Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Hope you fuckers stood your Dress Blues inspections well. Now it's time for the true Naval Tradition we all love.

Also we are all gay.

Navy gay.

Errthang ghey.

I love you all unconditionally :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

bengy81 posted:

Least you could do is link the new thread in the old thread you inconsiderate gently caress.

I'm on duty because some people want to hold on to the dream that this is a hospital. I'll go post it in the old one though, m'pettyoffissaaaa.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Laranzu posted:

Don't care about anything. It's all a dumb game. I made it the entire time without them having any clue who I was

Seconding.

I got to the end when we were waiting about 2 weeks for another division to go to the final exercise before graduation and the RDCs didnt believe I was part of their group.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Laundry POs only left when they were going to pick up someones uniform from the sweat shop they sewed poo poo in. You can clean in a room by the side of the compartment. Battle stations you wont be running around any more. Expect to be snowed in and see someone break a leg marching on ice. A road guard in mine was on hold for 8 months waiting on his ankle to reform, when he slipped the RDCs still made him walk and it wasnt until the fourth night of him getting beat with the rest of the division that he cried and limped to medical for an X-ray after ABF1 P chewed him out for being a pussy. Unsurprisingly the HM1 that eventually made Chief was 100% useless most of the time.

The easiest gig in the division is likely EPO or as a corpsman for the division shuffling medical folders. That depends on if your division is smart or if theyre healthy. Laundry PO is easy too, but shuffling elbow deep into poo poo stained tighty whiteys isnt a good time. One of the guys vomited all over a washer when he smelled some of them through the mesh bags. Get to leave sometimes for the bigger loads or some of the uniforms requiring special care.

Easiest thing one kid did was go to medical and take off his guard belt whenever someone wasnt looking. He snuck an 8 point with him every time and no one ever questioned him, even snuck in a smoke once in a while. He was a loving idiot at anything else though.

Head crew got off with a lot, my friend Marius was on it and he would disappear to make some of the shitters and chrome shine. RDCs loved him because it was always spotless and he didnt give a poo poo because his life in Europe sucked.

Wash your hands as frequently as possible and enjoy your illness as you all gain herd infection and immunity from whatever people bring to share as a gift because at least one person is from a lovely little banana republic country.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

TheQuietWilds posted:

Getting "beat" was legitimately the only thing worth doing in boot camp. I don't know why people complain about working out, even if they're dumb lovely workouts. Do some pushups, don't be a fat, enjoy yourself.

Hahaha some of us ended up doing prison style workouts. We ended up getting chewed out about halfway through because the RDCs caught us with makeshift weights. Afterwards rhey wouldnt beat us as much and just punished us by making us stand at attention repeating stupid things they came up with like "Im a pussy punk bitch". Our brother division had the same thing happen, except with them their RDCs got tired of beating them and had other RDCs come in to beat them. They caught wind of our new form of punishment and implemented it, surprisingly it was very effective when we all realized we werent going to be as ripped as we imagined.

I also had my first ever "Reasons you dumbasses shouldnt be lifting the god drat racks" safety talk, preparing me for the many retarded Navy safety talks.

Couple of kids were caught loving on or around the barracks. One was by an officer in a stairwell. Another division was caught with a couple dudes sneaking into girl compartments in the middle of the night.

In real Navy news I imagine Im doing a PSA for the forums and any dudes that's friends with Navy goons by saying that if they're stationed at NAS Lemoore, and need to go to the emergency room, they should call 911 or if it isnt that serious for an ambulance ride to go to the ER in Hanford. They can also call the hospital at any time to receive the nurse advice line phone number. People seem to not realize that we no longer have an ER and leave pissed off because "I re-enlisted for this poo poo wtf!".

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

One of my friends went up for Sonar tech, they had a waiver for his pot but nothing for the copious amounts of lsd he enjoyed. When he admitted to taking numerous hits at various strengths every couple of weeks they just let him go because he was "insane".

Anyway:
http://www.navytimes.com/article/20141102/NEWS/311020026/Report-Squadron-CMC-kissed-hit-his-sailors

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

I'd aim to be a noble if it meant I could be a :commissar: just cause the hat's cool.

