Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shipwrecks
Dec 31, 2008

Hey, I'm also in Lemoore at a lovely command. I made rank and am happy about it, am I doing it wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shipwrecks
Dec 31, 2008

Guess I'm in about the same spot then.

3 years in with less than a year left on my first term, and just picked up second. Picked 3 years of shore duty out of A-school and am in my window to pick orders to go sea duty for the first time. I didn't pick orders this month because I wasn't sure if I'd make second or not. Six months ago I was dead set on getting out and going back to school, so far as to try an get an early out for it. Now I've been wringing my hands about staying in for another two years, mostly because of the ~steady paycheck~ and "well, the Navy's not too bad, I guess." But I know I'm only saying this because I've been cushy shore desk job for the past 2 years and that it will change once I go to a squadron.

Still on the fence about it though. I've been trying to reason to myself that if I don't get "good" orders that I'm happy with I'm getting out. I just get this nagging feeling I don't want to be the rear end in a top hat who is like "hell yeah, I was in the Navy for a term but sat in the middle of California's rear end in a top hat the whole time."

Goons, talk some sense into me. Please.

• Locked thread