters up a 60 degree embankment to reach the fire team leader, all while under enemy fire," the citation states.

Once there, he fixed his radio to call for four more AC-130 strikes on three enemy personnel about 100 meters away. Two more insurgents moved to flank, and Case used a grenade and his M-4 to kill them both.

"It all becomes a blur to me," Case said. "At the same time, we just kept doing (air strikes) until we had regained our freedom to maneuver. The engagement lasted most of the night. … It could have been 30 minutes, it could have been two hours.

"We just continued to hammer the enemy."

After the battle ended, the team was able to complete its mission. An after-action report showed 18 insurgents were killed.

"We didn't know how many (insurgents) were there prior to infiltration, we just expected some enemy combatants," Case said. "We didn't expect the fight we faced when we got there."

As the haze cleared, it became apparent that the team's wrong turn was actually a blessing in disguise. The enemy's position had a "commanding view" of the team's original target area, with large-scale weapons directed where the team would have ended up, Case said.

I know AARs and debriefs mean nothing against the actual events of a TIC but holy hell, this is some Hurt Locker crap in the report.

Also lol

quote:

This is really for my career field. I firmly believe that, of the other certified JTACs, I'm almost positive that 98 percent plus of them would have done what I did. I just went to work that night."

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

TPSDude posted:

Can't wait to read about a line platoon getting the herp from their new 13F, and the safety stand down that follows.

Is 13F open to all genders now?

What are 13 series MOS??

Please say 13B please please

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Update on that thing nobody wants to hear about, my former squadron commander who knocked a kid to the floor in the process of "preventing the filming of two lesbian officers kissing at a military ball"

Former Fort Drum officer sues Army, claims unlawful punishment following incident at 2012 ball

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Icon Of Sin posted:

An LTC getting an article 15? That schadenfreude is weapons-grade.

e: of course the morons are jumping at the chance make him a martyr.

http://www.thomasmore.org/news/deco...ederal-lawsuit/

You should look at my facebook feed. It's the "I'm Spartacus!" scene on repeated.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I don't know if you all are sick of the lesbian ball LTC drama but here's an update from the female captain involved:

quote:

Woke up yesterday to having three flat tires and this morning to one flat. Someone took the time to let the air out of them and left a hate note each day. Went to file a police report today and they said I basically have to wait until there's damage to myself or my car...great.
This is all because of a few articles that recently came out with a fabricated retelling of an incident that happened 2.5yrs ago while I was on active duty in the Army. The incident is public record, but instead of checking and reporting facts, the writer decided to publish an article filled with blatant lies and painted an abhorrent depiction of me.

Back then, at a military ball, I was shoved across the dance floor to the ground by my CSM for simply slow dancing with my then fiancé who happened to be a woman. He called me an "abomination" and to "get the gently caress out." Prior to him shoving me, my LTC struck the camera down out of a soldier's hands, thinking he was taking pictures of me and my fiancé dancing. In doing so, he broke the soldier's nose and knocked him unconscious, sending him to the hospital where he was diagnosed with a concussion. He then approached my fiancé and I on the dance floor asking us to leave since apparently there were rumors going around that we were engaging in inappropriate behavior.

I ended up reporting my CSM for shoving me. My LTC tried covering up both incidents that night and was caught lying during the investigation. The result of the investigation found that my fiancé and I hadn't engaged in inappropriate behavior as we'd been accused of, with over 500+ photos as well as video of the night gathered into evidence to back that up. The soldier who was hospitalized for taking pictures was actually taking a picture of his commander dancing with her husband. My fiancé and I weren't in any photos on his camera. The CSM was found guilty of assaulting an officer as well as in violation of the policy repealing "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." The LTC was found to have failed in Integrity and guilty of assaulting a soldier. Again, this is public record, so anyone can access this information.

Both the LTC and the CSM were relieved of command. The CSM retired with full pension. The LTC is still serving actively. He's now trying to sue the Army, since he's about to be forced into retirement with full pension due to the Army downsizing.

He blames me and my then fiancé for his being relieved of command back then and again now for him having to retire. So now him and his lawyers are lying to the media, blaming everything on what they call "lesbian dirty dancing", which apparently is a slow dance with a loved one of the same gender.
The kicker to all of this is...I had absolutely nothing to do with his being relieved of command. I didn't even report or accuse him of anything. If he had reported the incidents with him striking the soldier and the CSM assaulting an officer right away instead of trying to cover it up, he'd have stayed in command. He lied and got caught. He's lying again now, and as a result, is getting people enraged with me.
Now, I not only am being harassed on Facebook by strangers, along with my family and friends targeted, but now I have someone coming to my home threatening and harassing me. It's negatively affecting every aspect of my life.
This is so wrong.

more (album)

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

He was a prior E, angry guy from Philly... the 3 and I would watch his head cant off center as an eye grew big and veins bulged across his forehead during update briefings.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

brains posted:

please, 5 years ago this was a prereq just to get looked at for a CSM slot.

You know there is a sergeants major academy at Bliss and you PCS there for a year long set of instruction from top men in the arts of mispronouncing words and removing the last remnants of useful knowledge and shits to give for other people accomplishing their actual job.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Omi-Polari posted:

Do you have an email address or any way I can reach you? For this.

I PM'd you.

I hope you're not planning to post this to Medium. Am I misreading here?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Also lol from Medium

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

stevenolson88 posted:

I got a talking by my o-3 boss about my sock length being too low for PT. I didn't care the first time, but then he said it again and I didn't want to deal with his poo poo anymore. Went and bought new socks and wore them to PT the next day. Got an e-mail later that day from him saying "GREAT job on the socks!". Holy gently caress the army is a sham. Or at least my experience over the last 26 months.

Accomplishments:
-Enhanced unit readiness, cohesion and lead-from-the-front mentality by ensuring junior leaders met uniform standards at all training events to include white socks above the ankle at PT, ensuring NCOs and soldiers understood standards apply to all and reducing ankle-related scuffing injuries

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

There's no CA CCC equivalent? Or is it like SF where guys have to go to Infantry CCC along with the Q-course?

CA normally goes to MI CCC, but my knowledge is >2 years old.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

E-9 chat: Command Sgt. Maj. killed in Afghanistan

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Cole posted:

Not saying it isn't true, but when your sources are "a friend and Facebook posts" your credibility takes a bit of a hit.

The army times!!?!?!??!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Can anyone comment on how much of this is legit?

http://dcxposed.com/2013/02/15/decorated-us-soldier-john-hatley-gets-life-in-leavenworth-for-killing-insurgents/

Basically a guy gets in trouble for fighting and sleeping on guard duty and rats out an incident from 2 years prior involving a senior NCO who executed 4 EPWs caught after a fight because the detainee facility said to let them go. Senior NCO gets life in Leavenworth based on testimony & no physical evidence.

• Locked thread