Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

My friends don't understand why I refuse to have one drink when I DD. Sorry guys, I've seen too many lives ruined by choosing the least drunk guy to drive home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

DrakeriderCa posted:

Wut

How are you remotely "drunk" from one drink? Are you like 120lbs?

I've drank two pints of beer in 30 minutes and blown almost zero on a roadside ASD at a checkstop right outside the bar.

I'm a big guy and I don't feel much from two drinks, so that's my limit. It definitely isn't impeding my ability to operate a vehicle by a noticeable or probably even measurable amount.

I didn't say I was drunk, I just error on the side of caution since I can't badge out of poo poo anymore, yo.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

gently caress man Michelle Rodriguez was in SWAT show some loving RESPECT

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Pilot to Gunner posted:

Their website describes it as "Situational Judgment and Human Relations Video Test, a multiple-choice test that portrays situations commonly faced in law enforcement. Candidates are required to analyze situations and make quick judgments about how to respond" which is about right. Short video clip plays, it freezes at the decision making point, you have a few seconds to answer, next video starts. Not supposed to repeat any of the exact scenarios but they fell into some general categories like: adhering to or deviating from protocol, interacting with the public, discretion in warning vs arresting, when to use force, your attitude in your approach (stern or friendly), following chain of command, dealing with dick coworkers. Reminded me of a police version of CYOA books.

The choices are kind of vague. Like one might be ethically right but against departmental policy, or something a friendly/lenient cop would do vs what a stern stickler would do, etc. They don't say which questions you scored high or low on, you just get your overall percent back if you pass... I still have no idea what they were looking for or why so many cops failed.

I'm pretty sure I did something like this, and the way I got through it was to always "ask a supervisor" if it was an option, if not an option, then just do what the stickler would do. I think a lot of people think the answers they're looking for are a kinder, gentler police force, but that didn't get them very high scores. We could be talking about two totally different things, though.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Today I'm shaving for the first time in 4 months!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I shaved my legs and arms too drat these silk sheets feel good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Watching these streams and these "riots" are kinda weak. Half these rioters don't look like they could run from the police if they got a half mile head start.

e: also stay safe guys on your mandatory overtime

Grem fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Nov 25, 2014

• Locked thread