Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm going to buy some pork shoulder in a bit and attempt to make some tamales.

I was planning to do tamales over the weekend as I had to work monday through wednesday.

I always do pumpkin pie from scratch but I am poor lately.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I'm making apple oat bread to bring to the family thing tomorrow.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm going to a nice restaurant for Thanksgiving because I don't have to do anything.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

I'm going to a nice restaurant for Thanksgiving because I don't have to do anything.

I'm cooking a big rear end prime rib and some mashed potatoes. I don't leave the house for loving anything on Thanksgiving or Black Friday unless my house was actively on fire

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I'm doing the same thing as today. Posting on the internet and playing video games.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I have today till Monday before winter break classes. You better believe all I'm doing is sleeping, drinking, and video games.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

On vacation as of noon. Fridge is stocked with everything I need for a couple days and it is time to relax.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My first Thanksgiving enlisted was spent as the poor dumb bastard working at the barracks check in desk and eating reheated Popeye's chicken and playing Madden 2001 on my Game Boy.

This year it will be spent having lunch with my brother's in-laws, and dinner with one of my sister in law's recently divorced receptionists.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Booblord Zagats posted:

My first Thanksgiving enlisted was spent as the poor dumb bastard working at the barracks check in desk and eating reheated Popeye's chicken and playing Madden 2001 on my Game Boy.

This year it will be spent having lunch with my brother's in-laws, and dinner with one of my sister in law's recently divorced receptionists.

My first was in basic training. Best army meal ever imo.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Booblord Zagats posted:

Bang the divorcee.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

zombie303 posted:

Bang the divorcee.

Wayyyyyyy ahead of you

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
He meant the wife.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Godholio posted:

He meant the wife.

:dusted:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I was planning to do tamales over the weekend as I had to work monday through wednesday.

I always do pumpkin pie from scratch but I am poor lately.

I've never made them before. The pork has been cooking for about 2 hours now and smells amazing, though. Gonna let it simmer for a bit longer to really get tender.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Godholio posted:

He meant the wife.

poo poo

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Cole posted:

My first was in basic training. Best army meal ever imo.

Same here, the battalion officers and senior NCOs were serving and loaded our plates up. We ate like kings! Deployment Thanksgivings can eat a dick though, the three I had were just long lines and garbage tasting food.

I don't have any family near me and my wife is Canadian so we don't have anything planned for tomorrow. Probably just gonna slam brews, take poos, watch football, and eat pizza.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Godholio posted:

He meant the wife.

:thurman:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Mike-o posted:

gently caress god drat i want those cookies

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I've had two Thanksgivings at sea, and both of them were actually really good meals. It's nice to see what the cooks can do when they're not restricted by official Navy menus and allowed to have fun with it.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The potlucks we had in Japan for the single marines were always pretty good. Then again I actually liked the people I worked with and I didn't secretly wish for my leadership to be fed feet first into a jet engine

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Every overseas thanksgiving I had was: 1) get up hungover as gently caress. Crawl to the chow hall to have lunch with my dorm rats. 2) Go to boss NCO's house and eat with folks.

Tomorrow is the first chance to cook thanksgiving for myself. Girlfriend is not going home to the North East and endure snowpocolypse. I'm not driving to Utah to freeze my rear end off in regular mountain snow. We are both gonna have home cooking in California and tan on the balcony while we forget what cold is like this holiday.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

There's no snow unless you're up in the actual mountains. Gonna be like 50 for the next few days in the valley.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

My first Thanksgiving was in the Motel 6, broke as gently caress because I spent all my boot camp money driving across the country and the base housing office wasn't open until after the holiday. We had enough money to buy a bag of tortilla chips and some salsa and that's what we had for dinner.

I still buy chips and salsa every year as reminder of how lovely being poor was.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

R. Lee Ermey sells ringtones on his website. There's a code for a free one. Most are pretty tame but there are some f-bombs and so on.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Still the best ringtone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&t=203s

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My first Army Thanksgiving was in Airborne School. I ran into a dude who I was friends with in HS, and actually had a good time. One of my favorite thanksgivings, actually.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Saw Insterstellar. It was crazy.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So after hearing what my sister did for her turkey this thanksgiving I'm about 99% sure that poor bird caught on fire in the oven

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Bolow posted:

So after hearing what my sister did for her turkey this thanksgiving I'm about 99% sure that poor bird caught on fire in the oven

That's called baking?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
you should buy her a deep fryer setup but not tell her how to properly do it, she'd probably burn her neighborhood down.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I've deep fried 2 turkey's and it was loving terrifying both times.

It was also loving delicious

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Didn't William Shatner burn his house down trying to deep fry a turkey?

My wife made goose, and she loving nailed it. poo poo was loving awesome.

It's like the bird version of roast beef.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
you just gotta thaw the turkey fully, and measure the oil properly so it doesn't overflow once you drop the bird in there. It also helps to not do it in your garage attached to your house in case you do start an oil fire.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Yeah, it's really not that hard to not burn your house down frying a turkey. Measure the oil level, put the rig outside, and make sure the turkey is properly thawed. Boom, delicious turkey with no mayhem.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

If you aren't setting the neighborhood on fire, then what is the point?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
As a kid and well into my teenage years, I set fire to almost literally everything including countless parts of my body.

My parents kicked me into the downward spiral by getting me a Kosmos 4000 chemistry set when I was 13 thinking I was gonna get super smart.

I thanked them by almost laying everything they owned to the embers several times and never getting super smart.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
dunno about the rest of you, but i was casually trying to figure out where to buy salt peter so I could make smokebombs after downloading the anarchist cookbook when I was young. Napalm was easy because styrofoam was easy to come across, but I never made anything bigger than that.

Edit: My mom was asking me why I wanted to kill her once because I had a couch in my room, and under it were plans for a pinewood derby car with "hydraulics" I came up with from shits and giggles, and plans for thermite from the anarchist cookbook. They had nothing to do with each other, but she tried to put two and two together from it.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Nov 29, 2014

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The anarchist's cookbook sucked for germans because 90% of the effort you put in was figuring out what the gently caress the equivalent for some american brandname product was or - at the very least - what relevant ingredient was in said product.

Uh...what do you want me to buy in my little german podunk shithole? Hexamine fuel tablets?

Yeah, let me just take half a year to figure out what I need to look for is ESBIT TROCKENSPIRITUS

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If you mix equal parts of gasoline and frozen orange juice concentrate, you can make something useless that isn't napalm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

If you fill a water gun with lighter fluid you're well on your way to a flamethrower. Not entirely sure why that didn't explode in my hands, but that thing was loving cool the one time I was dumb enough to shoot it :haw:

• Locked thread