Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Whale Cancer posted:

Our TAC Team uniforms are OD green because black is "too scary"

I think people would be surprised at how many uniform choices are selected because the alternative is "too scary".

I couldn't wear an external vest carrier at my last PD because the chief thought they were "too tactical looking".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
Dickies and mock turtlenecks over ties anyday.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Thesoldier posted:

The medical weed bill did not get passed in Florida. Right after hearing the news, I made three weed arrests :smug:

I love a story with a happy ending.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

GunForumMeme posted:

gently caress "I drink but I'm a professional so I can totally drive drunk better than the other drunks" conversations forever.

Especially when they're with family members at gatherings when people want to pick an argument with you because of all their dumb cop stories and how they're harassed but "you're different than those other cops". No, I'm not, I'd have done the same thing as the cops in your story, stop being a dumbass maybe?

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

maybe someday you weirdos will stop calling it drink driving too

It's like they don't understand past tense.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

I prefer a stick to a flappy paddle

November Cop lounge: post your kink

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Untagged posted:

totally wood

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

I'm thankful for veterans but more importantly I'm thankful for triple OT.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Pilot to Gunner posted:

Their website describes it as "Situational Judgment and Human Relations Video Test, a multiple-choice test that portrays situations commonly faced in law enforcement. Candidates are required to analyze situations and make quick judgments about how to respond" which is about right. Short video clip plays, it freezes at the decision making point, you have a few seconds to answer, next video starts. Not supposed to repeat any of the exact scenarios but they fell into some general categories like: adhering to or deviating from protocol, interacting with the public, discretion in warning vs arresting, when to use force, your attitude in your approach (stern or friendly), following chain of command, dealing with dick coworkers. Reminded me of a police version of CYOA books.

The choices are kind of vague. Like one might be ethically right but against departmental policy, or something a friendly/lenient cop would do vs what a stern stickler would do, etc. They don't say which questions you scored high or low on, you just get your overall percent back if you pass... I still have no idea what they were looking for or why so many cops failed.

I took a written test like this with a non cop buddy of mine. He passed and I (with 7 years experience ) failed. I still have no idea what they were looking for and it bothered me for awhile, because I felt like I answered honestly and what the best choice would be given the circumstances. The way I answered is still how I would handle those situations if they arose now at my current PD.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Serious question what movie

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

So, I nicked a student from Florida on Saturday night. I won't go in to particulars as he is due in court later but one of the offenses was assault on police after he kneed a senior officer in the groin after telling the custody Sergeant to suck his dick. Because of his diminutive size he was just placed in cuffs, didn't even hit the deck. I'm just curious what would happen if someone kneed a lieutenant in the balls in a Florida police station/gaol? He said 'Nothing' is what would have happened.

He'd probably have been shot.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

We were hoping this would have been the answer.

Apparently the silly boy has missed his flight home and his deportation ordered. Won't ever be allowed into the UK again I don't doubt.

The last time a guy grabbed a cop by the balls his face was unrecognizable from the beating. I don't remember it but it was national news and you could probably dig it up in google.

Nice pinch by the way.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

`Nemesis posted:

Every good cop has a drop gun.

They hand them out at our academy graduation ceremony. Some guys use them in the first year but then you have to use uniform allowance to buy another :doh:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Justin Godscock posted:

they do, just not for long

Always getting screwed out of OT... :(

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

GunForumMeme posted:

That would work.

I legit don't feel comfortable giving out my address for something like this. I wouldn't want some ACAB guy to get my address, or worse, smiling jack, who would send me a Romney bumper sticker and a noose to hang myself.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Man I hate getting vanilla checks without OT.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Run, hide, tell???

:wtf:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Untagged posted:

They can't get a hold of a trooper after the shots fire emergency calls.

He was found.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

WreckSov posted:

Not the toys r us :(

Save the legos!

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Untagged posted:

People want to hate the police so hard they can't see through their own bullshit to realize what just happened.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Whip has gone back to posting under his parachue account, Cole

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Reign Of Pain posted:

Dec.'14 Police Officer Thread: Donate to Darren Wilson's Kickstarter in here

Surprisingly we didn't get many death threats in this thread. Are we losing our touch?

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

chartley posted:

There is a time and a place for swearing at work. Many of the people I interact with both general public and suspects swear a lot. It is just part of their vocabulary.

Agreed. You have to tailor your communication to the group of people you're interacting with.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

They probably had extra cars out because of the COPS crew.

But really we are just incredibly bored and looking for any reason to get to shoot someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

SHUT IT DOWN

SHUT IT DOWN

BURN THIS BITCH DOWN

WHOSE STREET?

OUR STREET!

NOT THE POLICE STREET!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3685080

The Shep fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Dec 1, 2014

• Locked thread