Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
The reserves is fun. I get calls from Chiefs from different units wondering where the hell I've been for the past few months, and that I need evals and that my NOB 1 day eval isn't good enough. That sorta(???) gets figured out. Then saturday some IS1 is asking where I was and that I was transferred to IDC Southwest the day prior. Cool I totally knew that man. Find out my Senior Chief knows their Senior Chief and he has me in their unit for ~reasons~ and also I can't change EDM because their drill date already happened. So I get to call the magical RESPAY department and figure out what the gently caress is going on. Apparently when I came to my unit straight from A-School, some PS2 hosed up and threw me in the wrong unit, and my Senior Chief was "on it." YEAAAAAAAH reserve life. Also super cool of them to only give me lodging for 13 out of 14 AT days and Citi bank to not tell me until 3 months later so I had to pay a stupid amount of late fees. Also a bunch of people get to go to Molesworth for a year to do IT/CT work but not me because I haven't gone to Opelint classes, and neither have the other 3 people and it's not even necessary. At least they were cool with me leaving in the middle of the PRT for my babies birth and my CO likes to talk to me about Doctor Who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

KetTarma posted:

Ehh... It's not that bad. I've found that it's been a pretty good way to get affordable healthcare while being a college student. I couldn't imagine doing it if you had a regular job though.

Its actually not all that bad, it's just super annoying how dumb it is just for me to check emails and do 'training exercises' to try and want to do cool poo poo but ultimately not able to, and it's a string of dumb-dumb stuff going on at one drill week without me knowing.

Nick Soapdish posted:

I could write you a long post about the reserve side, and active side since you mentioned Molesworth, but my give-a-gently caress is at 0.1 with drill weekend just completed. All I can say is, welcome to the reserves, it only gets worse.

PS - With the Citibank problem, you learned a valuable lesson that no one cares about you and that if you don't look out for yourself you will be hosed money wise.

PPS - If your CO's favorite Doctor is a modern one, spit a nice one in his face. He'll know why.

He likes TEN. TEEEEEEEEN. He's never even seen classic Who. As far as Citibank, I was pretty much told the same thing by my CoC, 'Oh that poo poo happened? that sucks, deal with it man.'

• Locked thread