Y'all done the reefer don't try and lie :clint:

We should get a version of :chiefsay: that's :clint: for cool chiefs that enter our lives, the unicorns of the fleet.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Zotix posted:

So I signed for AECF Reserves today. Please tell me I didn't make a huge mistake.

You didn't make a huge mistake. :negative:

I'll always be here if you need to talk to someone about the terrible experience you've opened yourself up to <3

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

God drat, for my HM3 to take OCONUS leave to Canada he needs our COs thumbs up. For him to have left Sicily and head to Scotland he just needed his department head's nod. Poor dude, America bores the hell out of him. Last time he asked to go on Leave to some places he had visited before, everyone just sat on it asking him a million questions about why he was going and he had to cancel it after several months of waiting because the tickets got expensive. Not like everything is going to fall apart without him.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Null Integer posted:

TEMPDU at the Hospital... Why didn't they warn me everyone is retarded? WHY DIDN'T THEY WARN ME!

Lol, if you read all my posts you would have realized how retarded everyone is. Hell, I know dudes that wrote up statements against someone else because they were borrowing money sneaky-like and they weren't allowed to receive copies of those statements. There was a write up for my good conduct award, which are all given to people at command quarters every week and they I only just received it the other day after 10 months of it sitting in a desk somewhere. Some poor dudes give their corpsmen their medical records to make copies of poo poo when they separate to receive care at the VA and are turned away the day before they separate just because someone didn't do their job and they're too lazy to make copies to give it to the dudes continuing care on the outside. You call one person and get passed around, waiting on hold while you're just trying to figure out where you need to go. It still hasn't gotten out to some dependents that the closest ER is 20+ miles away, so they get pissed off when they walk in with a busted lip or they're feeling chest pains and are getting weaker and the dude at whatever desk they walked up to has to call the ambulance. Corpsmen's power to book appointments is taken away so that some civilian can get hired on to book stuff and the corpsmen get chewed out because appointment scheduling is all sorts of hosed up, but those civilians sure do need a job! The Navy is a beautiful place, a sitcom in itself that isn't being aired to the world. And the people in that sitcom leave hospitals and get hired at VAs so that veterans can die slow deaths waiting for care. God bless the world's finest Navy.

It's even funnier when you consider people in non-medical ratings get temporary assignments to hospitals when they're non-deployable in some places and their commands don't want to deal with them. So they're added to some clinic or admin position handling and filing paperwork that corpsmen are specifically taught about in A-school, with the temporary duty people not having the slightest clue in some cases that the paperwork isn't even supposed to be handled by them. My favorite are the whistleblowers in some cases, had one that pointed out that results were being smudged by poor protocol controls so she got transferred to another hospital. Started pointing poo poo out at that hospital and people (mostly Chiefs) were trying their hardest to get her kicked out and couldn't come up with anything because she followed everything by the book. She left, not a scratch on her.

I loving love the Navy in a Stockholm syndrome kind of way now, the moment the door opens I'm bolting to freedom though.

Pandasmores fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 6, 2014

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

KetTarma posted:

The Navy will cripple you for life if you let them. No one gives a poo poo about you other than yourself. Get an MRI done, document everyfuckingthing.

And if you can ensure that it's documented in AHLTA, or that they give you a note even if you have to wait around and sign a DD 2870. Maintain copies. I have had so many friends/patients that have gotten hosed in the past because the mouth breathers on the ship didn't document anything. One almost died because of his auto-immune illness being treated with just Motrin (not a single visit documented) and the other was being given Motrin for a fracture that eventually left him unable to walk from permanent drop foot due to dead nerves. Navy medicine, especially on the ship, can be one of the worst things for your health, and if an injury leads to you having issues when you get out it can be a nightmare to prove it happened while you were in. Documentation is key.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

germskr posted:

Aren't you a noble? Some of us serfs will continue to do manual labor post-military lol.

Edit:

Is that flashlight on backwards on that rifle? :psyduck:

Need to get that sweet definition on her forearms while blasting hajis in the dark so they grow to fear strong, liberal, independent American women.

Also Navy is full of idiots, medicine isn't the only place. Lol, chances are your docs in the squadrons are interns, wouldn't be surprised if the ship dude was any different. They make a big deal out of X-rays and MRIs.

