Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

beanieson posted:

Weed is good and everyone should have it qtiyd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

beanieson posted:

Weed is good and everyone should have it qtiyd

gently caress rehab

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Why did it take an amendment to the state constitution for passage? Why wasn't it if the vote was 50.1% means yes?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Florida Constitution Section 2.1

"DRUGS ARE BAD, MMMKAY".

Gotta change that poo poo somehow.

It's Florida.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Reign Of Pain posted:

Why did it take an amendment to the state constitution for passage? Why wasn't it if the vote was 50.1% means yes?

A constitutional amendment is the only way to add a law in florida via referendum. It needs a 60% majority because of an amendment passed in 2004 that changed it from needing a simple majority. That amendment passed with 58% of the vote.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

A constitutional amendment is the only way to add a law in florida via referendum. It needs a 60% majority because of an amendment passed in 2004 that changed it from needing a simple majority. That amendment passed with 58% of the vote.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
lol good job Gwent Police http://rt.com/uk/203279-police-pepper-spray-kids/

quote:

Welsh police pepper spray 4- & 5-yo kids in botched weapons demonstration

Gwent Police accidentally sprayed a class of four and five year olds with pepper spray at a school in Wales during a botched weapons demonstration. The weapons were accidentally deployed during a visit from officers to Ysgol Gymraeg Gilfach Fargoed, in Bargoed, Caerphilly, while giving a lesson on police equipment.

The officers were reportedly intending to demonstrate the use of pepper spray using a mock PAVA spray, but accidentally discharged a real canister. Eight pupils aged four and five were hit with the spray, which causes the eyes to close and is extremely painful.

None of the children required hospital treatment, but parents were urged to seek medical assistance if they had concerns about their children’s welfare. One parent said that although she was unimpressed with the officers’ conduct, she believed the discharge of chemicals was “a genuine mistake.”

“My son was in the class when the pepper spray was released. We had a phone call from the school to say it had happened. I'm not happy about it, but at the same time, it seems to be a genuine mistake.”

A spokesperson for the police said that “parents were contacted by a senior officer to explain what happened, discuss any concerns, and offer our sincere apologies.”

In a similar case, a 7-year-old girl was injured during a weapons demonstration on November 6 at a police station in Nottinghamshire.

The girl, who remains unnamed, reportedly received a cut lip after an ammunition cartridge fell and bounced as a gun was fired. She was touring a police station in Sherwood Lodge, the headquarters of the Nottinghamshire Police Force.

The incidents have sparked calls for an investigation into the safety of weapon demonstrations.

Caerphilly Council representative Tudor Davies said an inquiry into the incident was necessary, saying, “You don’t pepper spray children, at the end of the day.” The accidental discharge of chemicals occurred on October 30, but details were not publicly available until the story got out on November 6.

The police spokesperson said modifications were being made to weapons demonstration procedure.

Strongly disagree with Caerphilly Council representative Tudor Davies imo. Also all american copgoons please record yourselves trying to say " Ysgol Gymraeg Gilfach Fargoed, in Bargoed, Caerphilly" tia

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

lol good job Gwent Police http://rt.com/uk/203279-police-pepper-spray-kids/

Strongly disagree with Caerphilly Council representative Tudor Davies imo. Also all american copgoons please record yourselves trying to say " Ysgol Gymraeg Gilfach Fargoed, in Bargoed, Caerphilly" tia

I'm pretty sure you won't get many takers on calling dread Cthulhu back to wakefulness there.

Can't *really* call it a botch. poo poo worked just fine, and it's better to find out that it'll stop an agitated five-year-old in a demo than in a real riot or assault.

Just like accidentally loading the "Less Lethal" shotgun with 000 3" Mag Goosefuckers, can happen to anyone...

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Every 1st grade teacher now secretly or openly wishes they could deploy pepper spray in the classroom.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Guys, stop.

Think of Grem.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Gwent Police have also managed to kill a man with a tazer for eating out his girlfriend (I skim read the article)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-29957977

There are now shitloads of people demanding that we suspend the use of tazers.

I'm hoping that by Monday, Gwent police won't have tazers or PAVA spray so the public can really see what happens when a slag get's tuned up with a steel ASP

Bernard McFacknutah fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 7, 2014

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Gwent Police have also managed to kill a man with a tazer for eating out his girlfriend (I skim read the article)

lol gross

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Yep, they've been pretty busy for a force with 1300 officers. At least it gives us a week out of the press so our hate crimes go unnoticed until the Sunday papers.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
News Headlines: EVIL JACKBOOTED THUG AWFUL COPS ARREST 90 YEAR OLD MAN FOR FEEDING HOMELESS.

After church purposefully tried to call the City's bluff and flagrantly and intentionally violate the new law. Cameras were already there huh? Hmmm.

Untagged fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 8, 2014

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
That geezer had a huge soup spoon on him, he's lucky he didn't get tased and/or shot.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

beanieson posted:

That geezer had a huge soup spoon on him, he's lucky he didn't get tased and/or shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRKEc2AfWOs

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Untagged posted:

News Headlines: EVIL JACKBOOTED THUG AWFUL COPS ARREST 90 YEAR OLD MAN FOR FEEDING HOMELESS.

After church purposefully tried to call the City's bluff and flagrantly and intentionally violate the new law. Cameras were already there huh? Hmmm.

