Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Thanks guys! Yeah my later date was April so best just to loving get it done with.

So any tips on the best way to keep your head down at boot? Be in mind that I'll assume you all are lying and do the exact opposite.

Realtalk: the only recruit job you should volunteer for is mail po

Also, get a cold pack as soon as possible. Do it before you get sick so you don't have to stand in the sick call line with your face leaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

We were definitely encouraged to "help our shipmates" when I went through in '08.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Pandasmores, I know you're a corpsman at Lemoore or some awful place which is a double dose of garbage, but have you ever considered that you may be the rear end in a top hat here? Like, still get out and plan for a future outside of the Navy, that's fine. However, you have nothing to lose by getting promoted. It's more money in your pocket for the same loving job. The Navy isn't going to crumble because HN Pandasmores stuck it to the man and threw his advancement exam. gently caress.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Pandasmores posted:

I did work for some places with stuff like that, but it wasn't a matter of losing individuality from it. It's not accompanied by a lot of the bullshit you're expected to do because of your placement, and if someone under you fucks up then the hammer comes down. In a regular job your underling fucks up and you don't have to stand by them. Some kid under me doesn't pass the PRT or fails room inspections or gets some hambeast out in town pregnant there is the possibility of an inflated sense responsibility as a supervisor to do something.

I agree, gently caress taking care of your shipmates. Honor, Courage, Commitment

edit: fwiw I agree that it sucks but for reasons far dumber than taking an interest in the well-being of your coworkers

MancXVI fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 22, 2014

• Locked thread