Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

13 days till I ship to boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Thanks guys! Yeah my later date was April so best just to loving get it done with.

So any tips on the best way to keep your head down at boot? Be in mind that I'll assume you all are lying and do the exact opposite.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

MancXVI posted:

Realtalk: the only recruit job you should volunteer for is mail po

Also, get a cold pack as soon as possible. Do it before you get sick so you don't have to stand in the sick call line with your face leaking.

Do you mean a cold pack like a set of hankies or literally a cold ice pack?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Some of my boot-rear end students the other day were talking about what ship stairs and ladders were really like because of their experience at battlestations :lol:
I mean I never went through their disney ride bullshit and I'm sure the navy made the accurate as gently caress but hearing people who will never set foot on a ship talk about what ships are really like based on a not-real-ship makes me laugh until I'm dead.

In other news, posting from beyond the graaaave

In another lifetime ago I was cruising up the coast from San Diego to San Fransisco with a small flotilla of 60ft to 120ft boats and ships when we hit a fairly bad storm. 20ft swells knocked the crap out of the mostly planing type hulls. One of the midsized boats did a crew head count and found one crew missing so we started doing donuts in search of the missing boy. Then the same boat lost its shaft packing and we had to assist with a tow. The storm finally calmed and we were able to reach port the next afternoon. That's when the idiot crawled out of the boatswain locker where he had crawled to and buried himself in a spare line and fell asleep. I had been up doing double tricks at the helm since I was not affected by seasickness as bad as a number of the small crew because this jackass needed his beauty sleep.
That's my story.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I hadn't touch the stuff in 16 years. Whew!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

vulturesrow posted:

Welp, so much for fun port visits in Turkey.

Sack Instanbul and all is forgiven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Just landed in Chicago! Oh boy boot!

• Locked thread