When I went to the doctor to see if I had any brain damage from a head injury, it took going to 3 different doctors and telling them I couldn't remember anything when before I was like an encyclopedia before they even considered looking to see if anything changed. Couldn't determine anything because there wasn't continuous check ups because a school where you pretty much just learn about applying tourniquets and following a doctor's orders apparently has greater importance.

Just go around thinking you're the poor sap with the laugh track in sitcoms and you'll be sane.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Spent my veteran's day laughing because a guy I knew in one of the squadrons got on poo poo My LPO Said. Also ate at a sweet restaurant in Fresno, Wassabi Off The Hook. The AM and AT that I went with said it was like being in Japan again.

Month 4 is coming up on waiting for my BAH request that's "the next one up". Guess it's time to start bombing them with requests on updates and figuring out what's keeping it from going to the base admin.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Boon posted:

As MML pointed out, that tug is probably loaded with sensors.

I got to work with the Russians some years ago during RIMPAC (their first) in which they brought an old destroyer, an oiler, and a tug. We had very strict rules in how we handled them.

Did it require you guys drinking vodka with them as the communist anthem played shipwide, playing Russian roulette for shots?

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Angry Fish posted:

Russian flagships always impress me with their 80s supervillain vibe.

Less so their layout, the quality of life on board, their missile tech that is essentially boiled down to "Hey, we got this airframe when we developed our jet fighter, let's just throw out the cockpit (the wings...) and put some inertial guidance + explosives in there", and their AAW/ASW FCS suite that was obsolete by the 1970s.

I am now convinced that they were the template for the Imperial Navy in Star Wars.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Christoff posted:

Unless you're Filipino then you get all those hookups

Amen to this. Get a Filipino friend in supply or medical, hell you could even make friends with someone in admin somewhere that used to be in and it's like word spreads. Get seconds at the galley, get free extras, help with supply to where you get things early and they BS to someone else that "hey man the shipment hasn't come in yet". The little old ladies give you food.

Lingcod I hope you have fun, unless you're schizophrenic or a complete idiot boot camp isn't difficult at all. I wonder where the schizophrenic kids that were with me in boot camp are now, we had like 4 of them and one of them in particular lasted a while, like 5-6 weeks before he lost all control.

Also, found a gig that told me I could set my own hours, they pay like 20 dollars an hour, and it counts towards continuing my certification as a tech. Caffeine pills and monsters are in my future.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Lmfao, I remember when they would tell us "everyone passes even if I have to cut off your leg and wave it like a drat baton to get your run down" hahahahahhaa

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

How long do early out chits usually take to get approved? I might just put one in after the holidays, they're still accepting like 150+ corpsmen for it. I might also have a job right when I get out, just have to talk to the HR person for the prison hospital.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Angry Fish posted:

:iiam:

I just got my prospective rating back, and they're throwing permanent retirement at me for a problem that should have been rated TDRL. The lawyer essentially told me to sign that bitch right now, but the QA process might catch it (and if it doesn't, praise baby jesus).

If everything clears, I'll have forever-TricareRetired, forever-Dental, forever-head-to-toe-no-copay, forever-Gym, and forever-50%basepay after only 10 years. I'm okay with that.

Take it and run!

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

If some kid with an adjustment disorder can get TDRL'd because they're a treatment failure and their command is too lazy to admin sep them, then you can get PDRL'd.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Gray Matter posted:

Unless this is a common occurrence, I have a suspicion I know exactly the airman you are referring to

Meh, chances probably aren't too far off you do. There's a lot of kiddies showing up wanting it and some idiots are giving med separations to them I guess to not get the media into it? I don't know, I guess it's archaic to have medical benefits for people that have actually lost limbs or functionality in their life because of injuries through their service and the new thing is to give it to every kid that turns up with a problem with what they're told to do because mommy and daddy didn't set an example of "You do as you're told when you've signed a contract agreeing to it." AN Douchebag gets separate and collects benefits for being a whiny oval office, meanwhile Sgt Deployments is still waiting to get treated for the shrapnel slowly digging through his body while in pain. Honestly commands need to understand that they can administratively separate anyone they drat well please, and if some kid didn't disclose to the Navy that they had X problem before coming in it's not the government's problem to have to pay them for it.

