Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

She'll tear, YOUR SOUL, apart!
Get hosed, Navy Medicine.

You force me to hobble on a sprained ankle for 2 WEEKS while you pretend that i'm limping all over the ship for no goddamn reason, then wait until i'm brought back from the emergency room on crutches before you ask me

"Well, you can't be on crutches forever, when are you coming back"?

I'm done.

I literally hope I fail this PRT, AND the next one, and finally get my discharge papers. There has to be life beyond the Navy, there has to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

She'll tear, YOUR SOUL, apart!

vulturesrow posted:

Dude you gotta tell us what happened.

Let's timeline this poo poo.

~~14th of October: I sprained my ankle. I'm not a doctor, so I can't immediately diagnose foot pain. I had been wearing shoes with poor support (flatfooted) for a few weeks prior to arriving, so i had chalked it up to
"Ok, it's a shoe problem, switch it up, and it should improve".

~~20th October: I went to barge medical for the 1st time, because it was starting to be a problem. I was given Motrine, and nothing else. no "ok you might have injured yourself let's take you for an X-ray", no "ok we're taking you off the ship for a week", nothing.

~~24th Oct to 3rd November- House Hunting later that week. For the following week, I had essentially no transportation to and from anywhere, so i was walking, LOTS. By that time my foot had gone from minor pain to "hey this is pretty swollen let's go to medical"

~~November 3rd, I went back to medical. By then my foot was rather swollen, and walking consisted of me LIMPING from place to place. Again, nobody says anything, nor is this considered unusual by navy standards, apparently. They finally decide to wrap my foot up, place me on LLD, and give me more Motrine. No talk of X-rays, or anything like that; just "Give it a week, come back and let's re-evaluate"

gently caress that.

~~November 4th: I went to the Emergency Room on my own accord the very next day. I'm able to describe EXACTLY what's wrong to the doctor, immediately get the X-Ray, and finally get a diagnosis of "Ankle Sprain". I'm given crutches, even more painkillers, and back on my merry way I go. When I arrive back at the ship on crutches, I'm almost immediately TAD'd to DESRON for the week, and promptly hurried off the ship.

~~November 5-12: Essentially home all day, every day, enjoying a lovely diet of icing my ankle, painkillers, and watching Animal Planet. My DIVO calls me almost daily to remind me that " I can't be on Crutches Forever, you know", and to possibly motivate me to want to stay in the navy past my 2 year extension.

I have to go back to Ship's Medical on Monday for a follow up, because apparently the idiot HMC there who let me SUFFER for almost a month before deciding that i was actually hurt is apparently the only person that determine my status.

• Locked thread