Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

I'm a semen, I mean Seaman, I haven't been a semen for 20 years.
Stand Navy out to sea! WORDS! WORDS-WORDS-WORDS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

I was ships staff for a while but then they needed a religious services po and I was the only one who offered. The benefit I ended up having was that friday nights were spent at the chapel and i conveniently missed the friday night IT marathons. Inversely from skating, just don't be the catholic one, they work them to the bone.

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

TheQuietWilds posted:

Getting "beat" was legitimately the only thing worth doing in boot camp. I don't know why people complain about working out, even if they're dumb lovely workouts. Do some pushups, don't be a fat, enjoy yourself.

For a year in DEP, I really pushed myself into great shape. I ran, played lots of sports, rode my bike around, etc. just to try and get in some sort of shape for boot camp. I thought it was going to be so hard that I wasn't sure I was going to make it. Then I get there. Okay, we're going to run two miles today and thats it. By the way, there is soda and powerade on tap, and you are going to get eight hours of sleep almost every night. WARRIORS!

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

orange juche posted:

For a year in DEP I did pretty much nothing outside of the norm, didn't go out and run a lot/do sports etc. I got to boot camp, and it still wasn't hard. It's all a mind game, get through that and you have it on lock.

Took me a long time to figure out:

Show up: P
Do job: P
Do a really good job: P-MP
Suck a lot of penis: EP

Schlabbalabba
May 10, 2004

Gray Matter posted:

There will come a time for "Moment of Truth".

Keep your loving mouth shut.

They tried to tell us that their testing was so sensitive it could detect back twenty years. LOL

• Locked thread