In other news, apparently my BAH request that has been sitting around for nearly five months is going to sit around some more because people are magically leaving the barracks at a faster rate than they're being replaced, but my chit along with the chits of 2 higher enlisted dudes are still waiting to get signed. The investigation into someone borrowing money from everyone she can get her rank and fingers around is still "going on", which the last time we heard that it was swept under the rug until someone tore the rug up and brought it up again after a potluck was involved. With the holidays, I doubt anything will happen, while the lower enlisted that gave money are keeping quiet because this is the nature of the Navy, among other shady poo poo that happens but no one ever says a drat thing.

In other news, I apparently have a new pet that'll be staying in an apartment with a friend.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Analogical posted:

Tell DAPA she's using the money to fuel her furious alcoholism and the rug will combust instantaneously and she'll disappear for up to 42 days

Who do you think swept it under the rug in the first place?

Edit: Also congratulations, Christoff, on finally getting out of the Navy. Hope you have a better time outside than you did in.

Edit2: Lol, I love seeing command coins/shirts that are misspelled in obvious ways, especially with the amount of money dumped on them.

Pandasmores fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 19, 2014

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Sir Lucius posted:

So it looks like the quarterdeck watch has pissed off enough departments that they're going back to it being staffed by those stuck in holding. This was pretty much the best news and now I can't use "gently caress duty days" as an excuse for getting out of the Navy. But seriously, gently caress duty days, they have no point at an intel command.

Try standing it every week, in an empty hospital, "watching" a bunch of automated electronics while you're getting yelled at by JOs because you're paging them in the middle of the day from said hospital because "I'm not in the hospital today." They have such a hard-on for the Real Navy here that I think they set up pointless watches just to make it look like we matter.

gently caress duty days.

gently caress rule bending based on rank.

gently caress getting chewed out because you said that the system is flawed, even with a proposed method to fix it.

gently caress people coming in complaining to me that the ER closed on base and now they have to go pay out of pocket (oh god no) for motrin for their stubbed toe.

loving LOL at the fact that their plan for the galley closing is to give the money to a restaurant on base (which is going to put a limited selection of food items on the menu for people with meal cards and you don't get breakfast and lol gently caress you if you work any shift that isn't days) instead of giving it to sailors.

gently caress crooked evals system.

gently caress paper chits.

gently caress douchebags that change the time stamps and coversheets on a chit to make it look like it wasn't sitting in their office for almost a year.

gently caress people saying "There's worse places out there." without using their power to change broken instructions.

gently caress one rank getting treated one way and another rank a different way even though it's a "Zero Tolerance" Navy.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

I'm in the final stretch Pneumonic, February 2016. All in all, a waste of the tax payer's money. Boot Camp, A-School, 2 C-schools, all coming together to spend time at 1 command hardly doing anything I was trained to do. Oh well, at least I got a sweet cert. Still have to send an email to the recruitment agent for the prison to see what they need from me apart from a resume. I was thinking of transferring my experiences over to it with a timeline of training, scanned attachments of certifications, and my various cards for BLS and poo poo. Apart from applying to fast food when I was a kid, I have no experience doing it for tech work.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

buttplug posted:

Another thing. I have seen some stupid signature blocks in my time, but who the gently caress is teaching Sailors how to write the stupidest, most self-important, bullshit-rear end signature blocks? I am *literally* seeing poo poo like this on a regular basis:

I'm totally not exaggerating this poo poo. I'm thinking of one person in particular who literally has all of these things actually spelled out, and I'm probably forgetting a couple lines...but I keep seeing goddamn people with 20-25 line email signatures. Are they teaching this poo poo at Great Lakes or something? Or are they too busy teaching people to cheat on their PFAs?

Most 2-4 stars sign emails like:

Admiral loving McRaven - who motherfucking killed bin Laden signed emails:

That was loving it.

Do you really need to append a loving novel to every email?

