Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Analogical posted:

Another cycle, another batch of 4-months-onboard sailors who haven't actually done the job yet getting selected over the CTI3s who have worked with me for over a year.

Not even looking at Facebook today to avoid this drama train. I do like how as soon as someone gets selected two opinions suddenly form:

1) I didn't even want 2nd ;D
2) I didn't even study

Regardless of telling everyone during test week how much you were studying and then continuing to talk about deserving a promotion up until you actually got it.

God drat do I love the Navy.

gently caress, tell me about it. One of my trainees fresh to my shop picked up over some folks that've been here a year longer than me. Whatever, at least I got it this time :toot:. The CTI test is bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Analogical posted:

Our E6 advancement was complete trash this cycle too comparatively. 124 eligible and 12% because "hurrrr durrrr we're at war with like the Middle Eeest rite? We gotta GIT MORE ARAB LINGUI-- wait poo poo its over, go the gently caress home you plebs" while all the other languages who have proper manning numbers laughed at our scramble.

Most(!) of the Arab lings I know aren't even functioning as arabic linguists in any regard and are basically IS or CTRs. You'd think they could dump us into a new UIC for non-rate analyst and leave us alone.

Yeah man I hear you. Every arling I know seems to be getting flipped around between shops at a moment's notice. The fact that you share a group with us Farsi folks, or especially the Heblings is just strange given how much more dynamic your poo poo all is, broadly speaking.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

I fuckin love money.

get paid

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Analogical posted:

My command has a public masting for a girl who's friend left their bar-hopping group and had sex with someone while way too drunk and decided a week later this was a poor decision and later admitted this but never got called on it by a SAPR, the command or anyone else and made jokes about how bad her friend got hosed was raped, because she didn't watch her friend like a hawk.

I love our community.

• Locked thread