Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bengy81
May 8, 2010

Pandasmores posted:

Hope you fuckers stood your Dress Blues inspections well. Now it's time for the true Naval Tradition we all love.

Also we are all gay.

Navy gay.

Errthang ghey.

I love you all unconditionally :glomp:

Least you could do is link the new thread in the old thread you inconsiderate gently caress.

LingcodKilla posted:

13 days till I ship to boot.

:a2m:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

Thanks guys! Yeah my later date was April so best just to loving get it done with.

So any tips on the best way to keep your head down at boot? Be in mind that I'll assume you all are lying and do the exact opposite.

It's only two months, keep that I your head at all times, it will keep you sane.

There is nothing hard about bootcamp unless you make it hard. Bootcamp is designed so that people who score a 35 on the ASVAB can get through it.

Enjoy the sleep, and if you are fat don't get the brownies at the chow hall. If you are thin eat all the brownies with all the peanut butter you can get your hands on, best part of bootcamp IMO.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

PneumonicBook posted:

On the cruiser I was on my skid (the computer/display skid) cooled a couple of their consoles and they always felt the need to gently caress with valves. Seriously every time it was empty I just walked up to control and looked under the deck plates.

By the time I left the ship the sonar techs they had onboard were mostly normal people (including a normal girl!) but holy poo poo were the weird ones loving out there.

Sonar Tech story time!
Normal chick was cool, so were most of the dudes when I left.

When I checked out to head back to the States in Dubai, one of the STG2's was walking back to the ship, and he was smashed and trying to pet some of the cats on the pier. He got bit and told me the next week over FB that he had a panic attack cuz he thought he was gonna get cat aids. He had to get a ton of shots.

There was a definitely not normal female, we called her Corndog (only once accidentally to her face). She had a for real touch of the tism, like she would have these weird loving meltdowns and run out of quarters screaming, and she smelled bad, and she was kind of fugly, even for Navy standards. When she was cranking, she would lean against the bulkhead and her gunt would hang over her pants and make her look kind of like a corndog, which is where she got her nickname (duh).

She had a habit of sleeping with dudes and spilling the beans about them at the wrong time. We were in Seal Beach right after she showed up to the boat, and she went out on the town with one of her co-workers, needless to say, they hooked up, and she let it drop during quarters the next morning how they went out, had some drinks (underage) and hosed on the beach, surprisingly enough, nothing ever came out of that, probably because everybody was scarred for life after hearing the details.

There was a creepy hispanic TM2 turned STG2 on our ship that liked to bang out chicks that were the same age as his daughter. He got into a brawl over a CT chick with a deck seaman and got his rear end beat and busted down over it. He knocked up an STG3 a year later, not sure if he got in trouble over that one, I think they sent him IA, but not sure.

One of the STG's told a female STG that he could smell her period blood in front of a small group of people on the smoke deck. Same chick got medsepped a few months later, she was dating another dude in their division, and he got booted for pissing hot.

And to elaborate on the spice story:
I was duty MAA the day the busted homeboy smoking spice in nixie. When we were searching the space we found a sketchbook full of characters from Family Guy loving each other. Apparently Brian had a massive dick :allears:

There were more loving weirdos, but thats enough for tonight, y'all probably stopped reading at the first paragraph anyways.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Email signatures...

Really?

for a full loving page?

Is that really the best you fucks can come up with?

WAY TO OUT-GAY THE AF THREAD!!!!!!!

:awesome:

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I don't loving get how, in an organization the pretty much treats all E-5 and below the same, spending 4 to 5 years as an E loving 3 is a good idea?

I mean, if you can't even muster the will power to try to advance, why the gently caress even bother joining the Navy? Why not just get a job at McDonalds or Wally World?
I'm pretty sure you would take home a little more money that way, and living at home would beat the poo poo out of living in some garbage rear end barracks in the middle of the desert, or am I missing something?

OH NO!!!!!!

THE RESPONSIBILITY MONSTER IS GONNA GET ME!!!!!!!!

WHAT DO I DO???????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010

TheQuietWilds posted:

I have this philosophy: don't get so bogged down in little steps that you don't make the big jump. Everybody in the military worries about the little steps - I'll just make rank, I'll just get my pin, etc and then I'll get back to getting on with my big goals. New little steps appear, there's always a little step to distract you from making the big moves you need to really do something worthwhile. At a certain point, you've spent so much time making those small steps that it becomes too late. I say gently caress the small steps - devote your time to making the big jumps in your life. This philosophy has never steered me wrong, and I've never heard someone say "I really regret not making one more rank before I get out," but I've heard many, many people who regret never taking their shot at whatever their big goals are - get a commission, get out and move to a shack in the woods, start a farm, become a nurse/doctor/engineer or whatever. From the perspective of an O4 pilot, maybe you reached some of your more significant goals in life, and maybe the small steps you made in the Navy were the things that got you there, but your viewpoint has a lot less to offer someone in the position of an E3. He's a younger guy who hasn't really built the kind of accomplishments that he wants out of his life but I think we can all agree that he has potential to be a lot more than an E3 psych tech, and telling him to worry for more than a minute whether me gets an extra little bauble from the Navy just encourages the scared, pathetic mindset towards life that results in chiefs.

You aren't wrong, and if he were taking the test for the first time i think everybody might even agree. But he has been around long enough that he could potentially make it just by trying, not necessarily studying, just spending more than five minutes on the test.

He makes E-4, maybe has to do a little more babysitting, but that doesn't mean he has to stay in forever does it?

And it's possible he can focus on making his life in the Navy slightly less miserable AND prep for transitioning at the same time? I know that I went into my last E6 exam and attempted to pass it just like I did every other time, even though I was fairly sure I was gonna get out.

Anyhow, why aren't we talking about Flip prostitutes and rail guns anymore?

• Locked thread