Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Gonzo McFee posted:

There's a "gently caress the British" feeling going on in Brussels and Scotland's in a worse position to negotiate than it was two years ago.

There's a "gently caress the British" feeling going on among the sort of people in Brussels who give quotes for Daily Mail articles. Keep your panic in second gear for the time being, we're not definitely completely hosed yet. Just very screwed.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Even if its not true, we'd only be trading one austerity driven master for another. Britain is hosed and so is Europe.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

"Remain in the EU" is potentially quite a misleading phrase depending on how this ends up panning out. I hope there's some acknowledgement of that at some point along the line— a Scotland bound to Maastricht would probably be one where public finances are way tighter than they are now.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jedit posted:

When I destroy the SNP and become Jocksfuhrer, anime will be banned and all otaku will be put into camps.

Vote Jedit. It's the only sane and reasonable choice.

It's extreme, but this is the sort of platform I can endorse.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Angepain posted:

There's a "gently caress the British" feeling going on among the sort of people in Brussels who give quotes for Daily Mail articles. Keep your panic in second gear for the time being, we're not definitely completely hosed yet. Just very screwed.

I suspect it's more gently caress the English. They like you guys.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Going away from the racist for a bit, no one has yet worked out who did that Sunday Post poll but there's a panelbase one out showing 52/48 Yes. The polls were mostly right in Scotland again as well, and that seems like a sensible number

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

vegetables posted:

"Remain in the EU" is potentially quite a misleading phrase depending on how this ends up panning out. I hope there's some acknowledgement of that at some point along the line— a Scotland bound to Maastricht would probably be one where public finances are way tighter than they are now.

Bound to Maastricht, and out of Barnett. Things would be much, much tighter.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sion posted:

is he the one that hates women?

Yes, especially if they were born with penises.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Double especially if they understand momentum.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/status/747026741588332544?lang=en-gb

https://twitter.com/davidcoburnukip/status/747018692349702144

:master:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...s-eu-membership

quote:

In a further significant development, Scottish Labour’s executive committee opened up the prospect of eventually endorsing independence after agreeing to “consider all options” on Scotland’s future in the UK.

Until now, the Scottish Labour leader, Kezia Dugdale, had consistently opposed a second referendum, but the party is now to consult unions, parliamentarians and members on its position after the UK as a whole voted to leave the EU. Party officials said the political situation was so fluid and uncertain, it was impossible to arrive at a fixed position now on Scotland’s future.

Dugdale said Scottish Labour believed in the UK and pooling resources and sovereignty, but it now had to apply those values “to do the best thing for Scotland and the interests of working people within it”.

Oh god if Scottish Labour and the Scottish Lib Dems actually support Indepedence. The Tories would be the only people left in parliament that don't and I bet Ruth Davidson is already signing the papers to split the Scot Tory party from the UK one when Boris comes along.

Everyone get that Pen.gif ready.

Jedit posted:

One thing it's interesting to know about Campbell is why he left videogame journalism. It wasn't because he's bad at it; in fact he was pretty highly regarded. It was because he's almost universally hated by developers and they wouldn't talk to him.

:laffo: He's the Scottish version of Phil Fish then.

feedmegin posted:

I suspect it's more gently caress the English. They like you guys.

So even they would link Britain = England like the Americans do if that's true.

Pissflaps posted:

Bound to Maastricht, and out of Barnett. Things would be much, much tighter.

Oh god the Barnett Forumla. I wonder what the hell is going to happen to it now.

And loving hell. Just when we were making some sort of progess here with housing and energy, it's now going to be hammered down even further then before.

Jedit posted:

When I destroy the SNP and become Jocksfuhrer, anime will be banned and all otaku will be put into camps.

Vote Jedit. It's the only sane and reasonable choice.

Finally our Culture can be saved from the invading animu.

The Welsh I mean, sorry Regarde Aduck :v:

forkboy84 posted:

It's extreme, but this is the sort of platform I can endorse.

Anti-Anime Nationalism. Saving our youngens from turning into 12 year old superheroes riding Mechas.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Pissflaps posted:

The man is a total oval office and is most likely currently concerned about how he will make a living once Scotland goes independent.

Probably squeeze in a few more rounds of fundraising before then.

Wings Of Scotland, your source for all the 'we're an indipendent nation but it's still the fault of the english' that's fit to print.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Considering that contempt for Campbell is one of the few things that unites ScotPol, why do we always end up talking about him so much? He's an arse, everyone knows it, it's horrible he has so much influence among a certain sector of Scottish nationalists, but what else is there to say?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Considering that contempt for Campbell is one of the few things that unites ScotPol, why do we always end up talking about him so much? He's an arse, everyone knows it, it's horrible he has so much influence among a certain sector of Scottish nationalists, but what else is there to say?

Because occasionally we need unity and we find that unity in looking at Campbell and going 'what a massive wankstain.'