It's mandated at my command, and LPO would force me to do it. As a joke I have Warhammer 40k quotes about killing things and purity of mankind. Making fun of it with "Very truly respectfully yours" got a few laughs from people that hate that poo poo.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

buttplug posted:

What loving command is that that *requires* that. I have never, ever seen a command anywhere encourage such absurd email signatures. The closest thing to that kind of toolbaggery that I've seen is FLTCYBERCOM(FCC)/C10F which has a specific format for their signature blocks and for whatever reason (as if anybody cares) forces now-civilian retired Navy to sign their emails with their rank (ret) like it actually holds any weight.

We even have to have a disclaimer akin to a DeviantArt copywrite at the bottom pretty much saying "promise you'll delete this if you weren't supposed to see it".

ManMythLegend, not to call bullshit on your evals system but not all commands had some dudes like you did. The people that do my ranking are patients that see how hard I work to achieve a satisfactory end product for them and thank me for it, just as I do it with all my patients. The person that gets the EP is literally the volunteering kid that no one ever sees because they're off getting bake sales and meetings together. I imagine they sit down and think "who is doing the best work" and keep that person in mind for an end of tour award like a NAM (even though we just give out FLOCs) and then they look at the people getting bake sales and poo poo done and figure "let's give it to them because they're helping the organization".

poo poo like that is why most of us want to get out in the first place. Our jobs aren't too bad when you think about and can be kind of cool. Fixing radios, shooting poo poo, making tons of metal move across hundreds of nautical miles, having the possibility of affecting someone's life. But there's idiots all around us, the kind that you hear from other people "that's a lovely sailor" and the kind that people go "oh gently caress I can't wait until they move him to the USS SHORTBUS", they end up in leadership positions and gently caress it up for everyone. Some people weather it well and have a support of other like-minded people to show them it's not full of SN Fuckstick, Chief Gomer and CAPT Pile. Others don't and know a PO1 that hasn't changed from SN Fuckstick and just keeps advancing with knee pads and command involvement. If you don't want to play the game, don't sign a new contract.

Edit: Also lol, some clinics are so small like in my command that when providers are forced to deal in command involvement we can have gaps in the schedule and it's effectively like we are closed. So sorry MML, often times we have no power even if we want to just stay at work rather than seeing a bunch of rear end holes at a picnic.

Pandasmores fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Nov 20, 2014

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Oh the butthurt is flowing among the people here that didn't pick up and wanted to. This is beautiful.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Sir Lucius posted:

Every cycle my favorite thing is hearing about how much you enjoy watching the corpsman community suffer (I hope you picked up though)

Please don't wish that on me. I walk into the test and leave as soon as I'm done bubbling in random things. There's nothing to gain at this command except misery and pain when your department has 2 enlisted and you're both E-5 and below. If I pick up, I get the bullshit from the chain a lot sooner and I have no filter, sitting through LPO meetings would be misery and I'd likely burn every bridge the guy that's in charge now has tried to build since he got here.

It's fine being a nobody, saves time.

I just hope you pick up so you're that much closer to immunity from pointless tasks.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Jesus dude you can be a nobody at a higher rank. Maximize your earnings and opportunity while you're in.

If I want pennies to add to my bank account I'll go pick them up off the street.

Edit: Just found out though that my friend who is getting an early out picked up. Life's good with the butt hurt flowing at his command.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

MancXVI posted:

Pandasmores, I know you're a corpsman at Lemoore or some awful place which is a double dose of garbage, but have you ever considered that you may be the rear end in a top hat here? Like, still get out and plan for a future outside of the Navy, that's fine. However, you have nothing to lose by getting promoted. It's more money in your pocket for the same loving job. The Navy isn't going to crumble because HN Pandasmores stuck it to the man and threw his advancement exam. gently caress.

