Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

That's not a vehicle stop for you is it?

I'm confident that's not your picture.
A) steering wheel on wrong side
B) btp don't stop vehicles other than those which run on tracks. Surely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

I keep mixing KPH and MPH up, that's why I have 9 points on my license and can't touch a police vehicle until March. I blame the EU.

What a great statutory defence. That would never work. As a wannabe traffic wank, shame on you but that's for the work returns.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

DrakeriderCa posted:

Ugh I hate that poo poo

This is a nice moment for me to chip in with the news that over here the drink drive limit is being reduced to 22 micro grams alcohol per 100 of breath. A pretty serious drop from 35 before.

Going to get quite a few more folk I suspect. Hopefully we can get drink driving all but removed

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

maybe someday you weirdos will stop calling it drink driving too

But it's surely just a contraction of drink(ing) and driving. Seems to make sense to me.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Do you guys north of the border differentiate between driving whilst having drunk too much and drunk and/or drug driving? Lowering the drink drive limit is a good idea, I'm a fairly large guy and after a single pint of export larger I know my reaction times are slower but I wouldn't be over the limit.

Our legislation for drink driving and being impaired by drugs is the same as you guys. This change to the limit is the first divergence.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Branis posted:

I think that's called trainspotting in scotland.

Train spotting is my working life.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

I thought it was only Hezzy who worked for the BTP?

Boom tish!

All joking aside it's a bleak world at times. Lucky it's also rewarding, fun and eventful at moments.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Hezzy posted:

You guys should try PAVA. It's literally chili that goes into your eyes.

I've heard rumours at work we are set to get pava to replace cs. Supposedly it isn't effective against multiple assailants. Is that true?

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

GunForumMeme posted:

Come on over. We'll get the tea brewing.

Mother fucker. Now the scottish are after you too. I don't really care about monarchy but don't be wasting delicious, precious, wonderful tea.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

TCD posted:

Ahahahaha...

I've tried a ton of beer around the world, and Brit beer stands near the bottom - in fact, I'd say most East African beers are better that have a Belgium influence then that of all the British ales, lagers, and cask ales. Considering the micro and macro (micro beers that have made it), the US kicks the poo poo out of the UK like we're reliving Yorktown all over again.

I've been searching high and low for good micro beer in the UK, and while I've found some decent ones, I'm sorry to say even my small town of 50,000 people still makes better beer than the whole of this island.

If you can source some Williams Brothers Ceaser Augustas or joker you'll be winning. Could drink the former til my eyes floated out.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae
There is a time and a place for swearing at work. Many of the people I interact with both general public and suspects swear a lot. It is just part of their vocabulary.

Swearing can also have effect as tactical communication to get a point across. I don't use it inappropriately and as a consequence hope to be free from complaint. Hopefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Agreed. You have to tailor your communication to the group of people you're interacting with.

Always key to know your audience. Just so happens mine at work respond best to more direct conversation. Tactical communication and all that. I think it can even break barriers a bit. If I talk very formal and polite there's a good chance theyd percieve me to be taking the piss and be upset.

If I move area of work I'll certainly have to retrain my go to vocab.

• Locked thread