Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Octopode posted:

For the love of god, don't forget your shower shoes.

A bathrobe too. Preferably a cheap one that can be thrown away when you're done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Yeah, we had our flight doc out on the carrier for a week and he was miserably seasick.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Hekk posted:

Can whatever you just said be broken down into terms someone who's never been on a ship could understand? I googled array and all I see is some crap about sonar detection for subs and poo poo.

Yeah, a towed array is a sonar sensor that's pulled behind the ship; presumably they wanted to get a close listen to the other ship, since that's useful intel to have (... kind of, like ded said). Maybe other sensors on there as well, I dunno. You can't go too fast while you're towing it, though. What they did is kind of like being invited to the White House, and showing up wearing a backpack with a boom mic sticking out of it and an HD camera strapped to your head.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

vulturesrow posted:

What's up fellow bike bros? :hfive:

Bike 4 life. 12 minutes of watching ESPN and I get my P. Never going back.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Also I passed my weigh-in because I could stretch for that extra half inch, get my height rounded up, and earn five more pounds. :btroll:

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Stultus Maximus posted:

So I always knew that the tape test is inaccurate but until this cycle I had no idea how bad it really was. We had a guy fail at 24% body fat in the spring cycle. He lost 15 pounds and due to the way he lost it, they measured him at 13% body fat this cycle. That was literally impossible. Not only was he obviously not 13% body fat, but at his weight he would have had to lose over 20 pounds of fat to go from 24 - 13.

Yeah, I was astonished when I found out the formula for the tape. Like, really, it's just flat out waist minus neck? And that's supposed to be equal for all sizes and body types?

I'm usually under the max weight (officially, always under, so far), I just need to lose a few more pounds that I picked up during a month in Hawaii. loving loco moco.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

ManMythLegend posted:

I guess I'll let you guys know if I thought it was worth it in a few years.

Or the Navy Times will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

shipwrecks posted:

Hey, I'm also in Lemoore at a lovely command. I made rank and am happy about it, am I doing it wrong?

I guess you should send Panda a box of cookies or something for valiantly sacrificing that promotion slot for you.

• Locked thread