Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Reporterman easily claims the first post.

Okay so you guys might know that this story http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/story/news/local/2014/10/27/sheriff-defends-use-armored-truck-stettin-seizure/18032369/ is from my neck of the woods.

Unsurprisingly Attorney Lister is a poor lawyer who has had his licenses suspended multiple times for being a very poor attorney https://lawyerhistory.wicourts.gov/attorneys/1017025 and I'm taking all of this with a massive grain of salt. They've only used that truck 55 times since they got it 3 years ago and I can't see the sheriff sending it out without a good reason like he says in the article.

I'm on the side of the deputies until Lister's got compelling evidence that there was a violation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Branis posted:

camoflauge is P stupid for police though. They either know your comin or they don't in which case all the digital greens and browns in the world aren't gonna make a bit of difference. 55 times in 3 years is pretty decent amount of times for a county that size. Personally I don't think law enforcement should be getting involved in civil matters at all, especially when it comes to collecting a judgement. Unfortunately a lot of states have statutory responsibilities for Sheriffs that include civil stuff.

When you're looking at Unincorporated Townships in Wisconsin, the sheriff's department is the defacto law enforcement for the area, and yeah they've got enforcement over sheriff's sales and stuff like that. Also since the county also covers responses for a few other areas under the Mutual Aid Agreements, I'm not sure how many of those 55 were to places outside the county.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That's a clear asset forfeiture case, better call in the tac unit to clear the scene

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They made me go in to do the morning news shift today, got to talk about Ferguson for like 3 hours interspersed with BUTTERBALL TURKEY and OH GOD HARTFORD IS WITHOUT POWER

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So as it turns out the lawyer that started that big stink here in Wisconsin about the armored truck at the old fellows house to help with the property enforcement is in fact up in front of the state supreme court to get his license yanked for being a scummy attorney. Accusations include sleeping with clients and not returning left over client fees.:confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
December posting gently caress the police

• Locked thread