Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Haha miss thanksgiving, x-mas, New Years, and get 2 extra weeks of folding underwear over xmas. All while freezing your balls off and slipping on ice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Moving on now from boot camp stories

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hekk, how close are you with your Corpsman? Like, is there one assigned to you directly etc? They should be handing out copious amounts of meclizine and have it on hand. Or you head to your BAS on ship and fill out a quick form and get some. Just make sure you take it preemptively. Even on an LHD a lot of people got sick once we initially started steaming but everyone was fine after a couple days. But that's a big ship.

On ship they should have a cold pack type of form where you can just get basic meds (tylenol, Motrin, meclizine, anti fungal cream, steroid cream, anti-acid/diarrheal, etc) without going through the whole sick call process.

As far as jerry rigging poo poo with double sided tape and cardboard cutout strips I had a mount for my tablet on the roof of my rack. It ruled.

Depending on how nerdy you are you can get one of those gaems g155 cases for a console. they were made for the Xbox 360 and PS3 but fit the ps4 and xbone. Those things were a lifesaver especially if you're just a passenger more or less. There was a 1:3 ratio practically of people having them. We'd link them up and have LAN parties and when our berthing was empty for 10 days had one set up with a projector and COD 24/7

Also, baby wipes. Because like all MEUs you'll be getting off the ship a lot for training. So make sure you pack your normal non-required field necessities.

Also although they're not allowed I'd recommend a tiny tiny usb fan or something of the sort. You should be fine in those rooms but poo poo breaks and poo poo gets hot. Also a sleeping eye mask and nice ear plugs of course.

And supplements. Lots and lots of supplements to last you. Vitamins, protein powder, etc. The shipping time from Amazon was pretty decent but yeah. I think you're East Coast so you might not be too close to the actual ship but you can drive down to the ship before deployment with all your junk. If not start loading stuff on during the at sea periods which you'll do at least 2-3 of

Yeah you'll be able to chill with all the Chiefs and such in their mess. But you'll be hanging out with other Marines. Most sailors will see all that black on your collar and look the other way. You're going to laugh at all the e-5s sweeping while the Marines have the e-2/e-3s doing everything

Let me know if you have any other MEU questions

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 4, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nope

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I never understood the smokers/dippers that didn't stock up for deployment. Or at least restock when we were in a foreign or domestic port.

The line throughout the ship for the store was always hilarious when word got out that they had dip back in stock

We were spoiled and had pop-tarts to grab during breakfast. Amongst the obvious commodities protein powder is another good one

Also wash your hands and hand sanitizer. VGE spreads like wildfire and we had about 3 pretty bad cases of it

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 4, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ship store usually sells them anyways but yeah the thought of going anywhere in the berthing, bathroom, or shower barefoot is repulsive. There's always one Barefoot Bandit though that takes a piss late at night barefoot. Ugh

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Almost every reservist I talk to loving hates it and is trying to go AD and I never understood why. Always seemed like a decent gig especially if you caught any deployments/IAs (assuming you were making a poo poo wage if you even worked) which is probably true for most

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Unless you're Filipino then you get all those hookups

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

gently caress the Navy eval/promotion system

V/R
*some quote by MLK"

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Thread needs more butts or dogges or something

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

poo poo I used work as an excuse to not go to those command events

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Thread needs more butts or dogs or something

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

There was a small time period where GBS was just a lovely RSS news feed and SJW comments and lots of bans/probations and was everything wrong with the forums. Lot better now imo

Yeah a lot of it now is repetitive and a bit over the top but there's so many sub forums to fill every niche i just poke around there to have a laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Are public NJP's still a thing? Like on TV etc. I know people got busted down a lot underway for port incidences and loving on ship

My first command they'd just run around and round up any e-4 and below anytime someone was getting busted down for a DUI but that was it

• Locked thread