I'm not. I show everyone what to do, I teach every LPO how to do their jobs, I make everyone laugh with jokes and help the new kids out of corps school how to plan ahead and what they need to do to get by, but at the end of the day I view it as something that hardly matters for my time in. This is especially true with my year left, a chain that lets people get away with bullshit and I'm not going to reenlist. If I pick up, I'm not gaining anything except more responsibility and being forced to go to boards and stuff because I "have to set the example", experiencing all the bullshit with just a few hundred dollars added to my pocket? Nah, no thanks. I don't view it as me sticking it to the man or anything by not picking up, I just free up a slot for someone that wants it and probably needs it. If you joined the Navy for the money, your efforts would better serve you outside with the same motivation in school. Some people don't have a choice because of walls they built themselves or were born into. If I wanted money I could be doing other things.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

I guess I just bought into their whole Honor Courage and Commitment bullshit, and the fact that they are always spouting poo poo that is pretty much propaganda is another thing I hate. A civilian job is just a job, if a coworker on the outside tried to sell working in a lab or working on a patient ward as a lifestyle I'd just push them away. But when it comes to something like the Navy, the job can really be a lifestyle if you want it to be. And from what I've seen with the people spouting the whole honor and blah blah blah, there isn't any. It was about the money with them, not the professionalism required for the job, the added responsibility of mentoring someone, the awareness that you are held to a higher standard. A lot of people come into this wanting just the money and just go through the motions of everything else they're supposed to stand for. But whatever, I'll give it a shot next exam and see where it goes. Just be ready for my homicidal posts about hanging the fat rear end third class and second classes that are cheating the system.

Edit: And Aleksi, I don't call them idiots. I just think that if you don't have any ounce of pride in the uniform and legitimately just go through the motions for the money, then you aren't looking at the big picture. If you stay in solely for the money, no pride, no care for anyone but yourself, nothing that falls within the definition of the image of what a service member is supposed to embody from the best values of a society, then there's something wrong. It's those people that usually gently caress over the good guy going up and then end up being the person everyone hates but no one can touch.

Edit2: and thanks for the straight advice goons. I'm going to give it thought and change. At least now I'll think more into it and won't go from "get a degree and become and LDO" to "I'm just going to get out, play Destiny, and apply for every welfare I can" like some of my friends. So I guess I need new friends.

Pandasmores fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Nov 22, 2014

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

I did work for some places with stuff like that, but it wasn't a matter of losing individuality from it. It's not accompanied by a lot of the bullshit you're expected to do because of your placement, and if someone under you fucks up then the hammer comes down. In a regular job your underling fucks up and you don't have to stand by them. Some kid under me doesn't pass the PRT or fails room inspections or gets some hambeast out in town pregnant there is the possibility of an inflated sense responsibility as a supervisor to do something.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Analogical posted:

So I turned in my eval earlier this week.

February-June of this year I was TDY after being selected for advanced training that only one other sailor in my command of 1200 currently has.

Then fly back to home division for 43 days.

July-now I'm on what is arguably one of the highest-speed assignments available to my rating without going to Dam Neck. I'm not saying this to brag, I'm highlighting how this is something my command should be excited one of their sailors is involved with.

Got an email back today, wherein my chain asked me to submit an eval only covering the days I was back in my division since my last eval 16MAR, which is a total of 43 days in which we were surging, and I held no positions or did anything but work for 12 hours, go home and repeat.

My eval this cycle included writing a 186 page book for the DoD, my training earlier in the year and this assignment. But instead, the Navy only wants to know what I did while I "rested" for a few weeks between my TDYs. This might be a stupid question, but is that right? I don't understand why I wouldn't be evaluated for my accomplishments on, or even being selected for, the TDYs I was sent on. Someone just completing their JQS is going to have a stronger eval than me as mine will be virtually empty. I wasn't even on a team when I was back because they had me preparing to leave again doing OJT and workups. I'm not saying I deserve or need an EP or an MP, but I'm coming up on my window for orders or getting the gently caress out. I'd been leaning on getting out, but I'm still going to drop applications to a few programs that will want my last few evals in case one picks me up and I decide to stay, and I don't want to show them a bad or dead looking eval.

I don't remember ever being hassled about my TDY dates before, though I've never been gone this long before either (practically the entire year.) So more experienced sailors: is this something I should challenge? When I got the message earlier I was a mix of pissed off and confused, though given my experience in this division so far I can't say I'm entirely surprised.

If they don't do what Vulturesrow said then I guess you could just add a picture of your favorite lube along with the meal you would have preferred to have before you got hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

The other fun part is seeing how things got blown up through word of mouth. By the end of my little trip towards getting NJP'd I had apparently banged a Chief's daughter while completely hammered and came into work like a rockstar.

• Locked thread