Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Angry Fish posted:

What is the retention rate in the SWO community right now?

About five. Five total Lieutenants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Laranzu posted:

Naval dick waving amuses me. Oh no they are going to float around menacingly. In international waters. We need to go float menacingly back!

Who cares. Don't waste gas or personnel driving another ship out there. Let them float wasting theirs.

Edit: like every time a group of Russian ships goes out there is a tug. Makes me lol a bit

As MML pointed out, that tug is probably loaded with sensors.

I got to work with the Russians some years ago during RIMPAC (their first) in which they brought an old destroyer, an oiler, and a tug. We had very strict rules in how we handled them.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Pandasmores posted:

Did it require you guys drinking vodka with them as the communist anthem played shipwide, playing Russian roulette for shots?

Maybe...

Boon fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 13, 2014

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

ManMythLegend posted:

I'm loling at the idea of rupturing an array by going fast. loving SWOs.

Remember, he's not a SWO...

He's just an rear end in a top hat.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
The one we had didn't, though it was also the first deployed version of MFTA.

Boon fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 16, 2014

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
When I get out next year I'll only get 70 or 80% of the benefits though I'll likely swing a reserve billet at NSAWC for active that'll take me to 90%. I tried to push my time here but because the SWO community sucks they aren't extending shore tours.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
So an Admiral liked the challenge coin I designed (with the help of Sir Lucious?) so much that he's personally tasked me to develop one for the N3 Directorate because of course he did. Despite the source that immediately went to the bottom of my personal and professional priorities list and now he's apparently upset and wants it by Friday.

Anyway, I threw a rough draft together this morning and I'm wondering if anyone with any computer skills can work with me to draft a scalable, computerized version so that I can take it from rough concept drawing to full fledged digital product.

I'd be willing to send you a finished coin as well as some form of compensation.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
He's a submariner and his only guidance was, "N3 with a touch of humor"

Perhaps I should have just made the coin submarine (penis) shaped with N3 bold across it.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Nice! posted:

I can't find my SWO pin and I'm a little sad. It might have gotten thrown away.

Was it personalized or just a SWO pin?

Also, Sir Lucious, I'm about to send you an email. Also, it struck me that you haven't gotten the last coin you helped make so I'll have to send you one of those when I send this next one out.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I usually just tell people that being in the Navy is like being a whore. The better you are the more you get hosed.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
No, you're not, and that's a stupid argument. The presumption of opportunity cost means you had that option to begin with.

Panda, say what you want, but I suspect there will be a time years from now where you'll look back and think how stupid and immature your reasoning was.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

justice4trayvawn posted:

career officer pilot can't fathom why others may hate job, beep boop, etc ;)

I'm a SWO who may have had the worst Captain to ever Captain a captainship. I wrote more SITREPS for suicidal behavior in 3 months than I've seen the rest of my career... Mr. Nice! may be able to help me here, but the Captain who had command of LAKE ERIE will never come close to the Captain who had command of PORT ROYAL following the grounding. I work at Fleet Forces now, and even here, 3,000+ miles away, ol' JT is known for being completely unemployable and impossible to work with here or in DC, much less work for. Captain Graf only exceeds JT because she was caught.

Whatever Panda is dealing with, it's not so unbelievably bad that he should tank his free money exams. He's being immature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
All three are great plans and if you've been smart you should have already saved a considerable amount towards your retirement. Take the free money for school, build your awesome resume, and get the gently caress out. I'm interviewing for B-Schools now so if you have any questions let me know.

• Locked thread