The dude was baiting the cops on that one to be sure, and hopefully they handled the guy with kid gloves as much as possible, but that IS a lovely law. It's a problem with the city, though, not law enforcement.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
seriously who gives a gently caress that a guy is feeding homeless people. gently caress all city councils who lord over their cities like little kings and make laws to protect their precious property values. The day I write a city ordinance ticket is the day I hand in my loving badge and sell used cars. One of the mayors in my county has a loving poo poo fit about campers and trailers being parked on the street for more than 24 hours, to the point where he chalks tires and calls us the second 24 hours runs up. Hes a bastard and all his kind are bastards. He was also a senior NCO in the SD air guard so i'm sure its all par for the course there about being a petty dick.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Shooting Blanks posted:

The dude was baiting the cops on that one to be sure, and hopefully they handled the guy with kid gloves as much as possible, but that IS a lovely law. It's a problem with the city, though, not law enforcement.

Yeah, I agree. Problem is everywhere says ARREST ARREST ARREST. So people are of course angry at the cops for yoking the old dude up taking him to jail and throwing away the key. Except they took the plates out of their hands, walked them to the side, and wrote him and the other guy a ticket. :ssh:.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Homeless people should starve end of story case closed book em dano.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
gently caress "I drink but I'm a professional so I can totally drive drunk better than the other drunks" conversations forever.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

GunForumMeme posted:

gently caress "I drink but I'm a professional so I can totally drive drunk better than the other drunks" conversations forever.

Especially when they're with family members at gatherings when people want to pick an argument with you because of all their dumb cop stories and how they're harassed but "you're different than those other cops". No, I'm not, I'd have done the same thing as the cops in your story, stop being a dumbass maybe?

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
I didn't have the heart to tell him that here in thesoldier territory, no one is safe.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Especially when they're with family members at gatherings when people want to pick an argument with you because of all their dumb cop stories and how they're harassed but "you're different than those other cops". No, I'm not, I'd have done the same thing as the cops in your story, stop being a dumbass maybe?

This a million times

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I just skip family gatherings all together, mostly because there is a significant portion of my family that I would not be suprised to hear they got shot by the cops during a stand off. I come from pretty hearty white trash DNA.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

I come from pretty hearty white trash DNA.

same

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

GunForumMeme posted:

Ugh I hate that poo poo

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

DrakeriderCa posted:

Ugh I hate that poo poo

This is a nice moment for me to chip in with the news that over here the drink drive limit is being reduced to 22 micro grams alcohol per 100 of breath. A pretty serious drop from 35 before.

Going to get quite a few more folk I suspect. Hopefully we can get drink driving all but removed

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

That's what you get, you get fork stabbed.

Same on one side of the family, with a generous splash of crazy Doomsday Prepper/Sovereign Citizen mentality. Rich, heavy drinking gun nuts who don't think they need drivers licenses or concealed carry permits. Neat.

This is why I was dreading getting asked "Would you ticket your mother for speeding or arrest your mother for smoking marijuana?" type questions at the oral boards. Everyone told me the best answer is "no", because only liars say "yes" and no one would actually cite/arrest their own mother unless they are a complete dick (who probably shouldn't be police).

But I'd totally arrest my mom.

Glad they didn't ask me that question, I guess.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

My friends don't understand why I refuse to have one drink when I DD. Sorry guys, I've seen too many lives ruined by choosing the least drunk guy to drive home.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Grem posted:

My friends don't understand why I refuse to have one drink when I DD. Sorry guys, I've seen too many lives ruined by choosing the least drunk guy to drive home.

Hey Prez, what's with the 30 second cameo on Boardwalk Empire? I was all pumped up to see you as Elliot Ness and then bam, seasons over, you never showed up again :(

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

beanieson posted:

Hey Prez, what's with the 30 second cameo on Boardwalk Empire? I was all pumped up to see you as Elliot Ness and then bam, seasons over, you never showed up again :(

There's a parallel between Ness and Season 5 Capone. It would've been redundant to commit an entire season's worth of Chicago scenes to TWO media whores.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Yea, but still.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Branis posted:

I come from pretty hearty white trash DNA.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Grem posted:

Wut

How are you remotely "drunk" from one drink? Are you like 120lbs?

I've drank two pints of beer in 30 minutes and blown almost zero on a roadside ASD at a checkstop right outside the bar.

I'm a big guy and I don't feel much from two drinks, so that's my limit. It definitely isn't impeding my ability to operate a vehicle by a noticeable or probably even measurable amount.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I actually drive better when I'm :can:

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
I've got a BAC app on my phone. So long as I'm not feeling buzzed and the app says in <.04 I'm good to go.

Especially down here in thesoldier territory. Im pretty sure he was in inspiration for the Ad Council DUI spots with the invisible cop.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I had a splendid day at a war memorial, spoke to some bad-rear end 90 yearolds who ran the Arctic convoys to Murmansk, watched all the ex-soviet ambassadors turn up and place wreaths (apart from Georgia and Ukraine who won't have theirs next to the russian one, which is sad) and then watched the old boys get tanked on rum and get a lift to the train station in meat wagons. A good day.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

chartley posted:

This is a nice moment for me to chip in with the news that over here the drink drive limit is being reduced to 22 micro grams alcohol per 100 of breath. A pretty serious drop from 35 before.

Going to get quite a few more folk I suspect. Hopefully we can get drink driving all but removed

maybe someday you weirdos will stop calling it drink driving too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

maybe someday you weirdos will stop calling it drink driving too

It's like they don't understand past tense.

• Locked thread