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

forkboy84 posted:

Like you said. it's one of the few things that unites Scotpol.

Is Scotpol more united then the UKMT now? I don't think I can use my Irony-checker because there's been too much irony happening so far for the poor thing to work properly

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Extreme0 posted:

Like you said. it's one of the few things that unites Scotpol.

Is Scotpol more united then the UKMT now? I don't think I can use my Irony-checker because there's been too much irony happening so far for the poor thing to work properly

I think... I think it might be! I know I'm officially in camp 'okay, so tell me more about your referendum plans, Ms Sturgeon.'

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

There's a "gently caress the British" feeling going on in Brussels and Scotland's in a worse position to negotiate than it was two years ago.

Surely it is more "gently caress the English" and besides isn't Scotland breaking away and joining the EU "loving the British" anyway? You'd just be joining in. I don't see why they'd treat Scotland badly for destroying the UK and remaining in the EU. A nice stable country with a working economy. Certainly compared to Italy, Portugal and Greece.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jun 26, 2016

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

https://twitter.com/nickeardleybbc/status/747020815825240064?lang=en-gb

IT'S loving ON!

I'm going to make the new Thread. Put your witty titles in now.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Sion posted:

I think... I think it might be! I know I'm officially in camp 'okay, so tell me more about your referendum plans, Ms Sturgeon.'

It probably helps that she's the only UK leader who appears to have both a plan and the support to actually carry it out.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Sion posted:

Because occasionally we need unity and we find that unity in looking at Campbell and going 'what a massive wankstain.'

I like to pretend he just doesn't exist because he's such a twat.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Extreme0 posted:

IT'S loving ON!

Independence Day 2: Resturgeonce is the obvious easy pun based on the new movie but after hearing Farage quote the original on Friday, I don't think anyone wants to be reminded of that film series.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Extreme0 posted:

IT'S loving ON!

ScotPol - Unclustering this gently caress.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

Independence Day 2: Resturgeonce is the obvious easy pun based on the new movie but after hearing Farage quote the original on Friday, I don't think anyone wants to be reminded of that film series.

Sounds actually preety fine and I'll choose it if people in this thread want it to be it

I am thinking of either Indyref II: Boris hosed a Dead Country, cheaper by the pound or...

just calling it Trainspotting 2: Independence is my heroin.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Extreme0 posted:

Sounds actually preety fine and I'll choose it if people in this thread want it to be it

I am thinking of either Indyref II: Boris hosed a Dead Country, cheaper by the pound or...

ScotPol: Wings over bullshit

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Sion posted:

ScotPol - Unclustering this gently caress.

I like this, if only for the implication that the best we can manage is a slightly neater pile of gently caress than we already have.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Extreme0 posted:

Independence 2: Cameron Lied, UK Died.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Looking on Reddit occasionally, which I know is a bad idea, it does seem like independence supporters are getting less willing to give Stu publicity and are recognising he might be more of a liability than an asset, so there might be some hope. However I have been reliably informed by our friends in UKMT that hope is a mistake, so.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Extreme0 posted:

I think I stole this pun from somewhere else, but Scotpol IV: I Vow To Flee My Country

E: Boris hosed A Dead Country is fine too

Angepain fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 26, 2016

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Baron Corbyn posted:

I feel like there's a better one to be made with Scottish Insturgeonts but I can't quite figure it out.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

ScotPol - A twice in a generation thread

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

ScotPol - Where Everything's hosed Up and the Referendums Don't Matter

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

http://twitter.com/Eeyinnotyouwin/status/747068589488902144

goddamnit glasgow fash

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Countdown to Coohoolin cursing all Rangers fans for this action begins now...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Interesting they put the most effort into drawing buttsex, don't you think?

ScotPol Thread: Dependence Referendum Incoming

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

We still talk about Pissflaps?

Re. names: I support who ever suggested Independence Stay 2: The ReSturgeonence.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Currently looking like Spain could be heading to a PSOE/Podemos coalition. Which could decrease chances of Spanish opposition to Scottish EU membership being fast-tracked.

Edit: Or the PP could win 13 more seats & I despair at humanity just a little more. Cool stuff.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 26, 2016

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

big scary monsters posted:

I feel like there's a better one to be made with Scottish Insturgeonts but I can't quite figure it out.

The Scottish Insturgeoncy?

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK
Sturgeon says she can get us out of this mess, but she's pretty sure you're hosed

edit: ScotPol Thread: Act of European Union

duckmaster fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 26, 2016

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

ScotPol - Like Game of Thrones only we wish we would all die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

False alarm everyone, Boris knows what the Scots want

Ewan in the UKMT posted:

In his weekly Telegraph column, Johnson said Brexit would “not come in any great rush” and dismissed Nicola Sturgeon’s calls for a second Scottish independence referendum, insisting he did not “detect any real appetite” for one.

• Locked thread