Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Stink fag posted:

Fiends soaring through the air towards you while remaining completely still kicks rear end.

weird gross early 3d is infinitely more interesting than the 3d that most faggots consider "nice" nowadays. a dreamlike quivering mess of scraped polys just suits a lot of gameworlds better than whatever nextgen hollywood cgi bullshit is in vogue. it's also incredibly easy to make lovely 3d graphics that still work and create a unique atmosphere, allowing for more content, whereas developers can spend lots of money and time on an obscenely over-detailed art style just because it's considered the standard now. the children growing up on seventh generation graphics are growing up retarded, with no role models of gaming aesthetics to guide them in their maturation. they don't understand the old ways and they will never appreciate simple pleasures that elder gamers take for granted.

Haha, sorry to rant, y'all! It's just that this subject is totally my Berserk Button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Schnedwob posted:

you might want to check out some Cicada Marionette games, they're fuckin' cool and really evoke the same feeling of a finished product that can't quite be complete by its very nature

yeah everything by cicada and thecatamites is great for this poo poo. that includes goblet grotto. there is a rapidly growing scene of people who are into how hosed up and special 90s-00s gaming could get. some posters may laugh, even post pictures of a neckbeard to try and mock me. that just means they're too disconnected from the true gaming spirit to understand what i'm talking about. they're just too... fake loving gamer

• Locked thread