Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

ITT we discuss the systemic problems in the United States health care system and how it could be improved upon with jackbootery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Reporterman easily claims the first post.

Okay so you guys might know that this story http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/story/news/local/2014/10/27/sheriff-defends-use-armored-truck-stettin-seizure/18032369/ is from my neck of the woods.

Unsurprisingly Attorney Lister is a poor lawyer who has had his licenses suspended multiple times for being a very poor attorney https://lawyerhistory.wicourts.gov/attorneys/1017025 and I'm taking all of this with a massive grain of salt. They've only used that truck 55 times since they got it 3 years ago and I can't see the sheriff sending it out without a good reason like he says in the article.

I'm on the side of the deputies until Lister's got compelling evidence that there was a violation.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
camoflauge is P stupid for police though. They either know your comin or they don't in which case all the digital greens and browns in the world aren't gonna make a bit of difference. 55 times in 3 years is pretty decent amount of times for a county that size. Personally I don't think law enforcement should be getting involved in civil matters at all, especially when it comes to collecting a judgement. Unfortunately a lot of states have statutory responsibilities for Sheriffs that include civil stuff.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Our snipers wear digi cam but the rest of the team is just in greens.

Our MRAP just got painted flat black btw, and if anyone asks it's a "high water rescue vehicle"

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Branis posted:

camoflauge is P stupid for police though. They either know your comin or they don't in which case all the digital greens and browns in the world aren't gonna make a bit of difference. 55 times in 3 years is pretty decent amount of times for a county that size. Personally I don't think law enforcement should be getting involved in civil matters at all, especially when it comes to collecting a judgement. Unfortunately a lot of states have statutory responsibilities for Sheriffs that include civil stuff.

When you're looking at Unincorporated Townships in Wisconsin, the sheriff's department is the defacto law enforcement for the area, and yeah they've got enforcement over sheriff's sales and stuff like that. Also since the county also covers responses for a few other areas under the Mutual Aid Agreements, I'm not sure how many of those 55 were to places outside the county.

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

beanieson posted:

ITT we discuss the systemic problems in the United States health care system and how it could be improved upon with jackbootery.

gently caress gasmasks/respirators forever.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
The only time I'm okay with camo on cops is for tactical response in rural areas where you might actually need it.

If I see camo in a city I'm immediately thinking you're a goof.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Homie S posted:

gently caress gasmasks/respirators forever.

True. I never knew a face could sweat so much.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Our TAC Team uniforms are OD green because black is "too scary"

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Whale Cancer posted:

Our TAC Team uniforms are OD green because black is "too scary"

I think people would be surprised at how many uniform choices are selected because the alternative is "too scary".

I couldn't wear an external vest carrier at my last PD because the chief thought they were "too tactical looking".

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I generally consider myself somewhat of a traditionalist when it comes to uniforms, like i'd hate to see T shirts jeans and external carriers become the uniform of the day, but I'd really love to see us do away with polyester button down shirts and go to something like a polo with badge and patches just for a comfort point of view.
this looks comfortable and professional, minus the painted titties.

Branis fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 1, 2014

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Green & black is less scary than camo right? I'm the sexy one with swagger.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
too many white cops. You need to diversify your swat team son.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

the photojournalist asked all the black cops to step out of frame. It's part of the systemic racism we see throughout today's media.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
I always hated polo shirts.

Button down, tie, all kinds of shiny pins, polished boots, and a hat.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
Dickies and mock turtlenecks over ties anyday.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Spandex shorts, tank tops, tac vests, campaign hats 24/7/365

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

DrakeriderCa posted:

jock straps, tank tops, battle belts, campaign hats 24/7/365

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEsZkTTgydc

even the poo poo talking sounds classy when you throw in an accent.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That's a clear asset forfeiture case, better call in the tac unit to clear the scene

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

That's not a vehicle stop for you is it?

I'm confident that's not your picture.
A) steering wheel on wrong side
B) btp don't stop vehicles other than those which run on tracks. Surely.

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.

chartley posted:

I'm confident that's not your picture.

Plus the fact that the speedometer is in MPH and I'm pretty sure that's a ford.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Thesoldier posted:

we measure poo poo in MPH as well, its the rest of the euros that seem to get hard for KPH

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Hezzy posted:

we measure poo poo in MPH as well, its the rest of the euros that seem to get hard for KPH

I keep mixing KPH and MPH up, that's why I have 9 points on my license and can't touch a police vehicle until March. I blame the EU.

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Thesoldier posted:

Reminds me of the new Ford Explorer I used to drive.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

I keep mixing KPH and MPH up, that's why I have 9 points on my license and can't touch a police vehicle until March. I blame the EU.

What a great statutory defence. That would never work. As a wannabe traffic wank, shame on you but that's for the work returns.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

chartley posted:

What a great statutory defence. That would never work. As a wannabe traffic wank, shame on you but that's for the work returns.

Er, pretty sure it would wash with some of the UKIP supporters in the home county mags courts.

I literally got 3 points the morning I was going to attest. Had to fill out a declarable form for that one even though I was a good 2 hours short of being a police officer. It's a piece of piss to get points in London because there are cameras everywhere and loads of sneaky 20mph zones.

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

The medical weed bill did not get passed in Florida. Right after hearing the news, I made three weed arrests :smug:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Thesoldier posted:

The medical weed bill did not get passed in Florida. Right after hearing the news, I made three weed arrests :smug:

I love a story with a happy ending.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Thesoldier posted:

It passed in D.C... So don't forget to bring it with you to VA. We'll totally be ok with it! I promise!

Hahahahaha. Just kidding, enjoy your up to a year in jail dude.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Thesoldier posted:

Gotta love how 57% of people saying yes actually equals no in Florida.

Also, congress will most likely override what the voters said in DC, because gently caress what people want.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
football dot avi

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2014-11-05/up-to-one-hundred-hooligans-involved-in-derby-clash/

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

home sweet home :kiddo:

http://vimeo.com/110935908

https://vimeo.com/110935908

beanieson fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 5, 2014

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Reign Of Pain posted:

Also, congress will most likely override what the voters said in DC, because gently caress what people want.

Alaska legalized it!

I've been told repeatedly that I can't partake...

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Reign Of Pain posted:

The problem is the law was very poorly written, and I think they did it intentionally so it would not pass. If it passed you literally could get prescription weed because of pain from a stubbed toe.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Thesoldier posted:

The problem is the law was very poorly written, and I think they did it intentionally so it would not pass. If it passed you literally could get prescription weed because of pain from a stubbed toe.

I... have no problem with this.

'cause I'm one clumsy sumbitch.

(I stubbed my toe typing this.)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Thesoldier posted:

That's not at all what it meant and you're just buying into propaganda. The regulations would follow passage of the amendment. Specifically from the text itself:

quote:

(1) “Debilitating Medical Condition” means cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Crohn's disease, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis or other conditions for which a physician believes that the medical use of marijuana would likely outweigh the potential health risks for a patient.

Yes, it is open ended because they can't list everything. There isn't any way, though, that the regulation from the department in charge would construe this to mean that a stubbed toe is a debilitating medical condition.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Weed is good and everyone should have it qtiyd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

beanieson posted:

Weed is good and everyone should have it qtiyd

• Locked thread