Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

MancXVI posted:

Realtalk: the only recruit job you should volunteer for is mail po

Also, get a cold pack as soon as possible. Do it before you get sick so you don't have to stand in the sick call line with your face leaking.

Amazing Advice, just having the ability to take a tylonel if I needed one was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Pandasmores posted:

Wash your hands as frequently as possible and enjoy your illness as you all gain herd infection and immunity from whatever people bring to share as a gift because at least one person is from a lovely little banana republic country.

Boot Camp Ebola is no longer a joke, it's real ebola!

Laundry PO was pretty sweet. I had 3 people under me, and I would always slip away to clean the laundry room when a beating was near for the division. Also I got to go on some nice jogs during the day to return old laundry/delivered laundry to sent back recruits.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Zotix posted:

So I signed for AECF Reserves today. Please tell me I didn't make a huge mistake.

Welcome to the thread, we look forward to your bitching and post on how to go AD.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

TEMPDU at the Hospital... Why didn't they warn me everyone is retarded? WHY DIDN'T THEY WARN ME!

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

germskr posted:

Sorry to hear, but honestly some of the blame lies with you. Walking around for house hunting when you knew you had a sprained ankle only exacerbated the condition when you should have been resting it/gone and bought an Ace bandage at the NEX (they do wonders). Yes, unfortunately a lot of people limp around in the Navy (either legitimate or fake) so it's not like a guy coming in with pieces of a M2HB receiver and brass shrapnel embedded in his leg and getting first rate care, but the Ace bandage you should have bought would have done a lot to alleviate the swelling and give support if you had to be on your feet walking around. I'm not gonna sugar coat- you're a big-boy/girl and we all know how inadequate Naval medicine can be so if you were expecting them to give you a compress/support bandage, X-ray, rainbows and unicorns etc. the first go-around you thought wrong even though that's their job.

Typically speaking, if it's broken you won't be able to bear weight on it or it should be excruciating pain, so while I'm not siding with medical here I can understand why an X-ray was not at the top of their list. As people here have said before, document everything and if it continues to bother you after it's "healed", get documentation and collect that disability. Remember, you're just another number to the service so be proactive about your own health because no amount of money they give me after I get out is worth a broken body.

This post bought and paid for by the Lazy Corpsman for the Future Fund.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

ded posted:

Figures its nukes loving up.

No way it's all the crap I've been shoveling down my pie hole at the food court or the 5 minute walk away dominos since I left boot camp! It was my RDC!

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

ManMythLegend posted:

It's more the idea of fat loving boots crying about being fat at their A Schools.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Why should I have to run in this hellhole of an island for 1.5 miles when I can just bike for 12 mins in the cool air conditioned gym?

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Boon posted:

He's a submariner and his only guidance was, "N3 with a touch of humor"

Perhaps I should have just made the coin submarine (penis) shaped with N3 bold across it.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Don't leave your towel out, or don't be that guy where someone wants to jack off in your towel...

Speaking of which, FTSN Shitforbrains once had his coffee mug passed around FCML head in which an unknown amount of people contributed samples to it... Never saw that mug again....

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

So, I may be looking at being Submarine DQ'd due to medical issues, and need to start investigating possible rates. Any suggestions?

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

Fart Sandwiches posted:

CTN. Top secret clearance, CYBER WARRIOR poo poo, and... uh... sexiness? I was sub disqual'd, crossed CTN, had a nice shore duty, got out, and am currently making fat contractor stacks. I'm actually an instructor at the a-school if you have any questions. There are several other ctn goons who are either instructors or actual rate dudes who can help as well.

But I would be one and the same as those oxygen converters and san tank filling machines! In all reality, that seems not to far of a stretch from what I was doing as an FT. Hopefully I'll be able to get it.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

PneumonicBook posted:

Odds are good they'll just rerate you fc. We have a bunch of former sub guys going through fc a right now. They're terrible people.

Quoted for truth. Honestly though, I can't see them pushing FC over any Information Dominance Rate. The rates really only share a letter with 2/3 FC types and our tomahawk dealings are minimal compared to their entire rate for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

KetTarma posted:

Just in case, write up a resume and make plans just in case your rate conversion ends in an early out. It's happened to more than one friend of mine recently.

I feel I'm a weird spot with that. Still waiting for a full diagnosis of the condition while on LIMDU, the medicine which helps control it is SUB DQ which I am currently taking.
I just finished my first enlistment(5 years), and was on the boat for 4 years and change before being taken off only a few months before I would of rotated to shore duty. (All symptoms of this condition where ignored by doc(gently caress IDC's) on the boat for a year, and it took me failing the submarine physical exam for ANYONE to take ANY action on it). During that boat time, I excelled as a sailor with strong evals and extra collaterals. I don't want to :getout: and feel that this condition isn't extreme enough to even warrant a med board.

• Locked thread