Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

squarerandom posted:

Words, words, words

I could write you a long post about the reserve side, and active side since you mentioned Molesworth, but my give-a-gently caress is at 0.1 with drill weekend just completed. All I can say is, welcome to the reserves, it only gets worse.

PS - With the Citibank problem, you learned a valuable lesson that no one cares about you and that if you don't look out for yourself you will be hosed money wise.

PPS - If your CO's favorite Doctor is a modern one, spit a nice one in his face. He'll know why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Zotix posted:

So I signed for AECF Reserves today. Please tell me I didn't make a huge mistake.

You're probably going to be one of the guys I have to counsel about what to go RC->AD. Enjoy!

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

PneumonicBook posted:

Today was the first day it snowed in Great Lakes.

Have fun.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

poopkitty posted:

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-groton-sub-base-police-20141113-story.html

"The suspect, who was not identified, was not injured but two Navy civilian police officers were wounded by the ricochet of bullets." :lol:

They actually give those contract, rent-a-cops ammo? I thought they were like Barney Fifes.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Seeing as how the current events thread got gassed, just wanted to commend our JAG on yelling into the wind/brickwall in the Ferguson thread, you have the patience of a saint.

Edit: As a clarification, I don't want to bring that discussion here, just wanted to recognize someone weighing in with expert knowledge against a bunch of IANAL talk.

Nick Soapdish fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Nov 20, 2014

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

KetTarma posted:

We have a PRIDE STORE where you can spend cash or company scrip.

I was interviewing at a large company in the DFW area here and they had some people from the tech group take two of us around to see the data center and other stuff afterward. When they said, "the company story is next to the cafeteria," I might have not stifled the laugh thinking of paying with script for polos and lanyards.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Got a call earlier tonight from a guy who worked for me at my last active command. Instead of being a selfish bastard who was just about to serve dinner (slow cooker beef stew) to my significant other, I answered.

He has less than a year left on his first term contract, just picked up First, and was getting those thoughts about reenlisting instead of getting out as planned and going back to college. Walked him through the idea that "you are doing what everyone normal person who is good at their job and doesn't totally hate the Navy does" and got him to think if 3 more years of steady pay would get him to his actual final goal. Almost certain, I was able to correct his course back to free money, wo/men, and university.

Prologue: Ate delicious dinner, have three leftover servings, drank wine, played Smash Bros, had adult fun time afterward.

Mission accomplished on all accounts. Drinking continues, going to switch to Far Cry 4 and cause mass extinction.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving GiP Sailors, hope those on duty had people bring reheated turkey. For the rest of us, booze and gluttony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

PneumonicBook posted:

Odds are good they'll just rerate you fc. We have a bunch of former sub guys going through fc a right now. They're terrible people.

Yep, checks out.

• Locked thread